Sign in to follow this  
Moth_To_A_Flame

Fave Beauty Tip and Fave Product Chinese Whisper Game!

Hi dear members, I thought it would be interesting to devise a little game. I apologise if something similar has been done before but it's just a little fun. (Will double up as light relief from revision for me too!) ;)

Ok, what you have to do is leave a little beauty tip and recommend one favourite beauty product that has worked wonders for you!

Mine are as follows:

TIP- If you find that your mascara is hard and flaky but shouldn't be as it's still new, then run it under a hot tap for about 30 seconds and voila , as good as new!

PRODUCT- The one product I swear by and could not live without is High Beam by Benefit. I have good skin so don't use foundation, but using a tiny amount of this highlights my cheekbones and gives my complexion a gorgeous sheen! Quite pricey (£15) but lasts for ages!

Looking forward to reading your tips girls so come on, get them in! (Brothers, if you have any, feel free to join in!) :D

Blessed   

^^Hey girl.

Tip

If like me you suffer from sun burn during the summer, crush a few strawberries and leave the the mask on your face for a few minutes- do fight the temptation to lick it off :D .

The result is simply delish, not only does it cool your skin it also leaves a nice little glow ;)

Product

I never go anywhere without my trusted little Vaseline. Perfect for dry libs, dry hands and clearing off unwanted makeup. Only 99p at a store near you.

Goodness, this is FUN!

Tip1: if u want to do wonders for your skin, head for the kitchen where you'll find water from the tap.

Tip 2: put together oats, honey and yoghurt to form a face mask. Keep the consistency sludge-like then slap it on(in a manner of speaking). When it drys, rub it into yr face gently- exfoliation- and then rinse away. Works wonders. U'll smell like muesli but it's worth it. :D

Product: I second Ameenah on this one: Vaseline. Which ever handbag I take(if not, coat pocket) I take my handy-sized vaseline. Keeps lips in good nick as the skin on lips does not produce oil. Vaseline can also be used with makeup- on the lids, cheeks and lips but not all at once or u'll reflect and hurt the beholder's eyes.

..and that was post No 500. Hoooogeeeey. :eek:

lol   

^^ Look at the sister before u :D

Ameenah: How did u manage to write so much sis.. I signed up for this forum way b4 u did yet... am not even upto 1000? Damnnnnnnn Gurl!

Tip If u suffer from dry skin like I do Applying honey on ur face would make your skin look healthier and feel soft. Don't forget to let leave it on for like 30 mins...

Tip 2 If u r at a party and you sweat, u can freshen up by patting your face with a tissue or a napkin but make sure u don't use the same napkin u wipe ur mouth with.. it conflicts the ettiquette of table ;)

Product moisturizer/ hyderating gel from Clinique. It does wonders for your face. Its a bit expensive $50 but its worth it.

Ameenah,Sheherazade and Hibo, thanks for joining in! Your mask recipes are really making me hungry! I agree with vaseline too, I love the aloe vera green tub, smells really yummy as well as having lots of uses!

I have another tip! If you suffer from dry damaged hair in the summer and get horrid split ends, try this...

Blend together 1-2 bananas (depending on the length of your hair) mix in a tablespoon of honey and another of olive oil. Wash your hair once with water only and slather on this gunk as a miracle hair mask. Leave on for 15-20 minutes and then shampoo/condition and rinse. The nourishing natural oils should smooth the cuticles leaving a gorgeous healthy shine!! smile.gif

Janna   

Tip 2: put together oats, honey and yoghurt to form a face mask. Keep the consistency sludge-like then slap it on(in a manner of speaking). When it drys, rub it into yr face gently- exfoliation- and then rinse away. Works wonders

Good God! :eek:

Bess.   

gurls.....these r some of the best ideas....thanks :D ... i don't about y'all but most of the products out there are extra harsh on my skin and end up leaving it dry and irrititated .....will try them all out these weekend....invite some girl friends and have a gurls day in.... :D

najma82   

Hey girls...salaamz

These are all great ideas masha-allah...but my best tip that i can give you guys is Cocoa butter...that lotion is so good on your skin, i mean damm good lol. It will reveal the beauty of your skin, making your skin shine and soft...try it...you can thank me later lol. :D

Rahima   

No girl should be without two essentials:

1. Eyeliner (preferably kohl).

2. Vaseline (or Blistix-i prefer).

More than this is not necessary really.

As for face masks, qasil, cusbur, huruud (the usual somali mixes) are probably the best.

pearl   

EVER SEEN THOSE TOILET SHEET COVERS...ITS THE BEST AND CHEAPEST INVENTION EVER INVENTED FOR REMOVING OIL FROM SIMPLY UR FACE...

CUT THEM UP IN LITTLE PIECES AND STORE THEM IN A SMALL CASE AND VOILA!