Sign in to follow this  
lol

Ladies Demand Respect

lol   

It seems like the men of this generation have lost respect for their women. Especially in the Somali society. I came across many women that complain alot and do barely nothing to change that. And they end up getting disappointed from one relationship to another. And eventually settle for less than they bargained. Now I did a little research of my own. And this is what I came up with so do chip in your two cents as well.

I did an interview with women in their 40s and 50s, just to see what went wrong for our generation. Ladies these women demanded respect from their men without fightingor wakintheirneighbors with their arguments. Rather they used a technique called, " Patience" You heard me right. They used Patience to achieve their long term goals. As you all know, how the saying goes, " Keep your friends close and your enemies closer". Whether you believe or not Men are our natural enemies. But don't misinterpret the word "ENEMY". Men are driven by the wheels of desire and women are driven by wheels of instinct. By that I mean, men think with their third leg, but women think with their feelings and thoughts. So that gives us an upper hand in this game we all tend to play with each other silently.

In conclusion LADIES, use Patience its a powerful weapon. Let me give you an example.

A very strong woman married a man she thought was all she wanted and a bag of chips. After the first month of immense joy and contentment, her husband started to show off his true colors. He didnot only start chewing Khad, but left her to rejoice in her solitude till 5 am. At first, she yelled at him for being so late and nagged him till he became violent. So she thought to herself " Maybe I ought to use another approach". The following night when her husband came home at his usual hour, he found her waiting for him with his dinner on the table. He was surprised but didn't show. She did it again and again over two weeks. Than her husband started to come home at 2am instead of 5am. She continued to wait for him. After a month , her husband came home at 12 midnight. And again she waited up for him. So this time he came home at 6 pm right after work and didn't leave to hang with his friends rather with his wife.

Now lets reverse the situation. Lets say this woman used " yelling, nagging, and even slapping" to make her husband change. What would have been the outcome? They would divorce, end up bruising each other or even murder. Or maybe he would change but the chances of this happening is very remote.

So Ladies what do you say, Try to use this WEAPON for a change?????????? :D

True dat. Patience is how most moms raised 6 or 7 kids in a remote world where making up with abox of tiffany was out of the norm.

LOL @ the lady with the Food Trap!! She followed the Grannies of all nation's rule of thumb: Feed HiM.- and u should've a doormat for life.

" The key to aman's heart is thru his Stomach" - Granny 1612

lol@ Soul_Lady :D

Hibo,

Patience is all nine and dandy sis, but if I have to wait up till 5am with food, you bet there is going to be poison in that food :mad:

However, it all depends on the couple, and how willing and committed the wife is into making that marriage work...dont ya know! ;)

It is my opinion that our generation (20-30yr olds) have high expectations, thus, are not willing to put up with less than our version of perfection :rolleyes:

Having said that, if I see Faarax that shows potential, waan iska jaf-jafanlahaa..... ;):D

True Patience is the key to everything in life eventhou its hard to be patient sometimes.

The following night when her husband came home at his usual hour, he found her waiting for him with his dinner on the table. He was surprised but didn't show.

loooooooooool smart women.

A7LA-SHU   

Patience?? hate to sound stupid here but i wasn't born with one sorry.. for like things yeah but dude coming home at 5am.. i would change the keys and let him learn his lessons..... and if that ain't working.. lil advice for him get himself a wifey that an chew the **** with him like a cow...

Buubto   

islam.gif

Asalaamu Aleikum Wr Wb

Well said hibo, sis is true what u said in this world without patience u can not survive. Mansha Allah that lady was smart. Because of her patience she got a reward from Allah. Patience is part of the iman like Allah told us in the holly Qur’aan.

3.200 O ye who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy; vie in such perseverance; strengthen each other; and fear Allah. that ye may prosper.

Marriage is one of those things that require compelete patience if one of the couples don’t be patience that marriage will break. Like our ppl say “guur qof un sabarkiis ayuu ku dhisanyahay”. No doubt this world one way or the other someone will be negalected, in our society as far as marriage concern most of the times women r the the victam. But what can u do if that is ur luck, other than being connect with ur loard & have patience. As Allah is tasting u through this rough time u going through, if u have patience Allah is with u & will forgive u like he said in the qur’aan.

11.11 Not so do those who show patience and constancy, and work righteousness; for them is forgiveness (of sins) and a great reward.

This is Haathis

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet passed by a woman who was weeping beside a grave. He told her to fear Allah and be patient. She said to him, "Go away, for you have not been afflicted with a calamity like mine." And she did not recognize him. Then she was informed that he was the Prophet . so she went to the house of the Prophet and there she did not find any guard. Then she said to him, "I did not recognize you." He said, "Verily, the patience is at the first stroke of a calamity."

RC

Patience is all nine and dandy sis, but if I have to wait up till 5am with food, you bet there is going to be poison in that food

:D:D Ar mee u macataa icon_razz.gif

May Allah give us a very strong patience (Amin).

lol   

I am thrilled to see my fellow sistas all agree with me on this. I thought I was going crazy thinking I was gonna tolerate such acts, but to see many would do the same kind fof relieves me...

Magnoona Girl: I wish there was a market I would have bought u one.. its miraclous in nature... u don't know what u can achieve with it!

WILDCAT   

A beautiful and touching plan Hibo...sounds so good in theory...but I think a lot of us would have difficulties executing it...I know that I would...to be faced with such blatent disrespect and to then calmly come back with a kind gesture...wow...pious doen't even cover it.

You'd need to be a woman in complete cotrol of her emotions to carry that one off...not to mention very very comfortable in her own skin...because this action requires that she play a subservient role...any woman who has an ounce of pride would never consider it...no girl wants to think of herself as a whipped little woman.

I agree with Chick on this...well said sweetie...if the guy is worth it...hey why not?...but if the deal is that she's the one who's forever and a day required to be patient while he continues to take liberties...then it's no deal...that ain't a marriege...that's a mother/child relationship at best...and master/servant at worst.

Loyan   

Salaams to all the sisters on this topic. It is refreshing to know our sisters prefare patience over confrontation. Please spread the word smile.gif

There are plenty of married men eating at restaurants all the time, which is a sign of family problems. I guess you can help them get some nourishment from home ;)

Hibo, seriously, I beleive our community needs some creative solutions like this. I suggest that you also survey the wise older men and ask the same question.

Ramadaan Kariim

Blessed   

Originally posted by WILDCAT7:

I agree with
Chick on this...well said sweetie...if the guy is worth it...hey why not?...but if the deal is that she's the one who's forever and a day required to be patient while he continues to take liberties...then it's no deal...that ain't a marriege...that's a mother/child relationship at best...and master/servant at worst.

My sentiments exactly .... I would have to see immediate results to keep that up!

Ariadne   

nice story hibo. Yes, patience is good for use in your everyday life not just with your mate, but its a hard skill to muster it can sometimes take years but most of the time the end result is worth it no?.

Hanna   

that women must be the strongest women on earth

hibo your theory sound great in paper but i believe alot of us wouldn't have the courage to follow it thru .....but I guess anything is possible when your inlove even if it means throwing away your self pride and respect

the rock's chick i agree with you walaahi cuz if i had to wait for him till 5 am to give him dinner you best believe that food will in fact be poisioned or atleast be the worse food he could possibly test

ramadaan kariim

;)

“". Men are driven by the wheels of desire and women are driven by wheels of instinct. By that I mean, men think with their third leg, but women think with their feelings and thoughts. So that gives us an upper hand in this game we all tend to play with each other silently.”

Very superficial but right to a certain extent perhaps, but women too these days think with their oobbiiiss its Ramadan now.. …cant say it. Oh well its too easy to say the above about men but you got to realize that ultimately we are here to propagate ourselves so that we don’t grow extinct. So then what more is important than thinking with just that huh! I suppose women don’t think with u know god knows what!

Fighting to mate or to protect always includes risks of acting stupid. Heroism always is close to foolishness. The role play has been the same for at least five million years even among animals: If the sabretooth or the wolf is approaching, the female grabs the kid and runs and the male makes his stand - often his last. No problem: he already has reproduced anyway. If you ever got in trouble yourself, you will confirm there are not even hard feelings: No man feels deserted, if his woman runs away as long as she carries his genes (Wishful thinking).

So perhaps Hibo is right in saying that we think with our third legs (Dickheads) rather than the brain that works so hard as to make sure you genes don’t die vain and live forever.

Interesting perspective though, handling a man is the easiest thing to do ladies all you need to do is do your home work well and you got it all. They say patience is a virtue and both parties have to be just “Patient with each other”

Macalin   

Hibaa(lol)..I LIKE THIS!!

Patience PAYS aa layiri!..anyways am glad my sistas are agreeing to this

UXM>>NOW WHERES MA FOOD?!?!