Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Arranged Marriages

How do you feel about it. are they the cure to the rotten institution that is Somali marriages. cos all those who find their own love are disappointed in the end. there is something about the unknown that is exciting and stabilising. Its like Forest Grump said. life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what your gonna get. I wouldnt mind a nice BIG purple one.

purpleone.jpg

There is a young charming pretender who is my mums friend son and I fancy him. I wouldn't mind him at all ruunti. He is hot. :D:D , word is that he is into arranged marriages and has asked his mum to find him a suitable wifey.

oz_girl   

depends.

can i still reject him if he doesn't meet my standards?

u gotta understand that what works for some doesn't work for others...

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Bella*Princess:

cos
all those
who find their own love are disappointed in the end.

Mind telling us how you came to this conclusion?

yeah thats true oz_girl. i am willing to try at least, but only after a introduction.

kool Kat, because many realise what their partners promised come to a crashing halt. its all lies in the end.

Kool_Kat   

What's all lies in the end? And don't you know a man is a man is a man...Whether hooyo keento, aabe keeno, adeer keeno, abti keeno, eedo keento, habaryar keent, at the end of the day he is a man...Or you honesly think cuz it is arranged he'll be more truthful and forthcoming? It is all lies in the end Bella!

And you still haven't answered my original question? ;)

Kool Kat - I can only talk about what i see and many peoples marriage are not perfect. Some are. but many are living in a marriage that is dead and the fear of divorce is too great to separate. hope that helps eedo.

Kool_Kat   

If you can only talk about what you've seen, I would hardly call that, as you put it, 'all those who find their own love are disappointed in the end.'

It is one thing to talk about what you've seen and its specifics, but to generalize it like you have, as the above statement, sheekadu wey isbadali... :D

Let's get back to your mom's friend's son, what does he do? What makes them hot? smile.gif

*Smiles and then lifts a curious brow* Do you really think its such a good idea to step into a life altering decision based on a mans "hotness" levels? Then again I suppose marriages have been built on less in which case I'd say go forth if you dare and tell us of the results of such a venture later on down the line. Far be it from me to stifle ones longing for matrimony.

Would be interesting to see how it pans out of course.

Malika   

Bella,why! your in a perfect position to get the hottie! Just tell your mum,she tells her friend and hopefully,you get your xalal hottie.. smile.gif

chubacka   

^hahaha xalal hottie.

Bella/Queen are you suddenly into arranged marriages because of this dashing young man? icon_razz.gif

or did you consider them an option before hand?

An most marriages are arranged someway or other, its usually through family or friends that you make contacts.

But either love or arranged, once your married, does it matter how you met? All that matters is that you both agreed to spend your lives together and you both have to work to honour that commitment.

Arranged marriages are not so bad. although i would rather find my own wife, its always comforting to know its a last resort. People should be looking at this scenario at around 27ish for women and 34 for men. smile.gif

malika, its not so easy getting a hottie huuno, but i am looking around. ever since i went to yemen last year, i am not on religious men. i prefer a normal man these days.

chubacka looool@Queen are you suddenly into arranged marriages because of this dashing young man?

not really, thats one of many possibilities.

Malika   

^Your an interesting young lady.. smile.gif , hayee what happened to the 'wadaad type' in Yemen? But you do know you cant judge all men equal,they are individuals you know. icon_razz.gif