Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Cilmi Boodheri? Who?

Jacpher   

Originally posted by
Alexus
:

Somaliaonline is place where men are 30 plus and the girls never past 22.

30 plus? Waabad na yareeneysaayee waa sidee. Just kidding. I’m not near those in the list. Though Somalis associate age with wisdom, I feel the same way as Sharmarke.

As Sky wrote, Boodheri was obsessed with Hodan, an obsession that caused him his life. Obsession and love are two different things you’ll agree. Not a Romeo & Juliet thing. I think I heard Hodan developed some type of depression in her later years. You can say Boodheri’s obsession caught up to her.

It is said that love is not real love unless or until it is tested by pain and tragedy. Unrequited love is the most tested love of all. It requires colossal strength and belief to keep burning. Perhaps that's why Boodhari's love feels ever eternal.

Xoogsade
: I like to think every woman is just like the other and all give womanly thing in terms of warm feelings and etc, so why pain yourself when you can get one?

Well, that depends. Do you believe you are like every other faarax out there? Do you have nothing more to offer than the next Jaamac? Is there anything special about you, as Xoogsade?

I believe everyone is unique. How many people out there look, think, feel, behave and dream like you? Not many I would wager.

Personality, outlook, habits, attributes, likes and dislikes, chemistry...Just a few of the things that determine who we are, and who we fall in love with. Humans are not generic.

Alexus
: Somaliaonline is place where men are 30 plus and the girls never past 22.

Some never pass 19.

Xoogsade   

Aeronwen, that way of thinking about women gives me the protective mechanism I need and prevents my heart from falling into nonsensical abyss. Uniqueness is what is particular to individuals and what makes them who they are of course, but it doesn't mean everyone else lacks the needed important qualities that make them a desirable company as well. At some point of time, a man decides every woman has the potential to be as good as the other although each one of these women have something special about them.

PS: I know someone who might wanna get married to me wouldn't buy that and want to hear how special they are, but I think my way of thinking is generous in the least and shouldn't be tampered with lol.

X

Generous, perhaps, but rather naive. Every woman out there may be as good as the next one, but they cannot all suit you (even if your needs/requirements are exactly the same as every other man's, which, let's face it, they probably are). You couldn't possibly gel with all of them. But I understand the need for self-protection. The belief that all men are inherently destructive, selfish and just plain evil has sustained me as well. And it worked for a long time. :D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Sky:

These tragic stories are abundant in Somalia. There is also another story about a nomad in Sool who was roaming around thirsty, looking for water. When he finally arrived at a water point, the local family refused to give him water, fearing that he would deplete their water. This is strictly against Somali traditional rules. The nomad was so shocked that he vowed to never drink drink water anymore for the rest of his life. He kept his word, while the family's reputation sunk deeper and deeper after each passing day that the poor man didn't drink water.

He died 30 years later at age 70 in the beginning of the 90s, only drinking milk since that fateful day. All that was left of the poor man was dry skin and brittled bones. He evidently suffered throughout those three decades, but he had a point to make.
That is the character of a genuine Somali nomad.

The best things about this site are these occasional, unintentional and unexpected sources of mirth. :D

As for the tragic story of Celmi, I’ve always thought he pointlessly killed himself and that Hodan got away lightly.

Just imagine if Celmi and Hodan had got together and there were none of those obstacles in their way! They would have married and had loads of kids. All the pretty girls would look like their mother and the manly boys will resemble their father.

The people of Berbera would look on in envy at this pretty and loving family. Celmi, on his way home from the bakery, will pick up a rose, flower or giant watermelon for his Hodan.

Hodan will cook him a delicious meal and perfume the entire house. The kids will all behave like the great and disciplined little kids that they are.

It’s 1937 (as someone above said) and the family does not own a TV. The children run out to chase the family goat while Hodan and Celmi sit down to have a lover’s chat.

Celmi asks Hodan if there is anything to eat in the house. She springs to her feet and runs to bring him the food that she spent all morning cooking. Celmi sits and eats in silence. Hodan watches him eat and starts remembering the old days. She giggles and says to him: remember when you used to feed me with your own hands?

Celmi grunts and carries on stuffing his face with the sweet food. Hodan carries on giggling and says; remember how in love we used to be?

Celmi grunts assent again and carries on eating. A drop of saliva starts developing on Hodan’s mouth. She gulps her saliva and says, you don’t feed me with your own hands like you used you, Celmi! Celmi mumbles something about ‘tomorrow’ and carries on eating. Hodan loses her patience and finally orders him to give her some of the food. Celmi is appalled! He takes a mental note to remind himself that he’s been spoiling this woman and needs to put her in her place.

Hodan repeats her order and frowns. Celmi grunts and waves her away with an angry hand. Hodan runs off to the kitchen with tears in her eyes.

In the kitchen, she stands there wondering what was it that attracted her to this selfish Neanderthal.

In the living room, Celmi quietly chews his food and contemplates marrying a more docile and obedient wife. Mid hambadaydee ogole, he reasons.

PS

Don’t you dare question my written Somali. Heh.

PPS

Stop spreading these god-awful rumours about me being the wrong side of 30! :mad:

Janna   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

30 plus? Waabad na yareeneysaayee waa sidee. Just kidding. I’m not near those in the list. Though Somalis associate age with wisdom, I feel the same way as Sharmarke.

Ducaqabe,

Let the truth be told. You and many others from Somaliaonline are over the age of 30.

Maybe Hodan was secretly in love with Mr Boodheri. That should be a mystery we need to look into.

Janna   

Ngonge (wife cheater),

I certainly will not be questioning your Somali for mine is no better.

Rumours? I didn't start these "god-awful rumours about" you.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by ALexus.:

Ngonge (wife cheater),

I certainly will not be questioning your Somali for mine is no better.

Rumours? I didn't start these "god-awful rumours about" you.

Wife cheater? :eek:

There you go again flirting with me, young lady. Anyone reading this will think I tried to sweet talk you in PM and you rejected me, Hodan :D

Those interested will be happy to know that I have not yet tried to visit this young lady's private chambers. If and when she decides to be really really nice to me, I might consider making a fleeting visit. :D

Janna   

Ngonge, Ngonge, Ngonge

I would never dare to flirt with a man who is double my age. Which 19 year old would?

Men who are 30 plus do not interest me.

As for a PM I would delete it rather then viewing it. Ngonge, you reject!

Whats wrong with the age? Im too young to understand that.

ooh well, and young enough to tell you all about Boodhari's story in and out :D

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Aeronwen:

X
And it worked for a long time.
:D

This is very interesting!! I have the habit of reading meanings that aren't conspicuous. So now I am curious, finally, you couldn't use such defensive mechanism and gave up your little heart?

Yea, you are right, I can't gel with every woman who comes my way. However, if I was given the option of producing a qualifying list, it would be impossible to find the kind of woman I want in this world, and I am not alone in this. We all have our own fantasies and perfect partners in our imaginations. Consequently, I tamed my expectations and would/can do with whoever fate pairs me with. That was my point :D

(even if your needs/requirements are exactly the same as every other man's, which, let's face it, they probably are).

LOL, What needs are you talking about? Some are shared and some are not. I need beyond the basics of a warm bed and a ready meal Ops LOL. Well, really, it doesn't matter. I don't think of a marriage as easy way of life but tough responsibility. Failure is unacceptable, divorce is out of the question unless the woman asks for it. It won't come from me first no matter how unhappy I become. Finally, women are too much to maintain :D Ma sahlano, emotional beings, some too clingy, they are sweet and vital for a man's sanity, difficult yet very fragile at the same time. A conundrum for the average joe lol.

While you thought of men as beings who can't be trusted unquestionably, and rightfully so, I deal with every woman as innocent unless I am given a reason to change my mind about her. If there is a villain, it is usually me or so I like to think at first.

PS: Some women don't deserve good men and should be paired with the bad boy types.