Sign in to follow this  
Walk_for_Somalia

What somali men really find romantic

Urban   

passion

it took me about 15 mins trying to read your reply, you see my somali reading is very weak, but i can speak and understand very well, this is how i interpreted you reply, try not to LOL pls:

"you know xamarweyne, i get upset when i say i love u and the reply is 'me too'. shidhis ka dheh! Even if his mother is sitting there, its not on, what, is he embarassed from my love? (passion then you said you feel something when he says i love you darling infront of his parents...something something...). thats what i call love. but xamarweynoow, i dont like talking like that infront of my mother..."

i understand what you mean when your parents are there that you shouldnt flirt with you husband/wife. i think its disrespectful to them.

but seriously, i think replying with 'me too' is really awful...even tho it is embarassing sometimes to say the L word infront of your male friends

Katrina   

Rockstar dear that’s wonderful and I hope you know how lucky you are to have such an amazing dad, masha'allah. A smart person would realize your dad is not the average farax and would be wise not to assume all farax's are wired that way. My comments were regarding the average farax population and not the slim picking that wouldn't even make it onto a statistical chart. Why don't you ask other farax's in your city if they would do what your dad does? Guess what they'd be insulted at your question, try it.

Since you mentioned the exception to the rule let me add in my two cents. I didn't mention my dad coz he doesn't fall into the average farax category. He too is super amazing father. Even after 40 yrs of marriage, he treats my mom like a princess. He acts like a love sick puppy during the months when my she crosses the Atlantic to visit some of her kids. And a week before she flies back, he metamorphoses into a giddy teenage boy and starts buying new furniture, her favorite dessert etc. He would cook for us when my mom was busy even though he sucks at cooking. During finals after salat al-fajr he would wake my siblings and I to study with a hot mug of coco in his hand. Damn, I can't remember the last time someone brought me something in bed aaah. And even though I'm no longer a child he never forgets my birthday. Nothing beats getting out of a class on your B-day only to find a voicemail with a 60+ yr old man's gruffly singing the birthday song in his ESL English.lol As a child, I took it for granted but now I know how fcking lucky I am to have this man as my dad.

I won't even get started about one of my brothers. The man's as close to perfect as possible. The farax's cooking and cleaning ability puts all his sisters to shame. A college grad. who works in his major and also started a business with his friends fresh out of college. He spends all his time between his job and the business and on his nonexistent free time kicks my mom out of the kitchen and gives her a break. If he weren't my brother I'd be on my knees proposing in a minute.

I apologize for the long post but I'm making a point. I'm not a hater towards faraxs but the majority needs to catch up to the few exceptions (Xamar is obviously one of ‘em). The first step to change is acceptance and the majority of faraxs need to stop with the whole marriage thing just because their tired of scabulo life to have someone cook, clean and provide easy, clean and available services. ;)

Rowda, luv your attitude. Ahura & Hodman beware of a man who cooks now. No guarantees he will later.

U know what kills romance; lying!!

Urban   

i think im one of those few lucky people who have an amazing father. skilled taylor. amazing chef. greatest D.I.Y.er and the strictest man on earth. katrina i know exactly what you mean about waking you up in the morning after al-fajr. after my father retired from the army, he used to wake me and my bros and sis to school, make breakfast for us..and give us a lift to school in his taxi too. even now he does the washing up most of the times, and he always does his own laundry.

in the late 80s when he was in the army, he was often gone for weeks, and my mum told us how she used to wear his shirts and smell it evernight. that was the most beautiful thing i've heared.

he prays 5 times a day. worked his socks off to put food on our plate. he's my idol, if i can be half the man he is, i'd be happiest guy alive.

Rowda   

Wow Xamarwayne,**** i like your style but I cant give the #5 star cuz you forget the gift part sxb. lol

Legend of Zu, Do I here challegenge?? Bring it sxb! I'll even be the first Halimo to show what I'm capable, in order to get brothers heart and mess with his mind.

So Rowda..tell me Why should I share? giving away my secrets?

Marka hore it shouldn't be a secret to share your romatic side, infact it will benefit all the SOL brothers. That is hadaad wax isku haysid, hadii kale, ina'abti naga daa dulcamirashada dee.

Mida labaad this is cyber and anything you say will not use against you in the eyes of law unless you provide false statement. :D

Xoogsade   

Jomaana, I can cook but it is tiresome to cook. Plus your appetite dies as you are cooking. It is better if someone else cooks it for you. I would rather clean the dishes, vacuum the house, and do the laundry than cook.

What I find disturbing is how some of these young girls think life is about their pleasure and their men pleasing them eternally. Their mothers should be their perfect examples and they should emulate them instead of following the mirage life created in their mind by the sop operas they watch or the one purported in romantic books and movies ;) Life doesn't imitate misleading arts in the real world.

me hates trashy women period! a women needs to have a class or just hit the door! i dont mind going that extra mile for a classy, honest, not biatchy kinda of lady! thats my home gal!

gotta have a class! i dont care what kinda of education she has! but must a class quality of her own!! :(

^^^^loooooooool

Xmarweyne I salute your Idol (ur-father)...xamarweyne.....no matter how long it took u 2 understand my somali....bottom line bruv u understood me.

U knw what i find romantic....whenever I go to a wedding i see somali couple in their 50s dancing tango with the newly weds.....bless.

Arawella   

I am not sure which weddings you go to but from my experiences showing any public romance towards the opposite sex is not yet the norm for Somalis.

We are still old fashioned and having a boyfriend/girldfriend has to be undertaken without the knowledge of the family.

Urban   

Originally posted by Fathia:

We are still old fashioned and having a boyfriend/girldfriend has to be undertaken without the knowledge of the family.

haha :D

so so true in many (if not all) cases

Nephissa   

What somali men really find romantic

You pull his head down onto your lap. Run your fingers through his hair and tell him how much you love him. Simple! They'r so e-a-s-y. :D (And you nosey ones dare not ask how I know this.)

PS: Stop this Daddy talk girls/boy. You killed the thread! I'm seeing my Pa' all over my screen now, can't type half of the things I wanted to say here. Arrrrggg!

Rahima   

Bisharo :eek: . We'll talk woman, in private though, too many piercing and judgmental eyes. I promise i won't.

What I find disturbing is how some of these young girls think life is about their pleasure and their men pleasing them eternally.

Replace ‘young girls’ with ‘young men’ and ‘their men’ with ‘their women’ and then I’d say you were right on the money ;) .

You want proof, go back to your post in that dreaded section in that topic about women’s education- I’m still thinking of a way to punish you for that opinion :mad: . No, you do not have a right to express your opinion. There is no such thing as a right to freedom of expression, especially as it is so backward- the opinion that is.

Xoogsade   

:D:D

Rahima

I don't disagree with you as no human being was made to be in servitude to the other. That was my point retrospectively.

I do not study and pursue a career, I do not work hard for an income, I do not take care of myself for the sake of a woman. So I get a little irritated when I see some of the comments which make a man's existence as wrothless as solely making someone happy. And don't get me wrong here, cause to please your partner is important. In fact, without good character, forebearnce, understanding, humility, a relationship won't last too long. However, my main purpose of existence is Not to please a woman and no woman should have a list of silly expectations.

Anyhow, about the school in the other section, I don't remember what I said that constitutes backwardness. May be a joke I made was out of line. Other than that I reiterate that the school was the product of a sublime effort made by some somalis. Just because they added a cooking class or sewing class doesn't make the school meaningless. In times of great need in our country, we should appluad every effort no matter how little or great it is. Besides, do you know you would get paid more than many college gratuates in the midwest if you are skilled? Sewing pays good in here. And in Somalia, last time I knew it was male dominated business. It is good if some somali girls open their own shops and tailor clothes. I am sure you as a RAHIMA would have gone to a woman owned tailor shop than you would to a man's. Marka, sis, why are you so upset about nothing? Surely, you can't be a Man :D

Bishaaro

Waa iigu baxdaa inaa iska dhigo aabbe aabbe camal. Ka faa'iideyso dadka kaa waaween yariiseey.