Sign in to follow this  
Walk_for_Somalia

What somali men really find romantic

Yeniceri Nagging?? Women nag, men whine. Now who wants a whinning somali man ? No woman wants that. I guess it goes both ways.

Xoogsade Cooking?... Come on i met enough men that yes live away from their families and prefer cooking than dining out. Dont you all get sick of resturants?

I do. God bless diaspora for teaching somali men how to live alone and cook for themselves. Girls...the chances of you finding men that cook for you is alot higher than a decade ago :D .

Alla-ubahne I mean modern day romance.

If you are brave enough to share it then please do. smile.gif

Cano geel Physical appearance and food is not romance.... try and be more specific cause thats nothing to do with romance.

Consideration, confidence, and a lot of TLC!

Jawazay ...is that romance or is that your turn ons! lol

1)do as you are told

2) cook good food with variety

3)Make sure one can look at you when one gets home

4)make sure all my clothes are cleaned and ironed

5)Never Nag

6) and finally always be ready to give it up [big Grin] [big Grin]

Mr Orgilaqe .... they were selling robots that do that in japan ...why dont you go purchase one.

If this is a somali mans definition of romance...i need to get over my shock. :eek: ç

Let me see how many men agree to this.

Ahura sis i was doing some research. Understanding the somali mans mind. Thanx for wipping Mr O ;)

Foxy eeheheh why dont you place an AD. Im sure few non somalies will fit your needs and a very unique one of a kind ...might be extinct somali man. :D

Katrina Im still waiting for a reply that doesnt contain looks, food or nagging. We will see. I have hope.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Katrina   

God bless diaspora for teaching somali men how to live alone and cook for themselves. Girls...the chances of you finding men that cook for you is alot higher than a decade ago

From your mouth to the doors of the sky (screwed up translation hehe). Jo, lately I've been thinking somali men who cook is an urban myth. Hear me out, most guys I've known eagerly point out that fact in the first or second conversation (like that's gonna win me over...sheesh) but I've yet to have any cook me a simple spagetti & tomato sauce meal. I won't even mention the possibiltiy of the impossible (gourmet meal) thereby leading to the obvious and logic hypothesis; an urban myth.lol When I see the tell all marks of spagetti strands on their kitchen walls then and only then will I become a believer.

I also eagerly await the reply of our loving brothers but fear our wait might be an eternity. All jokes aside it would be wonderful to get insight into their thought process, especially with the anonymity of this cyber world. I think they must be shy. Is there anything Jo we can do to entice 'em. Come on boys oops I mean men have you no wisdom to bestow upon your lowly female counterparts.

In retrospect every Somali man I've know needed a little help. I thereby volunteer myself and experiences as a test input. Bismillallah (clears throat), my experiences with romantic gestures and Somali men are minimal. Why? I don't know (shrugs shoulders) why but it might be my fault. My personality tends to intimidate their delicate & fragile ego, killing it!!

Who's brave enough to follow my lead? :D

Katrina   

Seriously though, we are always moaning about guys not being romantic. How often do you see gals being romantic towards guys?! Now i can list a bunch of things you could do for a guy that can be considered romantic, but truth is so little of us do it, waa lagula yaaba hadaa dhahdid waxaas...because as women we enjoy being the star of the relationship...me, me, me.

Born Friday, I agree with you but guess what?? I've tried it girl. What star are you talking about? I'm happy with the crumbs. I've done some mushy stuff for 'em. Listing 'em would make you laugh your **** off (have no fear moderators nothing R-rated)

I've realized somali men appreciate it more when it's a hard core typical somali girl. :D

I've realized somali men appreciate it more when it's a hard core typical somali girl

never smile lady, because you got it right, yep we like that way, when there is Suuraha iyo Manyaca, iscusbaynta iyo buuraha dhaadheer oo laga dhaco, Perhaps you should always take your Mountain bikes with you incase you might decide to go all way to really help you make it through.

Rowda   

looooooooool, girls girls you always suprise me.

Romance? somali men? does water & oil mix?

To find the answer to your question look your parents? child you can't have your cake and eat it.

Sis there is only two choices; somali men or romance else where.

Katrina dear I'll go second.

Title:# Five

I was dating with this Somali brother for 2months. We went out on my B-day, the girl in me was expecting fun romantic night right?

He picked me up from work & after I sat down to the passenger side there was a letter sitting on the dash-board which had my name. I picked up the letter and opened it with a lot of excitement on my face, it said Happy B-day plah plah plah.

We went to dinner and he insisted on going to the movies although I was not in the mood. Finaly the pathatic movei ended & he said, I have suprise for you but I won't tell you until we get there.

I was excited to see the sweat gift that he had planed for me. To make long stoy short who knew the gift was motel 6 nothing else. How is that for a romantic night with a brother?

Cakta ibixibaa igaraacday, for get the gift I just wanna be home safe.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Uma   

Rowda,

I was rolling with laugher as I read ur post. I'm sorry that u had such experience.

I have to agree with you. Like you said water and oil don't mix! you right! I this case, romance will be the oil for oil flouts on water.

And somali guys will sink. Lol

I wonder if there are classes where they teach about love and stuff. I'm sure a lot of brothers would've needed to enrol.

Originally posted by Katrina:

I've been thinking somali men who cook is an urban myth. Hear me out, most guys I've known eagerly point out that fact in the first or second conversation (like that's gonna win me over...sheesh) but I've yet to have any cook me a simple spagetti & tomato sauce meal. I won't even mention the possibiltiy of the impossible (gourmet meal) thereby leading to the obvious and logic hypothesis; an urban myth.lol When I see the tell all marks of spagetti strands on their kitchen walls then and only then will I become a believer.

Hooo, let me stop you right there! I don't know about other Somali men, but myy dad is one Somali man who can cook and cook well. When he comes home from work, he will nip into the kitchen, rather than trouble me or my mum. Not only does he cook, he does DIY, he cleans, he irons his own shirts, he does his own laundry mostly, he does the dishes and goes grocery shopping... all the while holding down a demanding job to support his family.

Then he frequently buys my mum flowers and presents. He takes her out to restaurants and weekend trips to the countryside or continent.

And he remembers her birthdays, and gives my sister and I money for her presents so we can pretend we haven't forgotten.

So there!

Yeniceri   

^^

Thank your for sharing your personal story with the sistas. Hopefully, they'll realize its just their luck (good or bad) that they find "unromantic" men to complain about, and not Somali men in general.

Secondly, the majority of the dudes I know and I'm friends with know how to cook, cause we all learned in scabulo life. :D

LoL @ Rowda. Motel 6, eh? Did he think it was his birthday, rather than yours? These faaraxs! *Shakes head*

Kat,

You haven't come across a brother who can cook? Surely not! From what I have seen, they make better cooks than many girls these days. I personally know some who could give the naked chef a run for his money. Really! But that may be because as a girl who point-blank refuses to cook, I need to know culinarily-blessed people for my own survival. :D

LoL @ XU.."XU...I AM YOUR FATHER.. XU" (with James Earl Jones Voice)

Still SOL members cant differentiate what they find as a romantic & what they want in a partner!!

Simply Romanticism is the actions..not the character or attributes....get that dudes and dudettes!!!

And now my two shillings... I hate anything to do with romanticism...softies bunch of soppy chocolate eaters .. is what I call them!!! :D

Cheers

Originally posted by Rowda:

I was dating with this Somali brother for To make long stoy short who knew the gift was motel 6 nothing else. How is that for a romantic night with a brother?

Now thats my kinda of romantic evening! spend it in funky motel!! you should have been happy gal!!

aint no pleasing them xalimos!! :D

Rowda, You should have been upset over the idea of him taking you to a motel, instead of a 5star hotel as well as thinking he could have his way with you. The way I see it is, he has two strikes against him, ONE for thinking the idea of doing it and to top it on your birthday. SECOND you for taking you to a motel, instead of a 5star hotel. Where did he get the nerve to insult you twice in one night? What are you going to do to retaliate? You are just not going to let him get away with this, are you? (I would think not)

Huh, Rowda maxaad tiri sis? He what? did what? on what? wanted the goods in where? where did he got the nerve? i think he watched to many *cheap* movies. you had me rolling, am so so so truely sorry you had to experience that. takes the fun out of dating brick-heads doesnt it? But even without the testomony, i agree with you, Sis. Romance and Somali boys, something you dont mix. I used to think somali boys arent romantic because they dont like the hassle but now i beleive they dont have a clue. Next time you're on a date or a brother is bragging about how romantic he is ask him: what was the most romantic thing you have done for a girl? the answers will have you rolling! me, i've got my shares of stories, enough to buy me and my girls a hell of a time in our tea-parties(if you know what i mean)

---------------------------------------------

Get Up, Up! Even the best fall down sometimes

Abaadir   

To make long stoy short who knew the gift was motel 6 nothing else. How is that for a romantic night with a brother?

I don't know you guys but it's the girl's actions and imprssions that leads me where we go after a movie. I am not suggesting any thing here. but I am sure if you would have follow the xalaal dating rules, he would not have thought to invite you Motel 6.

Romance! It takes two to tango. Girls you also have zero skills when it comes to romance. Don't blame on us only.