Sign in to follow this  
Walk_for_Somalia

What somali men really find romantic

I was reading this article on msn on what men in general find romantic. Some of what they mentioned was very obvious others took me by surprise.

Many somali women will tell you "Somali man" and "Romantic" can never go together or fall on the same sentence.

So my curiosity led me to ask our fellow somali brothers in SOL.

How do you define Romance? :D

I apologise if this topic was abused before but maybe you changed over the years and became less or more romantic. ;)

Notice im asking "What" not "Why" . redface.gif

Cheers!

Yeniceri   

Generally speaking, a non-nagging girl will get the romantic side out of me. Its private - only she and I may know what I consider romantic. icon_razz.gif

Good question, but who is going to tell you, unless you come head-on to me, and start shukaansigii waayo-waayo ee shaaha lagu cabi jiray. But the way, I call romantic what used to be the authentic shukaansi skills for somali men before thirty years, the classic romance. I know it was all about sheekooyin iyo xujooyin halxiraale ah, to test the intellegence of both.

What the hell am I talking about now, I think am still inclined to our old culture! :D

Alle Ubaahne ma waagi la isu heesi jiray baa ka hadlee oo geedka wayn hoostiisa lagu balami jiray?!

There is nothing romantic about halxiraale though! Yaa xujo ka bixi karo adoo shukaansi ku jira!

I personally think somali men are very romantic given the chance, they just need little coaching and coaxing as all other men do ;)

Katrina   

^Girl, I've been coaching and coaxing for a long time. I'm tired and about to retire.

Jomaana, I'm no male but while we eagerly await the men to reply. Here's my two-cents...silence...wow, I have nothing to say about the topic. How's that for non-nagging? ;)

looool Katrian.. girl,tell us what you really think why dont ya!

Seriously though, we are always moaning about guys not being romantic. How often do you see gals being romantic towards guys?! Now i can list a bunch of things you could do for a guy that can be considered romantic, but truth is so little of us do it, waa lagula yaaba hadaa dhahdid waxaas...because as women we enjoy being the star of the relationship...me, me, me.

Ladies, it goes both ways, you only get what you give!

Saxan saxan ku gud, soor soor ku gud.."or something to that effect"

I thought the question was directed at the MEN well i guess some of this ladies see themselves as MEN. :(

anyways here is my list

1)do as you are told

2) cook good food with variety

3)Make sure one can look at you when one gets home

4)make sure all my clothes are cleaned and ironed

5)Never Nag

6) and finally always be ready to give it up :D:D

and now fellas i am off to my cave till the storm passes........i see a lot of women with their carving knives.....not good...not good at all,delicate areas need to be protected :D

The topic calls for what you would consider ROMANTIC... Mid walba wuxuu lasoo booday 'not nagging' or 'cooking' or worse a 'cute behind'. Maxaa idunku wada khaldan? Those are qualities you want in a person, not romantic activities. Duh! For God's sake, must everything be written out in large letters for you people?

If you find being cooked for romantic, why don't you expand on it a bit more. Tell us what sort of dish, what sort of ambience, what sort of perparations would make an evening meal a romantic one for you (as opposed to the usual one where you wolf it down before folding up in front of the telly like a balloon which has just had all the air let out).

Jomaana, I fail to see why you would be interested in what they would consider romantic. Maxaad such simple creatures ka sugaysaa?

ahura

What constitutesa a romantic evening is private and should be shared with the person.......hey the woman either has got it or she doesnt!.It should come natural no need to advertise.If you are looking for pointers well we do charge by the hour :D

^ Clearly.

So, the sort of activities that would constitute a romantic evening are private in your view? Well that is very telling. Dare I assume then that what you listed over there may not actually be what you would find romantic?

Heh. Ma anaan garan.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't need any pointers. It's not exactly rocket science. Castro's 'Chicken wings and a naked woman' song seems to be the tune to dance to.

eem Ahura you mean you didnt see my little attempt at humour at the bottom of my first post on this thread?.Well it was a joke do i need to clarify even further? looooooooooooooooooool

Seriously though one man's meat is another poison and what constitutes a romantic evening for me i expect my woman to dazzle me with................................................ and ...........................................

and then .............................................

plus....................................

make sure....................................

and...................................

therefore.............................................

so that......................................

finally.................................

see it is private get it now?