Sign in to follow this  
UK_ROSE

LONDON GIRLS HELP - PLZ

Nehanda   

I am not quite certain about Central London, in SW few swimming pool are open to women only at certain times although the lifeguard tend to be men. Not much use there.

mantra   

Originally posted by UK_ROSE:

Mantra,

Few reasons for not wearing a bikini-

1- Nothing guarantees me that a man wouldn't be walking in at any time.

2- Islamically- a woman is not allowed to expose her cawra- waist to knees even in front of other women.

3- Swimming costumes don't look flattering unless ur a size 8-10 and am not!!

Rose :D

first of all if there is a risk of a man walking in, you shouldnt be there at all..the burqini can hardly be considered hijab, same goes for leggings and a t-shirt... what about your hair and neck? :confused:

I didn't know that other women can't see your thighs, is there a hadith for that?

and swimming costumes look more flattering on full bodied sisters! my dear you're just looking for excuses to drown yourself!

I went to York hall, didnt check out their pool but they're in the process of creating a spa..it will open next month inshallah

Aisha   

I go swimming every fortnight. They've got a sauna, spa, steam room & the pool. It's sooooooo relaxing!!! All I wear is board shorts (that cover upto my knees) and a singlet or a small t-shirt. If you wear loose clothing, it will float up once your in the water and can get pretty uncomfortable! Although alot of the women that attend wear their long skirts and over sized t-shirts! There's one girl who's brave enough to wear a bikini. All the older ladies give her the LOOK! She's known as the wild one lol.

UK_ROSE   

Originally posted by *Aisha*:

I go swimming every fortnight. They've got a sauna, spa, steam room & the pool. It's sooooooo relaxing!!!

Where is that sister?

Mantra- Good luck- Maybe you can join the girl wearing a bikini and you can be the wild duet. As for me i think i will stick my theory of "less is more". after all wouldn't want to give any man the pleasure of looking at my flesh! smile.gif

UK_ROSE   

Yepeeeeeeeeeeeee.. FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!

I just called York Hall and there is a swimming session every Tuesday 7.30-9.30 PM and the Life guard is a woman!!! Yepee..

cheeeeeeeeerzzzzz

Ibtisam   

Loool^ looks like you are going to join the dirac swimming people. Don't make the mistake I did and wear shorts and a singlet. EVERY ONE Was Muslim and they were wearing dress/ skirts dirac, so wear one of these as not to look odd.

Ibtisam   

It is women only (which firstly includes non Muslim women (who are leveled with the states of non maxaram men) and as for Muslim women you can only show that which wash while doing wudu (your face/ hair/ hands and feet) so wearing a swimming costumes does not go down well.

Shakti   

hello.. this swimming thing is turning out 2 be long.. innit?

here is the deal...i heard swimming is haram becoz some ppl leave gifts behind 4 ya so its not clean/save place 2 dip urself .. :mad:

Good morning people... what’s the latest on our Somali day time drama..SOL

Shakti   

cynical i beg ya not 2 call me yaree :mad: .. but feel free 2 rock the "naya" word

Anyway, i don’t do pools, apparently they have rules against swimming with ur shoes.. damn ppl .. so i ocean, n yes i do leave submarines behind. what’s ur point :confused:

dev y would u swim with shoes? lol ure funny berson yaree....( waving the white flag) and my point on the submarines darling i don’t thing thats ladylike behavior now ist? and ure the kind of ppl i advocate against gosh the pool is not ure mosqul, its bush ppl like u who make civilized ppl quite swimming. loooooool

Som@li   

If i were in those suburbs, i would disguise and head to one of those pools. :cool:

Uk_Rose, where is it located the one you found? ;)