Sign in to follow this  
UK_ROSE

LONDON GIRLS HELP - PLZ

UK_ROSE   

Hi girls.. Does any one know of a swimming pool dedicated to muslim women in the evenings or weekends?

I have been reluctant to join the gym and would rather go swimming. I would be grreatful if anyone knows of any swimming pools in central london?

many thanks..

Ibtisam   

Central london is wee bit expensive hun. But you can go SANCTUARY (Ladies Health Spa & Gym) in Covent Garden or YMCA extensive fitness facilities which has a pool in Tottenham Court Road. Good luck. In my area there is one for muslim women only but i've never been- but it might be for women from the area only :confused:

NGONGE   

There is a Muslim one in East London (I hear).

Anyway, with most sports clubs, they call it women's only day but the instructors are still male.

Shakti   

^^ hey u mislead us with ur title dee.. i thought something awful happened. Like some1 modestly got raped or something .. damn u UKROSE

Ibtisam   

NG yeah thats the one i am talking about. And yes no cameras and no men, but the roof is glass and see through :D and they have big windows, there was big fight about it. lool

there is the other one i go to in bethnal gree women only (not only muslim women but all women) tuesdays 7.30-9.30 cheap as well

UK_ROSE   

lol, Dev, this is serious!!! i've been dreaming of swimming since i got back from my summer holiday..

My sister is offering to pay my gym membership if i agree to go with her to the Whitechaple mosque gym. I can sooooo see my self working out and going to the chicken shop across the Road..

besides working out in the gym is sooo boring and as a hejabi limited outdoor soprts options as well.

mantra   

Originally posted by UK_ROSE:

lol, Dev, this is serious!!! i've been dreaming of swimming since i got back from my summer holiday..

My sister is offering to pay my gym membership if i agree to go with her to the Whitechaple mosque gym. I can sooooo see my self working out and going to the chicken shop across the Road..

besides working out in the gym is sooo boring and as a hejabi limited outdoor soprts options as well.

lol im gonna join there soon inshallah...and that chicken shop! I know all the workers personally now..

mantra   

there's one in bethnal green so I hear, it's called York Hall, im gonna go check it out tomorrow inshallah..i'll let you know

Ibtisam   

York hall is not a gym it is just swimming. Mantra 2morrow is mix ;) Go to tuesday. Can you believe some somali women swim in dirac there on tues it looks so funny, it use to freak me out but i got use to it now :D

lol! have u tried the north-sea...alot big ones like shamo hang around there...!

ok ok, i am done for the day! have a nice day ladies!!

oh wait, ibi, r u from like Boroma?? u sound like some gal i use to know!