Sign in to follow this  
QabiilDiid

BREAKING NEWS: Axmed Yuusuf Yaasiin: THE BREAKUP OF SOMALIA IS UNTENABLE..

I've already translated the two quotes in contention Xiinow. And honestly, if it is translated the way he wanted to say, there is no much difference than what Somaliland has always said.

Somaliland has always said that "Somali" [not Somalia] need each other - socially that is. But has always added the, "But politically, Somaliland need to remain seperate". President Mohamed I. Egal (AUN) said that many times and its on the record.

And the other thing, I don't see any issue to having open borders with either Djibouti or Somalia (Proper). I would have issues with Ethiopia, though. smile.gif

So comment on my translations if you can. smile.gif

quote:

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

“Berigii hore halkay innaga taagnaayeen arrimaha dibadu maanta inagama taagna ee aad bay uga dhaw yihiin, waxaan weliba rajaynayaa haddaynu nahay Somaliland oo aan filayaa imika maamulka qabsaday Koonfurta Soomaaliya in aynu la jaan-qaadi karno, maxaayeelay waa dhalinyaro cusub oo da’dii 1960-kii talinaysay meesha way ka baxday. Waxa weeyaan da’dii lixdankii talinaysay waa da’ ciil-qabta oo wax badani siyaasad ahan soo dhex mareen. Waxaan filayaa Sheekh Shariif in uu Qaranka Somaliland iyo Soomaaliya si fiican u kala guri doono.”

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Here, the VP makes a remark about UDUB's effort with regards to Foreign Relations and he makes the comment about how close it [the recogntion] is today than ever before. He adds that with the new landmark development regarding the election of Sheikh Sherif as "new blood", Somaliland will be able to build a positive relationship. He described the old-guard (60s generation of Southern Politicians) as "vengeful" and "bitter" - ie they were not flexible with regards to Somaliland's issue. He continued and said that, Sheikh Sherif is break from that old chapter and We [somaliland] could do business with him with regards to formal seperation [si fiican u kala guri doono].

quote:

"Dabcan Soomaaliyi kala maarmi mayso oo cid xad xidhaysa iyo cid wax oodaysaa ma jirto, sidaa Yurub baa la noqon doonaa, laakiin qolo waliba horto inay dib isu soo dhisto oo ay dib u muuqato, oo hadhaw wax la saxo. Ninna laga celin maayo Hargeysa, midna Xamar laga celin maayo, dadka khalad baa la fahan siiyay oo waxa la yidhi xad baa la xidhayaa, Ciidan baa la keenayaa oo ninna soo gudbi maayo, waxaasi waa wax dadka lagu fogaynayo ee dadku waa dadkii uun, laakiin Yurub-ba siday wax u kala leedahay ayaynu wax u kala yeelanaynaa (Soomaaliya iyo Somaliland), dadkuna sidaas ayay isu dhex soconayaan.”

In this quote, the VP makes the assertion that he wants to see something along the lines of "EU" with regards to open cross-border as far as people movement is concerned. He underscores that Southern Somalia needs to build something of a governance structure before a free-border agreement could be reached. He redicules the people who say that they want to close-down the borders and says that everyone should be able to go to where they want just like in "EU". But he also underscored that Somaliland will be Somaliland and Somalia will be Somalia seperate entities.

Fabregas   

So he momentarily boarded the wrong plane and not flight 347, Wey Duushay, Seccessionist airlines. Or he actually got on the plane, but there was a little mixe up and some people thought he was bound to board flight 207 Somaliweyn destined for Muqdisho? :D

Fabregas   

So he momentarily boarded the wrong plane and not flight 347, Wey Duushay, Seccessionist airlines. Or he actually got on the plane, but there was a little mixe up and some people thought he was bound to board flight 207 Somaliweyn destined for Muqdisho? :D

Suldan, serously was it not the policy of SL to reach and close colonial borders? That changed with the election of Sharif?

Oodweyne, your vp is letting you down adeer. There will be more letdowns coming your way. I hope you will learn how to cope with them.

Suldan, serously was it not the policy of SL to reach and close colonial borders? That changed with the election of Sharif?

Oodweyne, your vp is letting you down adeer. There will be more letdowns coming your way. I hope you will learn how to cope with them.

Abu_Diaby- Al Zeylaci:

Actually, speculations started before he even boarded the airline. Yup, right when he entered the airport the rumour-mill started that he was going to board the FlySomaliweyn - an ex-ecommissioned Soviet air. smile.gif

All he had to do is wave and effortless walk into the Airbus 380 Way-Duushay Airways. :D

Xiin,

Good question. Closing borders was not a top priority at any time. What is still top priority and the VP also said it many times is that, the Somaliland authority will reach its borders.

There is a difference between closing down borders and taking SL's authority to the areas that it still hasn't reached.

I don't think the VP changed the later policy. Somaliland has to reach all its claimed lands with its borders but doesn't have to close borders. I hope I cleared that for you.

Abu_Diaby- Al Zeylaci:

Actually, speculations started before he even boarded the airline. Yup, right when he entered the airport the rumour-mill started that he was going to board the FlySomaliweyn - an ex-ecommissioned Soviet air. smile.gif

All he had to do is wave and effortless walk into the Airbus 380 Way-Duushay Airways. :D

Xiin,

Good question. Closing borders was not a top priority at any time. What is still top priority and the VP also said it many times is that, the Somaliland authority will reach its borders.

There is a difference between closing down borders and taking SL's authority to the areas that it still hasn't reached.

I don't think the VP changed the later policy. Somaliland has to reach all its claimed lands with its borders but doesn't have to close borders. I hope I cleared that for you.

Sooner or later, the truth will come out and when it is out wonder what SOL secessionists' excuse will be.

I just talked to a family member currently on visit in Hargeysa and he said that he was stunned by the amount of support for Somaliweynimo that ordinary people of Hargeysa showed.

Miyesan ogayn in dadka laqasbi karin!!

Sooner or later, the truth will come out and when it is out wonder what SOL secessionists' excuse will be.

I just talked to a family member currently on visit in Hargeysa and he said that he was stunned by the amount of support for Somaliweynimo that ordinary people of Hargeysa showed.

Miyesan ogayn in dadka laqasbi karin!!

Fabregas   

oodweyne, i'll let the other users be the judge of that. :D

This story is not as absurd as the constant proclamations of Somaliland independence being close every time a habar cad lands in Hargeysa or shakes riyales hand. WHat's the difference between the endless euphoria about Somaliland recongition being close when one world leader mentions SOmaliland and this story? I am sure that you do understand that vp gave the folks a ball to run with. Sameway, if western leaders mention the name SOmaliland, you and your friends run with the ball to claim Somaliland has reached a milestone and promotion from the conference to the football leauge is close at hand. :D

ps. When will wey duushay flight reach recongition land? How long will the pilots keep circling the world, looking for places to land, only to be rejected every time? :D

Fabregas   

oodweyne, i'll let the other users be the judge of that. :D

This story is not as absurd as the constant proclamations of Somaliland independence being close every time a habar cad lands in Hargeysa or shakes riyales hand. WHat's the difference between the endless euphoria about Somaliland recongition being close when one world leader mentions SOmaliland and this story? I am sure that you do understand that vp gave the folks a ball to run with. Sameway, if western leaders mention the name SOmaliland, you and your friends run with the ball to claim Somaliland has reached a milestone and promotion from the conference to the football leauge is close at hand. :D

ps. When will wey duushay flight reach recongition land? How long will the pilots keep circling the world, looking for places to land, only to be rejected every time? :D

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

Mujaahid Suldaanka, walee waa lagu hayaa maanta. :D

Whether this was a classic political faux pas or a Freudian slip indicative of deep subliminal doubts on the VP’s part, the political spectators outside of Somaliland are for the first time having a feast on that whole “Somaliland independence is fait accompli” argument.

You are in many ways the quintessential Somaliland ambassador and we expect nothing but the best lines of defense from you. :D

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

Mujaahid Suldaanka, walee waa lagu hayaa maanta. :D

Whether this was a classic political faux pas or a Freudian slip indicative of deep subliminal doubts on the VP’s part, the political spectators outside of Somaliland are for the first time having a feast on that whole “Somaliland independence is fait accompli” argument.

You are in many ways the quintessential Somaliland ambassador and we expect nothing but the best lines of defense from you. :D

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

quote:Originally posted by Suldaanka:

Mujaahid Suldaanka, walee waa lagu hayaa maanta.
:D

Whether this was a classic political faux pass or a Freudian slip indicative of subliminal thoughts on the VP’s part, the political spectators outside of Somaliland are for the first time having a feast on that whole
“Somaliland independence is fait accompli”
argument.

You are in many ways the quintessential Somaliland ambassador and we expect nothing but the best lines of defense from you.
:D:D

Noolaatay yididiladii naxashka saarnayd miyaa hadalku?

Awoowe, even if the VP clearly came out and outrightly says that Somaliland must join Sheekh Sherif's government. Constitutionally, he has to organise a Referendum for that take place.

Those political spectators need to put on their Okiyaale for once and really see to it that they are beating on a dead donkey.

I see this issue as having more of a relevance and effects within Somaliland than the outside world.

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

quote:Originally posted by Suldaanka:

Mujaahid Suldaanka, walee waa lagu hayaa maanta.
:D

Whether this was a classic political faux pass or a Freudian slip indicative of subliminal thoughts on the VP’s part, the political spectators outside of Somaliland are for the first time having a feast on that whole
“Somaliland independence is fait accompli”
argument.

You are in many ways the quintessential Somaliland ambassador and we expect nothing but the best lines of defense from you.
:D:D

Noolaatay yididiladii naxashka saarnayd miyaa hadalku?

Awoowe, even if the VP clearly came out and outrightly says that Somaliland must join Sheekh Sherif's government. Constitutionally, he has to organise a Referendum for that take place.

Those political spectators need to put on their Okiyaale for once and really see to it that they are beating on a dead donkey.

I see this issue as having more of a relevance and effects within Somaliland than the outside world.