Sign in to follow this  
QabiilDiid

BREAKING NEWS: Axmed Yuusuf Yaasiin: THE BREAKUP OF SOMALIA IS UNTENABLE..

NGONGE   

^^ Fair is fair, guru. There is no smoke without a fire. The timing of the comments from the VP was not very helpful. For a seasoned politician this, you'll have to admit, was a silly faux pas.

Still, any sane person will only view it as such and not find any 'deeper' meaning in such electioneering rhetoric.

Take it on the chin, guru, take it on the chin. :D

Oodweyne,

All the pre-campaign sabre-rattling has drawn a lot of interest to Somaliland's politics. And yea, it is good to see that Somaliland has a lot of followers for the good or bad.

Lets see how things turn out when the official campaigning kicks off within few weeks. That when xumaan iyo samaan Somaliland will bring all its dirty laundry for everyone to see. It will be another interesting time indeed. smile.gif

Oodweyne,

All the pre-campaign sabre-rattling has drawn a lot of interest to Somaliland's politics. And yea, it is good to see that Somaliland has a lot of followers for the good or bad.

Lets see how things turn out when the official campaigning kicks off within few weeks. That when xumaan iyo samaan Somaliland will bring all its dirty laundry for everyone to see. It will be another interesting time indeed. smile.gif

Oodwayne, that I seemed revelled in the sense of camaraderie offered by the VP's comments regarding Somali unity was not an attempt to “bad-mouth” Somaliland. Xaasha Awoowe! Nor is my general interest on the issue a dilettante enthusiasm as far as Somaliland’s internal politics is concerned. Aside from your witty attempt to box me in the dreary world of political ‘neutrality” (noted :D ), is there anything on my post that is to be regarded as indelicate in the normal sense Mujaahid?

PS: To those who didn't pay attention (NONGONE hates them), LST's support for Siilaanyo and Kulmiye goes back to 2003.. LST celebrated first, and was later disappointed when Riyaale did his magic. :D

Oodwayne, that I seemed revelled in the sense of camaraderie offered by the VP's comments regarding Somali unity was not an attempt to “bad-mouth” Somaliland. Xaasha Awoowe! Nor is my general interest on the issue a dilettante enthusiasm as far as Somaliland’s internal politics is concerned. Aside from your witty attempt to box me in the dreary world of political ‘neutrality” (noted :D ), is there anything on my post that is to be regarded as indelicate in the normal sense Mujaahid?

PS: To those who didn't pay attention (NONGONE hates them), LST's support for Siilaanyo and Kulmiye goes back to 2003.. LST celebrated first, and was later disappointed when Riyaale did his magic. :D

Paragon   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

Mr. Ngonge

That I am wiling to do so (i.e.,
taking the micky part
); particularly if only such a meagre fare on their part would ever amount to something that could bring
their hope of seeing the destruction of Somaliland
, as they wishes on a daily basis....
:D

But, I guess, as they say, every man has his own version of what he is only equal to or could only hope so.

Hence, theirs is to hope a
"mispoken pronouncement"
by one single politician can bring the
"doom-and-gloom"
of Somaliland ever more closer, to their satisfaction.

And mine, and those of us who are Somalilanders, are essentially to laugh that sense of desperate hope of theirs, which is that waiting for that
"godly miracles"
on their behalf.

And, therefore, that I guess, is what you will call (
in your uncynical mode
): fair is fair, indeed...

Regards,

Oodweyne.

Two thoughts, or two wishes diverge in their nature. It's only expectable that other Somalis would with banter entertain the wish of re-instituting Somaliland into Somalia, but it's altogether unexpected, and most importantly unacceptable, for any Somali to entertain a wish that prays for Somaliland's destruction.

That someone would want Somaliland's destruction is I think partly warranted by the dichotomous and embittered reasoning you publish herein :D .

Paragon   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

Mr. Ngonge

That I am wiling to do so (i.e.,
taking the micky part
); particularly if only such a meagre fare on their part would ever amount to something that could bring
their hope of seeing the destruction of Somaliland
, as they wishes on a daily basis....

But, I guess, as they say, every man has his own version of what he is only equal to or could only hope so.

Hence, theirs is to hope a
"mispoken pronouncement"
by one single politician can bring the
"doom-and-gloom"
of Somaliland ever more closer, to their satisfaction.

And mine, and those of us who are Somalilanders, are essentially to laugh that sense of desperate hope of theirs, which is that waiting for that
"godly miracles"
on their behalf.

And, therefore, that I guess, is what you will call (
in your uncynical mode
): fair is fair, indeed...

Regards,

Oodweyne.

Two thoughts, or two wishes diverge in their nature. It's only expectable that other Somalis would with banter entertain the wish of re-instituting Somaliland into Somalia, but it's altogether unexpected, and most importantly unacceptable, for any Somali to entertain a wish that prays for Somaliland's destruction.

That someone would want Somaliland's destruction is I think partly warranted by the dichotomous and embittered reasoning you publish herein :D .

Gabbal   

Two interesting things from the Vice-President's speech.

He believes that;

1. Somaliland will never "secede" from Somalia.

2. Borders will never be demarcated between Somalia and Somalia and that such a thing will never affect the natural relationship between the two lands.

By these two points the Vice President has admitted the sheer inability of the Somaliland idea to progress beyond its stagnant position. Remarkable admission. In all fairness, just because of the sheer weight of the admission, this is not something I could have ever predicted would be voiced by a high Somaliland official (let alone the vice-president) especially in such an early time, that is to say before actual negotiations have begun between the said territory and the government of Somalia.

Gabbal   

Two interesting things from the Vice-President's speech.

He believes that;

1. Somaliland will never "secede" from Somalia.

2. Borders will never be demarcated between Somalia and Somalia and that such a thing will never affect the natural relationship between the two lands.

By these two points the Vice President has admitted the sheer inability of the Somaliland idea to progress beyond its stagnant position. Remarkable admission. In all fairness, just because of the sheer weight of the admission, this is not something I could have ever predicted would be voiced by a high Somaliland official (let alone the vice-president) especially in such an early time, that is to say before actual negotiations have begun between the said territory and the government of Somalia.