Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

Region 5 shrinking by the day

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Jumatatu, keep chassing Smith and Nationalist, I am not intrested your opinion.

Ehem..! Am not giving you my opinion. Am just opposed to your distortion of facts. Or are you used to been applauded even if you are wrong.? I wonder indeed..!

Nationalist:

if Siad Barre ruled with justice, SSDF and SNM and the respective Pland and Sland would have never had to stoop so low to coöperate with Ethiopia.

Am not justifying it sxb, but give credit to the old deceased man where credit is due.

The SYL under leadership of former president Marhum Abdirashid Ali Shermarke spearheaded Somali-Weynism

Does the name Abdullahi Isse ring a bell?

I don't think Abdullahi Isse was in the position to spearhead Pan-Somalism during Italian UN Mandate in the late 50s.

I don't think Abdullahi Isse was in the position to spearhead Pan-Somalism during Italian UN Mandate in the late 50s.

One thing that we all have to realise is victors always write history. However, victors come in many forms and shapes. In this case, for instance, the Somali history of that period during and after the war is what the government of Siyad Baree wrote. Therefore, we all have to examine that part of our history with critical eye.

Nationalist, every one knows Abdul Rasheed , the great Somali president, and what he stood for. But I don’t think OG Girl meant that far back in history. That part of our history is well written and documented at the time by various authors unlike the latter part of it when we are under the rule of military dictator.

Is amazing how great we once were or told we were and what we are reduced to today! Examples of this look no further than our so-called leaders of today. These leaders are running after Ethiopia be in Puntland or Somaliland while Ethiopia are humiliating our fellow brothers and sisters in Oggaden, our leaders are serving them.

What a shame.

One thing that we all have to realise is victors always write history. However, victors come in many forms and shapes. In this case, for instance, the Somali history of that period during and after the war is what the government of Siyad Baree wrote. Therefore, we all have to examine that part of our history with critical eye.

Nationalist, every one knows Abdul Rasheed , the great Somali president, and what he stood for. But I don’t think OG Girl meant that far back in history. That part of our history is well written and documented at the time by various authors unlike the latter part of it when we are under the rule of military dictator.

Is amazing how great we once were or told we were and what we are reduced to today! Examples of this look no further than our so-called leaders of today. These leaders are running after Ethiopia be in Puntland or Somaliland while Ethiopia are humiliating our fellow brothers and sisters in Oggaden, our leaders are serving them.

What a shame.

What a shame.

Gediid   

Originally posted by Nationalist:

quote: Does the name Abdullahi Isse ring a bell?

Actually Abdillahi Isse and another young ideologue by the name of Mohammed Haji Ibrahim Egal were the primary architects of Pan Somalism but like all Somali history it has been twisted and turned to suit certain individuals.

Gediid   

Actually Abdillahi Isse and another young ideologue by the name of Mohammed Haji Ibrahim Egal were the primary architects of Pan Somalism but like all Somali history it has been twisted and turned to suit certain individuals.

Gediid   

First the designer of the flag is a Northerner and now Muhammad Ibrahim Egal is one of the primary architects of Pan Somalism?

Egal government

A more important difference between Shermaarke and Igaal, other than their past affiliations, was the new prime minister's moderate position on pan-Somali issues and his desire for improved relations with other African countries. In these areas, he was allied with the "modernists" in the government, parliament, and administration who favored redirecting the nation's energies from confrontation with its neighbors to combating social and economic ills. Although many of his domestic policies seemed more in line with those of the previous administration, Igaal continued to hold the confidence of both Shermaarke and the National Assembly during the eighteen months preceding the March 1969 national elections.

Gedid, beenfaafinta naga dhaaf.

First the designer of the flag is a Northerner and now Muhammad Ibrahim Egal is one of the primary architects of Pan Somalism?

Egal government

A more important difference between Shermaarke and Igaal, other than their past affiliations, was the new prime minister's moderate position on pan-Somali issues and his desire for improved relations with other African countries. In these areas, he was allied with the "modernists" in the government, parliament, and administration who favored redirecting the nation's energies from confrontation with its neighbors to combating social and economic ills. Although many of his domestic policies seemed more in line with those of the previous administration, Igaal continued to hold the confidence of both Shermaarke and the National Assembly during the eighteen months preceding the March 1969 national elections.

Gedid, beenfaafinta naga dhaaf.