Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The story of Dhahir and Abdullahi

NGONGE   

Dhahir, a Somaliland mujahid, is sitting on the floor and eating a few dates. He’s finished another day fasting and is getting ready for a new raid on the enemy forces. He stops eating his dates and makes a silent prayer. He’s beseeching GOD for assistance in defeating the bandits trying to deprive him of his freedom! He remembers the words of the people of his village, remembers the atrocities committed by the wicked forces of the dictatorial regime of the former Somali republic. Remembers often hearing his father, uncles and various strangers talking about those dark days. He remembers his own oath; the one where he swore never to let such things happen to him or his people ever again.

Dhahir is illiterate, ignorant and kind-hearted. Dhahir believes in the sovereignty of Somaliland. He believes in its constitution even though he doesn’t know what it means. He’s an UDUB party supporter despite not knowing what their policies entail. Dhahir is a devout Muslim who fasts during Ramadan and prays everyday. Dhahir is a brave fighter and a principled young man. He’s proud of his tribal lineage, his people’s greatness and their absolute righteousness. Dhahir is an honours graduate from the University of “Waxa La Yidhiâ€.

Another graduate from the aforementioned university is Abdullahi. He’s the same age as Dhahir. He has the same qualities and beliefs as Dhahir (apart from the Somaliland bit of course). Abdullahi is also a devout Muslim, he’s also sitting down to break his fast. After eating a few of his dates, he also made a silent prayer asking for GOD’s assistance in defeating the renegade tribe. Abdullahi, like Dhahir, is planning to kill as many enemy fighters as possible. He knows he’s in the right (like Dhahir) and knows that those in the right always prevail.

Neither Dhahir nor Abdullahi are ever going to amount to anything in life. They’re unlikely to make it to the posts of president, president’s secretary or even cleaner. The most that either would hope for is a ticket out of Somalia into the lands of milk and honey. They both know that’s very unlikely. This is their chance to become heroes!

In just a few hours, both heroes might die. The conflict will stay as it is, the lands will still be disputed and the leaders of each side will exploit even more ignorant and kind-hearted kids like Dhahir and Abdullahi into giving up their lives for a barn piece of land!

I feel sorry for Dhahir. I feel sorry for Abdullahi. Things could have been different for both. They could have found a ticket out of Somalia. One might have made it to Oslo while the other might go to Brussels!

Instead of sitting under a dead tree in some arid land hundreds of miles away, they probably would have been on this site, posting photos of ignorant, illiterate, dead Somali “mujahids†and wishing they were right there with them.

:(

Pacifist   

Touchy story Raami

This is the reality of our youth back home. It is the month of Ramadan please make dua for all of those who has suffered. May our country be in peace.Amin Damn walahi we are so lucky -- we are all thinking about this and that simply life in the qorbo.. and our peers back home are thinking if they will see if tomorrow comes..

A youth in somali will not know his ABC's but can definately tell you each and every part of an AK 47.....

I wish I wish I wish...................... :mad:

Pacifist   

Touchy story Raami

This is the reality of our youth back home. It is the month of Ramadan please make dua for all of those who has suffered. May our country be in peace.Amin Damn walahi we are so lucky -- we are all thinking about this and that simply life in the qorbo.. and our peers back home are thinking if they will see if tomorrow comes..

A youth in somali will not know his ABC's but can definately tell you each and every part of an AK 47.....

Pacifist   

Touchy story Raami

BN   
This definitely serves as a good reminder to those of us in the west. Thanks for the article.

BN   
This definitely serves as a good reminder to those of us in the west. Thanks for the article.

BN   

Blessed   

....have mercy ya rab, they just don't know.

At least they have a conceivable excuse; what is the case for those of about us who are lucky enough to have escaped that ordeal; yet continue to support and feed the fued of our helpless youth?!

Read our forum folks and tell me; What do we gain out of being Daahir and Abdullahi's propoganda ploys?

Blessed   

At least they have a conceivable excuse; what is the case for those of about us who are lucky enough to have escaped that ordeal; yet continue to support and feed the fued of our helpless youth?!

Read our forum folks and tell me; What do we gain out of being Daahir and Abdullahi's propoganda ploys?

Blessed   

Matkey   

Animals are the only species which cannot be held accountable for their actions, good or bad. Being ignorant of the rational behind taking the life of another human being will never exempt us from being accountable. Accountability is something that is inherent in human species; thus, there is reward for ramification of every action we take. One needs not to enroll institute f0 higher learning in the hope that one develops conscience (knowing deep in one’s heart that harming and killing another human being are affronts to human dignity). If we are to blame the actions of both men on their lack of conscience, then one would make the argument that all the other men and women, who engaged similar activities, are exonerated f their conduct

Now, one must note that the implication is not that both men are wrong, or one of them is claiming the fight is just cause, though it could be one of them. It is the moral of the story which contradicts human essence—the right to preserve and protect one’ existence. I don’t see the reason why one fails to understand this simple concept. What astonished me is that they both practice the religion and make supplication to Allah whilst the same religion they are practicing warns them not to transgress the rules given by Allah. Who are they fighting against? :(

May Allah remove the hatred from their hearts and bring peace b/n all Muslims.

Matkey   

Animals are the only species which cannot be held accountable for their actions, good or bad. Being ignorant of the rational behind taking the life of another human being will never exempt us from being accountable. Accountability is something that is inherent in human species; thus, there is reward for ramification of every action we take. One needs not to enroll institute f0 higher learning in the hope that one develops conscience (knowing deep in one’s heart that harming and killing another human being are affronts to human dignity). If we are to blame the actions of both men on their lack of conscience, then one would make the argument that all the other men and women, who engaged similar activities, are exonerated f their conduct

Now, one must note that the implication is not that both men are wrong, or one of them is claiming the fight is just cause, though it could be one of them. It is the moral of the story which contradicts human essence—the right to preserve and protect one’ existence. I don’t see the reason why one fails to understand this simple concept. What astonished me is that they both practice the religion and make supplication to Allah whilst the same religion they are practicing warns them not to transgress the rules given by Allah. Who are they fighting against? :(

Matkey