Sign in to follow this  
Zakina

Touchy subject.....

Cawralo   

But I was seething with rage. I wanted to insult them and smack them with my shoes...God, I feel enraged just remembering it. :mad:

So,
Zakina
, I know how you feel. [/QB]

You should have! :mad: But you know what they say "naagi waa naas".."naagi waa ninkeed" in other words "naagi waa NOTHING".

Originally posted by Cawralo:

Sometimes I wish duqooshinka soomaalida would give their xaajiyaals a dose of their very own medicine..and import a dude ..from Gambi or something.

LOL. what a sight this will be. Zakina people always say this in a jokingly manner so no need for to take so seriously unless they sly or somethings like this. n'mean if they nosy you nosy too. it take 2 individual ok abaayo. sometime I avoid topic like this for intensity. it too touchy sax, agreed upon.

Zakina   

didi kong, well you're not making much sense.

If you don't feel offended when someone offends your mother then you've got a problem :rolleyes: .

^My mom is not the one who got offended its yours who did and to your face 2. Save your feistiness for those who deserved it. ok?

Janna   

Zakina

What the old fool said was indeed no laughing matter. You did well to refrain from lowering yourself at his level. Somali men marrying more than one woman has become a common practice. Are they all financially secure to provide for more than one woman? I will let everyone decide for yourselves. But I personally believe they are not. Most married Somali women are on the dole, claiming to be single parent. It’s a sad situation. I don't believe all Somali men are jerks or losers. There is good and bad in all ethnicities. Why should men be denied of their Islamic rights? However women are not forced to accept their husband’s willingness to marry another. Men have tenderness to explore, allowing them to explore in a halal manner. If your future husband wishes to marry another allow him if not simply ask for a divorce without turning the situation into a soap opera.

I personally am not against polygamy but would not consider marrying a man who wishes to have more than one spouse. Nor do I speak ill of what the deen allows.

Xoogsade   

Socod-Badne, ra'yigaaga dhiibo nooh adigoo islaamka afka la gelin mar walbo.

Stop engaging in deceptive hortatory appeals designed to incite people to question islam when the obvious screw-ups lie with the person abusing it or when they do what they do because they want to do it.

Not a nice way to get back at islam if you disagree with it. Just leave it alone would you?

Zakina

The old man you spoke of lacked manners for saying that to your mother. That is just creating problem betwen wife and husband.

PS: Nin kale guurso aan soomaali eheen, perhaps that should take care of your worries :D

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

God said in the Quran we can marry up to 4 wives.
Period.

That's your problem right there, a line in the Holy Quran or hadiths, and bam, you've got your edicts. Never mind the considerations, the cross-referencing with other texts, the conditions and examples of the Prophet (pbuh) and his companions. If only those quabbling esteemed Muslim scholars could see things as black and white as you do, because after all, any uninformed id*ot could pick any random verse to gain perfect understanding of an entire religion. :rolleyes:

-Lily-   

First and foremost it's always convenient that men forget when Allah recomends one.

Getting back to the topic, it's common that other men edge happlily married men on to start something. They always tease my dad because he is still married to one lady. It's disgusting, now they have the excuse that his children have grown up and he is free. I'm sure teenagers need their dad the most. Besides that, now is the time he should be relaxing with his Misses and getting weekly visits by grandkids not running after new children of his own. It's strange that there arent many Somali familes who are still married in old age. Luckily for us we don't have to say anything, my mum has an excellent way of making people want to eat their words.

It's very bad taste when someone tries to plant problems for happily married people :mad:

RedSea   

Salamu Calaykum,

Pardon the interuption but do you officially hate ALL Somali guys just based on some comments that was uttered by some Somali individual? I doubt there is any truth to that, and I don't think anyone can hate all guys. I personally wouldn't dare to make such comments as he did. So come on sis. Ha iskaaya wada raacin dee, wa ku sidee inadeer. :cool:

Anigu gabdhaha Somaliyeed waan jeclahay badintood,intii wanaagsan. Intii xuna waan iska dhafaa magaratay. They are mostly on the good side though.

Guhaad   

Zakina you started asking about the % of somali men that have/will have more than one wife. well, we can't accurately find that since there are no actual census (If we ever did, it should be way-and-beyond 50%, i can put some riyaals on that bet smile.gif ). I haven't quite literally met anyone whose father is back home who is not only sending money to their father without considering his wives, and their chilren.

though Islam might be used to justify in exectuing such a plan (knowing in many cases the men has not the means to care for a second wife), there are cultural issues that are more important when it comes to having multiple partners, which is to have more kids than your neighbor (qabiil). if that competition was absent, life could have been different.

In the Western world, where everything must be explained, tested, simplified, classified, etc the reasons why so many children are important is not even for security, but to them, merely a health issue; since many will die of disease, malnutrition, neglect, violence (treasures blessed with our continent), few will be saved at the end to be an actual help. the means justify the end.

i feel your pain zakina! i was in the same boat once in my life!

i was once forced to take out a xalimo by mother! i tellya, i was a zombie in the date! just cuz i was clueless!! lool.. all i was thinking about was when will i drop her at her house!! next time i see her, i will definitely apologize to her deeply! i was a fool no doubt!

i never thought i could ever had anything common with a xalimoo! but magic does happen in live!!

baam!

then a faraax asked to do him a favor n do a dd(double date)! i tellya, he lost but that nite, i hit a home run! not the american way! but at least, she got bissed about me!! but hey! i dont give up that easily! at least, she was talking to me! she was cuzzing me out since i hit her with joke!! never say a joke to a xalimoo she dont understand!! loooooool!> break it down homie!!

i called her couple nites later! n the rest is history!! it was my emancipation of rudy!! in week, we were xaawa and adan!! u feel me!!

until today! xalimo is my # option! how can i forget their clean body, their tasty food and their true camaraderie!! nothing compares!! peace

zakina, never say never! a wise 1 discovers all options n takes the most suitable!!

:eek: :D:D

Originally posted by Zakina:

Socod_badne, yes u may marry whomever you want. But who wants to marry you really? The same person that has an avatar of a man showing off his behind.

Yes you sure seem mature and like a real man.

In-freaking-effable!

I go out of my way to comport my self in both speach and manner hoping for reciprocity. What do I get in return? Prepubescent girls questioning my worth! Absolutely appalled!

Sorry for derailing your topic, I'm officially out now.