Sign in to follow this  
Zakina

Touchy subject.....

Som@li   

first, may i ask,why do you wanna know?,u candidate for second? ;)

Generally marrying second wife was not that popular in OLD Somalia, and was mainly isolated for Dumaal etc.

But for the last decade or so, the trend is becomin common.

But WHY would some1 go 4 second, third, etc? the are many know factors which are contributed for this,like, Ego, that you are better than others if you have more wealth,( thinkin a second wife as extra asset). and some unhappy marriege!

one should make his first marriege success before going for second which is permitted in ISlam.

Zakina   

well no real reason for asking...

except I just hate somali men...I know I'm not supposed to but I do

Me and my mon was out and about today and we met an older man that was a friend of the family. He laughingly said to my mother that she better be on the watch since my father had been in somalia for quite a while. Then he looked at me and and laughed, making some comment on that just because some other guy that our family knows had done it that my father very well could do it also..And that if my father would do it it would make it easier on the rest of us(somali men living where we live) :rolleyes: ...

Now, I am not a baby and I am not crying over my father leaving us(but insha'ALLAH that wont happen though). But what a complete jerk...I officially hate somali men. Was that really a laughing matter? And we all know that if someone was to marry you mister it would only be for cash!!

Mever in my life have iI had the intention to marry a somali ,but that for other reasons than this. Where I live they are useless, funny looking, funny dressed and drug addicts. And THEY are the one's wanting another spouse...GOD save us all

Originally posted by Zakina:

Now, I am not a baby and I am not crying over my father leaving us(but insha'ALLAH that wont happen though). But what a complete jerk...I officially hate somali men. Was that really a laughing matter? And we all know that if someone was to marry you mister it would only be for cash!!

No young one, you're not a baby only expressing genuine concern over your father possibly leaving for another woman. But young one, you got it all wrong, bent out of shape, inside out, upside down and sideways... polygamy is religiously ordained for Muslim men. Somalis are muslims in case you're unaware. It's delineated in the Quran by Allah. So if you have issues with multiple wives, take it up with Allah not poor somali men. Who are only doing it was religiously permissible. Marrying upwards of 4 wives is rite of passage for every Somali man and speaking as a non-somali somali, it's 1 of the few good things about being somali.

Mever in my life have iI had the intention to marry a somali

Me too!

Cawralo   

Socod Badne...oh no you didn't just take it there! War heedhe i maqal, what has the Quran to do with the fact that some somali men thin it's perfectly OK to run of and marry whom ever they wish, without even informing the first wife? The sahabas married widdows and older women, if you would compare it with todays situation, it would be like marrying a 50 year old with agoon children. There's no comparison :mad: :mad:

Zakina hayati, there nothing somali about that behaviour, it's immoral, regardless of who you ask. Never the less .. it's common behaviour now days :rolleyes: *sigh*. Sometimes I wish duqooshinka soomaalida would give their xaajiyaals a dose of their very own medicine..and import a dude ..from Gambi or something. The look on their faces..ooh, priceless :D Tell hooyo to stay stron, and that you got her back! Reminds you of why paradise is supposedly beneath the feet of the mother huuh.

Zakina   

well Homer,

I am very well aware of the religious right and I am a believing muslimah, and am in no way questioning that. Don't get all defensive...marry whomever you want I was merely saying that some somali men are jerks....that it was not a laughing matter.

Is that normal behavious, telling someone while laughing watch out your husband might marry someone else?

Thats very insensitive...am I wrong for thinking that?

Now that has be very offensive to say even in the deen.

ALLAH made it permissible and permissible it shall therefore be.

Waa wada sidaa...wey afdheeryihiin without an iota of tact. A good few years ago, I attended a Somali conference with my father and he met some men he knew there.

The first thing they asked was "War wiil ma kuu dhashay mise islaantii baad weli ag fadhidaa? Maad mid kale guursatid Ilaahay baa ku leh e".

I was gobsmacked...my mouth was hanging open in shock. They were insulting my mum (and us) with both of us standing there! My father made a sardonic comment and walked away. But I was seething with rage. I wanted to insult them and smack them with my shoes...God, I feel enraged just remembering it. :mad:

So, Zakina, I know how you feel.

Zakina   

And also my mother is Beautiful with a capital B, so suiters would be lined up (not that they will ever get divorced).

And we all know that the somali men really haven't been blessed with good looks lol.

And I agree with cawraleh...ok it might be a right...but it's also a big burden. Take the Prophets (sas) example and stop following your lust.

Zakina   

I feel you valenteenah lol,

I wanted to take off my shoes as well....

and he was saying it with a smerk on his face. urgh!

Originally posted by Cawralo:

Socod Badne...oh no you didn't just take it there! War heedhe i maqal, what has the Quran to do with the fact that some somali men thin it's perfectly OK to run of and marry whom ever they wish, without even informing the first wife? The sahabas married widdows and older women, if you would compare it with todays situation, it would be like marrying a 50 year old with agoon children. There's no comparison :mad:

Take it down a notch before you blow a gasket! Clearly you're wallowing in material way over your head.

First, elegant wordsmanship won't help you wriggle out of the Catch-22 you're in. You bear allegiance to Islam and yet object to one of it's edicts? My sympathy you have but not my concordance. Unless you admit to being Procrustean, you can't slice and dice what you disagree with into small pieces till they appeal to your fancy. God said in the Quran we can marry up to 4 wives. Period.

Some men, of which I am one, hold having 4 wives to be raison d’etre of life. Nothing wrong with that, in fact we love it very much. You don't , tough luck!

Zakina   

Socod_badne, yes u may marry whomever you want. But who wants to marry you really? The same person that has an avatar of a man showing off his behind.

Yes you sure seem mature and like a real man.

And stop hijacking my thread lol, why are you in the WOMEN's section anyway?

Cawralo   

Socod_Badne, walee ma saas baa? You should be cloned a trillion times, cuz it's evident, ur Gods gift to womankind smile.gif

In my opinion (and many others) there's no coincidence that verse 4:3 was revealed after the battle of Uhud..I mean 4:129 clearly states that it's not men are never able to be fair (just ask any "co-wife").

And also (simple mathematics) if every man takes advantage of his "raison d’etre" ( :rolleyes: ) how many more women than men must there be :confused: :confused: