Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Archives; Hiiraale already agreed to rule Kismaayo by Sharia Law on May 14, 2004.

N.O.R.F   

It also strengthens the unlawful conquering of the peaceful Kismayoo. Another blow to those who perceived the takeover as a liberation act.

At the time of the 'unlawful conquering' wasnt there talk of AU troops coming to Somalia? The ICU took over Kismayo based on securing that part of the country from perceived on coming AU troops.

A case of the greater good me thinks.

Gabbal   

^There goes the ignorance. At least if your understanding of the subject is limited, is it not wise to continue observing?

Muraad-

I guarantee you Barre will be back. ;)

Gabbal   

^There goes the ignorance. At least if your understanding of the subject is limited, is it not wise to continue observing?

Muraad-

Gabbal   

Muraad-

I think the main reason why the JVA collapsed was the fact that Col. Hiiraale was pushing for the idea of Jubbaland. This idea was one which was divisive in nature, in that it sidelined some important members of the JVA, and at the same time Hiiraale recieved nods of approval from the TFG leader.

It is important to underscore that the rift between the JVA itself was something of a local to the Kismaio politics. The ICU's involvement was not aimed at Hiiraale himself but was aimed at the broader enemy which was Ethiopia and the TFG who both were eying for Kismaio as a possible stop-over.

So in essense, the ouster of Hiiraale was more to do with the internal rivalry and political wrangling between leaders of the now defunct JVA.

I think the main reason why the JVA collapsed was the fact that Col. Hiiraale was pushing for the idea of Jubbaland. This idea was one which was divisive in nature, in that it sidelined some important members of the JVA, and at the same time Hiiraale recieved nods of approval from the TFG leader.

It is important to underscore that the rift between the JVA itself was something of a local to the Kismaio politics. The ICU's involvement was not aimed at Hiiraale himself but was aimed at the broader enemy which was Ethiopia and the TFG who both were eying for Kismaio as a possible stop-over.

So in essense, the ouster of Hiiraale was more to do with the internal rivalry and political wrangling between leaders of the now defunct JVA.

Haashim   

Muraad-

I guarantee you Barre will be back.

back to where? to Mogadishu? to Buulo Xaawo? to Cabud waaq? to Buur dhuubo? to Ohio? ;)

Oh I forgot to ask HA, is it true that one of the land-crusiers that the rain baised aginst them near Bu'ale was found full of money around $250,000 they said. is it true?

Haashim   

Muraad-

back to where? to Mogadishu? to Buulo Xaawo? to Cabud waaq? to Buur dhuubo? to Ohio? ;)

Oh I forgot to ask HA, is it true that one of the land-crusiers that the rain baised aginst them near Bu'ale was found full of money around $250,000 they said. is it true?

Haashim   

Muraad-