Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Somali regional leader escapes assassination attempt

Gabbal   

Fri. May 06, 2005 07:32 am.

Armed men stormed the residence of Mr. Barre Adan Shire who controls most southern part of the country including Somalia’s third largest city, Kismayo. Mr. Shire, a former army colonel was in the house when attacked. One bodyguard and one of the assailants were wounded in the shootout.

The motive is not yet clear but Kismayo residents say the leader has doubled his enemies when he publicly supported the new Somali government. There’s also minor power struggle in his armed faction, Jubba Valley Alliance (JVA).

Some unconfirmed reports say the attackers left the city.

This coastal city has been peaceful with some occasional murders since it fell into JVA’s hands six years ago. Mr. Shire successfully kept JVA intact and Kismayo under their control for so long while other southern cities are either divided among rival groups or change hands frequently.

Another close call happened when the prime minister was addressing the public in Mogadishu’s soccer stadium earlier this week. An explosion killed nine people and wounded many more during the prime minister’s speech. He was unhurt too.

HORN -

You don't believe it happened, do you? I'm kinda skeptical myself. The reasoning doesn't make any sense. Both Hiiraale & Yusuf Seeraar are part of the TFG - so why would they not welcome the PM? Doesn't make sense. I agree with this guy:

Originally posted by Somali_Patriot:

:D
Isn't it funny that only puntland sites reported this "atack."

The puntland propaganda is going to all time low this year.

FOR CONTEXT (via SomaliTalk.com):

Kismaayo May 5: Weerarkaan maanta lagu soo qaaday guriga Barre Hiiraale ayaa waxaa ka dabeeya sida saxaafada loo xaqiijiyay maleeshiyooyin ku hubaysanaa gaari tikniko ah oo uu leeyahay sida lasheegay Cabdi Qaasim Salad Xasan madaxwaynahii hore ee dowaldii KMG aheyd oo dhawaan ka yimid magaalada muqdisho islamarkaana aan la garanayen sababta uu u yimid magaalada kismaayo.

READ MORE @: http://www.somalitalk.com/2005/may/5may105.html

HORN -

You don't believe it happened, do you? I'm kinda skeptical myself. The reasoning doesn't make any sense. Both Hiiraale & Yusuf Seeraar are part of the TFG - so why would they not welcome the PM? Doesn't make sense. I agree with this guy:

Kismaayo May 5: Weerarkaan maanta lagu soo qaaday guriga Barre Hiiraale ayaa waxaa ka dabeeya sida saxaafada loo xaqiijiyay maleeshiyooyin ku hubaysanaa gaari tikniko ah oo uu leeyahay sida lasheegay Cabdi Qaasim Salad Xasan madaxwaynahii hore ee dowaldii KMG aheyd oo dhawaan ka yimid magaalada muqdisho islamarkaana aan la garanayen sababta uu u yimid magaalada kismaayo.

HORN -

READ MORE @:

Quite pityful. Lakiin I wonder why the puntland sites have been reporting BS lately, I just found out why. smile.gif See the puntland government and people have been attacking the reporters from that region when the news they write isn't in favor of the puntland people (or as I call them the SSDF-MAHBERS) :D

READ MORE @ http://www.hiiraan.org/2005/may/somali_news05_3.htm

READ MORE @:

Quite pityful. Lakiin I wonder why the puntland sites have been reporting BS lately, I just found out why. smile.gif See the puntland government and people have been attacking the reporters from that region when the news they write isn't in favor of the puntland people (or as I call them the SSDF-MAHBERS) :D

READ MORE @: