Sign in to follow this  
BN

Photos: Rains in Dhahar, Sanaag

BN   

This area of Puntland was one of the hardest hit by the recent drought and these rains are a welcome relief. InshaAllah, those that have lost homes and livestock will receive assistance and recover.

Amiin.

Baliga%20biyo%20qabadka%20Deg%20Dhahar.j

Baliga biyo qabadka Degmada Dhahar

Dariga%20oo%20ay%20xoolihii%20daaqayaan.

Dariga oo ay xoolihii daaqayaan

Quruxda%20Deriga%20dooxada%20Dhahar.jpg

Quruxda Deriga dooxada Dhahar

Quruxda%20Dooxada%20Degmada%20Dhahar.jpg

Quruxda Dooxada Degmada Dhahar

Maamulka%20Degmada%20Dhahar%20iyo%20Maam

Maamulka Degmada Dhahar iyo Maamule kuxigeenka Imaamu Nawawi xubin ka tirsan PSA Net oo kulan ku qaadanaya Geed Hoostii

Midig%20Maamule%20kuxigeenka%20Iskoolka%

Midig Maamule kuxigeenka Iskoolka Imaamu Nawawi iyo Mas,uul ka socda Ururka PSA Network

Dugsiga%20Hoose%20Dhexe%20ee%20Degmaa%20

Dugsiga Hoose Dhexe ee Degmada Dhahar

Xarunta%20Internetka%20ee%20Dhahar.jpg

Xarunta Internetka ee Dhahar

BN   

Xarunta%20Shirka%20Isgaarsiinta%20Golis%

Xarunta Shirka Isgaarsiinta Golis ee Dhahar

Damage Done

Roobabkii%20oo%20Gooyay%20waooyinka.jpg

Roobabkii oo Gooyay wadooyinka

Barkaaha%20Xoolaha%20ay%20ka%20cabaan%20

Barkaaha Xoolaha ay ka cabaan oo roobabkii ay jabiyeen

Ceelka%20Degmada%20Dhahar%20oo%20Jaban.j

Ceelka Degmada Dhahar oo Jaban

Dadkii%20Xoolaha%20ka%20dhamaadeen%20Gur

Dadkii Xoolaha ka dhamaadeen Guryaha ay daganyihiin

NASSIR   
These last pictures appear to be very bleak after the damage of the rain. Importantly enough, the regional administration of Puntland should/should have set up 'Natural Disaster Prevention Bill' that could be used in such extreme floods and to assist the victims of the draught.

Muhammad   

Masha'Allah

I love the city of Dhahar, it is one of my favorite cities. It was in this city that I rode my first horse! Dhahar has some of the finest horses in all of Somalia!

Nabad, Roob iyo Caano baan u rajaynayaa Dhahar, Sanaag, Sool iyo dhamaan Somalia! Insha'Allah!

Thanks brother Bari for sharing!!

I agree with Nassir. There should be lessons learned from this drought as well as the rain floods for the Pland government.

Las Qoray, wich is just a few miles from Bosaso is totally isolated due to the floods. And this is the case everywhere in Pland from Dhahar to Galkayo. Isn't Dhahar the town close to Qardho a few miles from the Garowe-Bosaso road?

Thanks for the pictures Bari Nomad.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Nationalist:

I agree with Nassir. There should be lessons learned from this drought as well as the rain floods for the Pland government.

Las Qoray, wich is just a few miles from Bosaso is totally isolated due to the floods. And this is the case everywhere in Pland from Dhahar to Galkayo. Isn't Dhahar the town close to Qardho a few miles from the Garowe-Bosaso road?

Thanks for the pictures Bari Nomad.

Nationalist, Yes, I heard from BBC, the city stranded from the rest of Puntland due to the torrent of rain that flooded the whole and vicinities. We are not indeed advanced to implement such programs or bills, but surely non-profit organizations can be established for immediate responses to natural disasters.

gl2.jpg

Dhahar

Nassir, that's not Dhahar but Galgale. And an ugly picture I must say. What on earth did they do with it?

Bari Nomad, you can be proud of your name. I received some photos from a place called Tur Masale, just a few weeks old and after the raining period, between Qandala and Iskushuban in a valley sandwiched between the Golis mountain ranges of Bari. They say that Tur Masale is the first place to see rain in Pland, the rest followed. While northern Bari was the least suffering area in Pland from the drought. Some people are so lucky, it should be dealt with as a crime. But that's probably typical Somali talk eyh?

One thing I can tell you is the misguided perception of people whom have never seen north east Somalia, that Pland is Sahara junior is just as phony as the perceptions that Sland is a free, democratic state or that Mogadishu is the economic walhalla of east Africa.

That's why I am vehemently against Planders returning to the south. We have a whole land untouched.

2a-pl4.jpg

the acacias

96-pl2.jpg

the beautiful valley

3b-pl5.jpg

Threatening desertification

d1-pl6.jpg

Meeladeen Hills

I will post photos of Eyl [Nugal], but an uncle of mine still needs to send those to me.

BN   

Originally posted by Nationalist:

Isn't Dhahar the town close to Qardho a few miles from the Garowe-Bosaso road?

Yes, its located in SE Sanaag. Here is a map. And I agree there should be more done by the local authorities and NGO's concerning the plight of those suffering the affects of the recent floods. I hope the recent visit by the UN Emergency Relief Coordinator Jan Egeland will be of some good. And nice photos.

One thing I can tell you is the misguided perception of people whom have never seen north east Somalia, that Pland is Sahara junior is just as phony as the perceptions that Sland is a free, democratic state or that Mogadishu is the economic walhalla of east Africa.

:D

Muad,

I remember visiting relatives in Dhahar when I was very young; I always was interested in this city and it's history. And yes, they do have some of the best horses as well. :D

ORGILAQE,

I hope you can post those photos of Budunbuto iyo Biciidlasaar.

Wiilo,

Your welcome mate. Just wanted to post a few photos as not many folks have seen this area of Somalia.

Intel   

Originally posted by Bari_Nomad:

they do have some of the best horses as well.

hehehe they do indeed man, quracda Dhahar & dooxada Dildishi is where i learned how to ride horses @ very young age..

Memories :cool:

never been or even seen anyone from that place :D but indeed its very beautiful. Raxmada eebe waa in aanu ugu mahad celinaa. Allow u kordhi inta aan heysana sii.