AhmedGuled

Somalia will never recover and this is a good thing.

The Somali people lack empathy and compassion which are too traits you needed to built a civil society and an effective justice system. The Europeans are a better people than black Africans which Somalis are even though they claim not to be. Which brings me to my final point: arrogance. Somalis are extremely arrogant and prideful with little reason to be so, which makes it very funny to me as a Somali. The stories that I have heard about Las Anod and why people are fighting has finally revealed to me Somalis are garbage beyond repair. I am going to return to my western life and leave this curse land for good. I have lived in Somaliland since 2019...but now I finally understand this place cannot be improved because the people are evil. 

Illyria   
51 minutes ago, AhmedGuled said:

The Somali people lack empathy and compassion which are too traits you needed to built a civil society and an effective justice system. The Europeans are a better people than black Africans which Somalis are even though they claim not to be. Which brings me to my final point: arrogance. Somalis are extremely arrogant and prideful with little reason to be so, which makes it very funny to me as a Somali. The stories that I have heard about Las Anod and why people are fighting has finally revealed to me Somalis are garbage beyond repair. I am going to return to my western life and leave this curse land for good. I have lived in Somaliland since 2019...but now I finally understand this place cannot be improved because the people are evil. 

From the sound of it, you have been reading De Gobineau's Inequality of human races.

A rather depressing, if bleak viewpoint. What happened in SL to convince you Somalis are evil?

That's nonsense ! Europeans are where they are cuz of their endless war. They plunged the world into two large scale wars. In WWII alone, 50 million people were, in fact their empires were built on war starting with Rome. And their genocidal wars on Latin America, Africa and Asia changed history including ours.

On 5/17/2023 at 5:05 AM, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

As if desperately hapless secessionist's fantasies were reality. Soomaaliya Rabi hadduu idmo meel sare ayee gaari doontaa, regardless of the wailings of doomed secessionists.

hadu alle idmi wayana , for over 30 years  u have been living in catesrophie and destruction what makes u think it will get any better any time soon amisom has been there for more then 14 years  nothing has changed security wise..

Illyria   
6 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

hadu alle idmi wayana , for over 30 years  u have been living in catesrophie and destruction what makes u think it will get any better any time soon amisom has been there for more then 14 years  nothing has changed security wise..

Who fed you those porkies about the security in Xamar? Perfect, it is not, but has tremendously improved over the years, and shall continue to do so Insha'Allah.

Tossing aside the hubris, and bravado, the more relevant question is: how is SL faring TODAY in comparison to the rest of the country?

Consider: a) Economically, b) Security: pray, spare a thought as to what is brewing in Sool, Awdal, Sanaag, and Togdheer, and c) Social cohesion. Consider GXS displeasure. You could always call a friend for a life line, if unable to swallow hard reality on your own.

Somaliland is doing fine apart from the little laascanood conflict  the port is build up the investement is going well the oil drill project is doing good. and it will start a in a few months Somaliland budget has trippled the past few years. So Somaliland held last year an elections of parlaiment and local two elections at the same time. And there is no displeasure of any Somaliland community apart from the garaad clan who now have allied them selves with the pirates and shabaab

security  last month a judge was gunned down  local socalled police of the sfg ayaa is rasaaseye

now tell me how on earth is ur situation in the bunker any better then before

anigu ma sheegin tiktok niiko from liido i dont see that as progress i hope do not either

tell me how is the awdal uprise going or the sanag uprise anigu waxba kamaan maqlin

On 5/16/2023 at 2:24 PM, Illyria said:

A rather depressing, if bleak viewpoint. What happened in SL to convince you Somalis are evil?

When I left, for Somaliland, in March 2019 I had high hopes that the country would turn a corner. My plan was to start a small manufacturing company and provide services to the local cities. I am not from a minority clan in Somaliland I am from the same clan as Muse Bixii Abdi. The way people treat each other over the smallest things is what really opened my eyes. I got robbed twice in Hargeisa and Las Anod and I was treated like a outsider. Even my father got into it with another person who crashed his car into us, we only managed to walk away from the heated exchange because of our clan name otherwise it could have turned real ugly. This was my first "walk up call" of how Somaliland is really run. I said to myself ,and spoke to my father, that if this place has not moved on from clan identity then it will never be the country we want it to be. My father still lives in Berbera but I told him and I will be returning back to the U.K  and staying there.

On 5/17/2023 at 4:05 AM, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

As if desperately hapless secessionist's fantasies were reality. Soomaaliya Rabi hadduu idmo meel sare ayee gaari doontaa, regardless of the wailings of doomed secessionists.

Amisom is your bodyguard and stops your Somalia from returning to 1991. We all know once the Somalis in the south are left to "run" Mogadishu it would not take long for the place to fall back into the hands of warlords.

On 5/16/2023 at 3:03 PM, Che -Guevara said:

That's nonsense ! Europeans are where they are cuz of their endless war. They plunged the world into two large scale wars. In WWII alone, 50 million people were, in fact their empires were built on war starting with Rome. And their genocidal wars on Latin America, Africa and Asia changed history including ours.

Europeans have a massive manufacturing footprint on this Earth both North America and Europe are 50% of global manufacturing the other 48% comes from Asia. Africa has less than 2% of global manufacturing which is hopeless. 

I am out!

Illyria   
2 hours ago, AhmedGuled said:

When I left, for Somaliland, in March 2019 I had high hopes that the country would turn a corner. My plan was to start a small manufacturing company and provide services to the local cities. I am not from a minority clan in Somaliland I am from the same clan as Muse Bixii Abdi. The way people treat each other over the smallest things is what really opened my eyes. I got robbed twice in Hargeisa and Las Anod and I was treated like a outsider. Even my father got into it with another person who crashed his car into us, we only managed to walk away from the heated exchange because of our clan name otherwise it could have turned real ugly. This was my first "walk up call" of how Somaliland is really run. I said to myself ,and spoke to my father, that if this place has not moved on from clan identity then it will never be the country we want it to be. My father still lives in Berbera but I told him and I will be returning back to the U.K  and staying there.

I am sorry to hear of those bad experiences, mate.  From what I have seen, in my recent trips, things are slowly, if incrementally progressing, and it is our responsibility to make the country what we want it to be.

Europe is not ours. Its people built it. We should build our own instead of being undesirable guests in another.

Despair not, mate. It is a long, arduous dredge, but I am confident we could make the turn.