Illyria

Local council elections in PL

Illyria   

From the look of it, Tradition still carries far greater weight and influence in PL, and elsewhere in the country, than Judiciary, and has assumed its role in mediations. There is a long, arduous way to go.

Local elections continue. Federalism survives from yet another assault from the anti-federalist psuedo Fed. gov't in Xamar.

Illyria   

4 days to go.

Asad is now in Mudug, was in Tawfiiq a few days ago, and headed to Saaxo.

Ballot boxes have reached Bari and Mudug. And with Deni stomping in Sanaag, and breaking bread with Suldaan Saciid in Sanaag, and Jabiye trying to catch up in Carmo, and Bosaaso, Bari, it is warming up.

7 hours ago, Illyria said:

4 days to go.

Asad is now in Mudug, was in Tawfiiq a few days ago, and headed to Saaxo.

Ballot boxes have reached Bari and Mudug. And with Deni stomping in Sanaag, and breaking bread with Suldaan Saciid in Sanaag, and Jabiye trying to catch up in Carmo, and Bosaaso, Bari, it is warming up.

If puntland don't put ballot boxes in eastern sool and eastern buuhoodle it's indicating that puntland is Oki to let go khaatumo.   This means a lot politically.  

Illyria   

For all intents and purposes, SSC Khatumo is a de facto Federal Member State in waiting. Quite a bit of political capital is being afforded to its realisation.

• Like 1

I don't think the horgalayal will easily give up their generous stake in Garowe.    No law can prevent them to hold political positions in puntland, even if they don't participate the elections.   Somaliland had something called 'is xanbaar'  designed for eastern sool and sanaag ,   same in xamar they have different system for the reer waqooyi MPs .    Puntland is More likely to copy this.     

I don't see horgalayal vacating their positions any time soon both in Garowe and hargeisa.   This is the  biggest challenge facing garaad jaamac.   The peaple wants khaatumo   but the reality is different.   Khaatumo is nothing but name.  The war in laascaanood is completely funded by puntland with small contribution from the public.   This dependency is an other problem.   Khaatumo leadership can't stay away from puntland  because puntland feeds them.    

41 minutes ago, Game changer said:

I don't think the horgalayal will easily give up their generous stake in Garowe.    No law can prevent them to hold political positions in puntland, even if they don't participate the elections.   Somaliland had something called 'is xanbaar'  designed for eastern sool and sanaag ,   same in xamar they have different system for the reer waqooyi MPs .    Puntland is More likely to copy this.     

I don't see horgalayal vacating their positions any time soon both in Garowe and hargeisa.   This is the  biggest challenge facing garaad jaamac.   The peaple wants khaatumo   but the reality is different.   Khaatumo is nothing but name.  The war in laascaanood is completely funded by puntland with small contribution from the public.   This dependency is an other problem.   Khaatumo leadership can't stay away from puntland  because puntland feeds them.    

You seem to have definition of reality perhaps of out desperation. 

Illyria   

I agree, he is sharp, and informed of local politics. It is shaping up that way, and Deni's stars are aligning up in his favour. I am hoping for his return purely on the grounds of the infrastructure development projects incl. Bosaso port expansion, Ceel-Dahir - Ceerigaabo road, Garowe-Galkacyo road, Garacad-Tuur Dibi, Garowe-Garacad etc., to be completed.

Deni greatly benefited from the Fed. gov't interference in local politics, reer Garowe's ill-advised, lose-lose politicking, not to mention the SSC conflict.

Reer Nugaal are missing in action.

• Thanks 1