Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

Where do you really want to live?

Thoth   

My question is where do you really want to live? I read so many of the posts in here, and all I ever really see is the critism of the countries and leaders that protect you and your rights. So where is it? If you aren't there now, why not?

NGONGE   

I think most people would want to live in a safe place that is also compatible with their beliefs, cultures and lifestyle. I'd want to live in a safe Muslim country that allows me the freedom to be myself.

As for criticising leaders, well, people should have the freedom to criticise any type of injustice they perceive. It's not as if any of our criticisms and complaints are being heard, man. Just like the two Ants under the tree who are wolf whistling and shouting obscenities at the bird on the tree; they're not loud enough to be heard or big enough to feel threatened by! ;)

One Ant says to the other, "I can see the filthy bird's backside from here!" icon_razz.gif

Thoth   

I think that I need to be more specific. I figured that most people would want to live in a country where they feel safe, and with similar beliefs. I should have said what country in the world today? Open critisim of your leaders and countrie is a right of its citizens only in free countries. So what country today?

JIDAAWY   

Originally posted by Thoth:

My question is where do you really want to live? I read so many of the posts in here, and all I ever really see is the critism of the countries and leaders that protect you and your rights. So where is it? If you aren't there now, why not?

I would love to live in a contry that is not targeted by zioniests like Paul Wolfwitz and Richard Perle.

Miriam1   

I would love to live....as above mentioned..a place free from paranio targetting towards muslims....a place where they dont get CNN and people like Tim Russet dont come onto my TV Screen...a place where i get to wake up to the Adan, no alarm clocks. Um having lived in oil rich countries....i wouldnt go back, the natives are not freindly smile.gif ....but i would live in Egypt and Somalia, *simplicity*, ummmmm whats keeping me...i need that western degree...i got be able to offer something worthy, a knowledge much needed.

Peze

I would want to live in The Maldives. Over 1100 islands, Muslim population and the most beautiful place on God's green earth. Oh well, a girl can dream eh? I suppose just honeymooning there will have to do...Insha'Allah. :cool:

Some facts:

Official Name: Republic of Maldives

Commonly Name: The Maldives

Area: 90,000 km ( of which about 10% is only land)

Number of islands: 1190 (approx.)

Population: 270,101 (census 2000)

Capital: Male’

National Symbols: The National Emblem

The National Emblem comprises a Coconut Palm, a Crescent and Star, two National Flags and the traditional Title of the State. The National Flag comprises a green rectangle with a red border and a white Crescent in the centre.

National Tree: Coconut Palm

National Flower: The pink rose

Official Language: Dhivehi

Second Language: English

Religion: Islam (100% Sunni Muslim)

Government: Democratic

Justice System: The constitution of The Maldives which is based on Islamic Sharia

Time difference: +5hrs GMT

Currency: Rufiyaa(Notes) and Laari (Coins)

Official Weekly Holidays: Friday and Saturday

Business Hours: Government offices: 0730 – 1430 Banks: 0800 – 1330

Climate: Tropical

Average Temperatures: 30.7 degrees Celsius (Max)

25.7 degrees Celsius (Min)

(Source: www.themaldives.com)

Ahhhhh.....*gazes off into the distance*

Blessed   

For now, I'm happy in living and earning my escape in London. But, i'a This is where I want to be - actually the coast of Berbera is more appealing.

Hopefully, by the time I get my self together. The area will be more stable and more developed - though I'd love to be part of the development process.

Nothing beats, living in your own Muslim land. As much as I love living the gulf - your still a foreigner and they don't waste time in reminding you of that fact. I want to be in a place, where I can be me, where am respected and where there will be sun, sand and Somalis. In-sha Allah, nomads, In-sha Allah. I hope I make it there....

Home sweet Home huh...

Well i wasnt fortunate enough to savour the delights of a peace time somalia so i cant reminise

Ideally

Kenya Mombasa where there is the attraction of a large muslim community, laid back lifestyle, the indian ocean, fresh Food and year round Sunsyhne

However more realistic an option would be

UAE, Dubai as an expatriate Brit ;) , But thats a few steps away.

Stuck in London for the foreseeable future