Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Beautiful art of old baarlamaan

My old school (Yaasiin Cismaan) was right there. There was some Indian school too if my memory serves me right. School fights used to take place on taaladda.

Buses in the evening and was dropped off at school during duhur. I was  galablay when the dagaalka started. I actually lived  near Suuq Juungal, maybe a half mile away from our house. Hotel Guurguurts  was about couple of miles from our house.

I transferred to Yaasiin Cismaan on my fourth grade and the war started on my fifth grade, just became ciyaal dar jaalle and enjoying myself.

Illyria   
21 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

My old man chairing the old Soomaali baarlamaan. The art on the background is truly something.

Second picture is the opening session of 1968 with madaxweyne C/rashiid along with aabo.

Rabi ha u wada raxmado.

1678398853806.jpg

1683305025920.jpg

So, that means, Sh. Muktaar Maxamed Xuseen was your late father; that could not be, for you are awfully too young to be his progeny, judging from a picture you posted recently whilst visiting Bush House.

8 hours ago, Illyria said:

So, that means, Sh. Muktaar Maxamed Xuseen was your late father; that could not be, for you are awfully too young to be his progeny, judging from a picture you posted recently whilst visiting Bush House.

s0237.gif

Waxaa i soo xasuusisay the late C/qaadir Xaaji Masalle tacsi ugu tagay my sister after my father's passing in 2012. It was in Ingiriiska He told her, 'Gabar yar baa tahay kuma dhali karo sheekha.' And she was born in 1969. Waxee u sheegtay in kan noogu yar dhashay 1985, oo meesha joogay arkay. Wuu yaabanaa.

By the way, that BBC studio visit was in 2003.

On 5/5/2023 at 6:00 PM, Che -Guevara said:

Buses in the evening and was dropped off at school during duhur. I was  galablay when the dagaalka started. I actually lived  near Suuq Juungal, maybe a half mile away from our house. Hotel Guurguurts  was about couple of miles from our house.

I transferred to Yaasiin Cismaan on my fourth grade and the war started on my fifth grade, just became ciyaal dar jaalle and enjoying myself.

Huriwaa walaashey ku aqalgishay oo deganeyd from 1988 to mid 1990. Aaga suuqa u dhaweyd. Hoteel Guuleed waagiisa hore Guurguurte la dhihi jiray miyaa?

Illyria   
15 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

s0237.gif

Waxaa i soo xasuusisay the late C/qaadir Xaaji Masalle tacsi ugu tagay my sister after my father's passing in 2012. It was in Ingiriiska He told her, 'Gabar yar baa tahay kuma dhali karo sheekha.' And she was born in 1969. Waxee u sheegtay in kan noogu yar dhashay 1985, oo meesha joogay arkay. Wuu yaabanaa.

By the way, that BBC studio visit was in 2003.

Yes, we forget that generation was awfully young when they started serving the nation at the highest capacity, and when we think of them, we associate them with eons, and could hardly imagine their offspring being around, let alone being young. It further speaks as to how young our nation is.

On 5/6/2023 at 7:12 PM, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Huriwaa walaashey ku aqalgishay oo deganeyd from 1988 to mid 1990. Aaga suuqa u dhaweyd. Hoteel Guuleed waagiisa hore Guurguurte la dhihi jiray miyaa?

My folks moved there in 86. It was always called that as far as I can remember.

On 5/6/2023 at 11:29 PM, Red Sea said:

Miskiin and Che,

Assalamu Alaykum brothers. Good to see you still alive and active 

Wa caleykum salaan waraxmatullaahi wabarakaatu.

Waala soo dheeraaday. Warka na sii. Mala aqalgalay?

17 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Was it build with very low quality, it is like it was hit by earthquake, Tsunami

It wasn't destroyed at once. Madaafiicdii Cali Mahdi iyo Caydiid isku duqeynaayeen in '91-'92 destroyed a lot.

Dhagaxyadii soo haray, which were high end quality red bricks, waala siibtay, kis kis over the decades. Birihii waala siibtay iyagana. And the rest environmental and climate factors contributed.

Plus from 1991 to 2006, for 15 years qadka cagaaran ayee ahayd meeshaan oo lama degaan ahayd.

I am worried Xasan Socdaal will sell it to his fellow corrupt businessmen (claiming to be a 'lease'). They already tried to do that a couple of years ago, using duqa magaalada until dowladda dhexe soo faragalisay and stopped to make it a public park.