Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Cadde’s Puntland: dictatorial legacy and political immaturity.

Seven years has passed since Puntland has notably declared its regional autonomy and separated itself from the lawless south. It was an elderly choice that addressed both administrative necessities and political and clannish sentiments (restored some lost pride in that part of the country) of that region. What followed was quite a disappointment though. A hungry wolf, as it were, was appointed to tend to the sheep. He destroyed and corrupted. He spread his clannish ills quite rapidly. And off he went to where he truly belongs.

Unfortunately the region in general and Cadde in particular has inherited a constitutional crisis and institutional mess; the legacy of the old man. Cadde, though, seems to have an understanding of accountability, a trait of which the old man has been/is in a desperate need. He seems to have bigger plans and reforms for the region and I sense a managerial capacity in him. The anti-Islamist politics is out and the man is no Ethiopian lackey.

Waxaanse saluugsanahay, the sluggishness of his reforms. He will go down in the history books as the man who couldn’t emerge from the shadow looms of the old man if three things can’t get completed in his term.

1-Ansixinta dastuurka (Afti)

2-Parliamentarian election: from clan appointed to elected MPs.

3-Political parties.

What you think? What are your expectations from Cadde and his agenda?

Sky   

Cadde certainly is aware of the need for reforms in Puntland, but I doubt wether he knows how to tackle certain deep-rooted problems stemming from Yeey's reign to move forward and implement the three above mentioned political reforms as well as other long-term goals of his.

Cadde has disappointed all of us when he surrounded himself by Yeey's henchmen. Puntlanders expected a new fresh breeze of transparancy, accountability and efficiency from the mountains of Daallo, Golis and Karkaar through the valleys of the Nugaal and Daroor to the plains of the Mudug and Hawd. The sun must have struck us, because it was just a mere dustwind we were used to all along. Cadde may have kept the people sweet with massive development projects, but it is still the same.

I don't expect all three to be achieved under Cadde, not due to him, but because of the environment he has to deal with and situations he cannot handle that are natural to the Puntland political theatre. At best the first two will be accomplished, but forget about the third one. That is too much demanded from the Somali General from Toronto.

To offer the day Koowdii Agoosto, the day of Puntland's inception, a few words. It has been 7 years since we finnally promised ourselves to take matters in our own hands in a nation of total anarchy, chaos and terror. Puntland has come a long way, now it can boast being a beacon of hope for many Somalis and even Non-Somalis.

Originally posted by Sky:

Cadde certainly is aware of the need for reforms in Puntland, but I doubt wether he knows how to tackle certain deep-rooted problems stemming from Yeey's reign to move forward and implement the three above mentioned political reforms as well as other long-term goals of his.

Cadde has disappointed all of us when he surrounded himself by Yeey's henchmen. Puntlanders expected a new fresh breeze of transparancy, accountability and efficiency from the mountains of Daallo, Golis and Karkaar through the valleys of the Nugaal and Daroor to the plains of the Mudug and Hawd. The sun must have struck us, because it was just a mere dustwind we were used to all along. Cadde may have kept the people sweet with massive development projects, but it is still the same.

I don't expect all three to be achieved under Cadde, not due to him, but because of the environment he has to deal with and situations he cannot handle that are natural to the Puntland political theatre. At best the first two will be accomplished, but forget about the third one. That is too much demanded from the Somali General from Toronto.

To offer the day Koowdii Agoosto, the day of Puntland's inception, a few words. It has been 7 years since we finnally promised ourselves to take matters in our own hands in a nation of total anarchy, chaos and terror. Puntland has come a long way, now it can boast being a beacon of hope for many Somalis and even Non-Somalis.

I think I would have to agree with sky on this one. I don't expect all three to be achieved under Cadde at this point.

Environment he has to deal with and situations he cannot handle that are natural to the Puntland political theatre.

I think that would be the Main reason why all three can not be achieved under General from Toronto.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

1-Ansixinta dastuurka (Afti)

2-Parliamentarian election: from clan appointed to elected MPs.

3-Political parties.

Nah. This is more like the list:

1. Get rid of all Col Yeey's lackeys (which means majority of ministers)

2. Get rid of all Col Yeey's lackeys (which means majority of ministers)

3. Get rid of all Col Yeey's lackeys (which means majority of ministers)

As things stand today, the Cadde admin is a dissappointment in many aspects because, other than the Pres & VP, the men in power largely remain the same. So how are we to expect reform when yesteryear's leaders are still in office? The way I see it, Puntland is still indirectly run by Col Yeey. I'll give Cadde his shining moment when he shows me he's indeed the Man in Charge.

Love him or Hate him he got Puntland where it is today.He got Cade where he is today and he will be Getting somalia a far better place than it is at the moment.Credit where credit is due.The guys you call old mans' henchmen well they were there for the bad old days and helped make Puntland into what it is now,and if you compare The Puntland of yesterday and that of today there is a huge difference.Remember the old man did not have any help anywhere else and had to defend against all fronts whereas cadde is being defended by the old man from all the other fronts and only needs to concentrate on the local issues.He is also getting the weight of the old man and the federal government behind him,ahead of him and opening up doors for him.Who was doing that for the old man.NOBODY he is self made and was sailing on unchattered waters whereas Cadde has a chart,satelite navigation courtsey of the old man and is even being given emergency road side assistance if he needs it.On top of that he is also getting anti theft alarm etc from the old man.You cannot compare the two.He even gets a guard in the form of the old man.I am all for different political parties and opinions but just because you dont support a particular person doesnt mean you can't give him credit where credit is due.Criticise but be fair people

Orgiliqe, comm’on saaxiib. Contribute not by rambling mantras but by reasonable assessment of the region. Tell us about the prospect of success and the obstacles that lie ahead. Tell us what you would like be done in his term. Spare us from your chanting songs, saaxiib.

As for the old man and your seemingly hopeless obsession with him, well all I can say is the man has heeded to a higher calling of sort. I, for one, am happy for his political departure from that region. He is where he truly belongs and so let him coach his former thugs, saaxiib.