Sign in to follow this  
A New Born

The Role of the 61 MPs from the North

The 4.5 formula is based on Clan lines ,theoretically SomaliLnad is represented, but that is ONLY in theory.

There are lots of shortcommings in the formula, things like the "would be federal States" in the south is unclear, there is no actual census on either the population or the actual clan members etc etc...

The government of A/yuusf & Gheddi shows no REAL 4.5 Formula power sharing regarding the 61 members from the North, or at least those from the North who belong to the Dominating clan.

Now how will thier presence effect both the newly baked FEDERAL and the long awaited Somaliland/Somalia discussions of eventual seperation ?

Have their presence weakened the Somaliland cause?

Have their presence helped A/Yusuf somehow

What do you see their role is?

Qudhac   

sxb i think you are placing too much enthasis on these shaddy individuals and their reall importance, in truth these are paper politicians and even for somali standard they are not big players more of rounded up individuals from diaspora. in order to be seen as of any reall importance you really have to have some kind of "constituancy/tribe" behind you and in the case of the somaliland born individuals they dont really have neigher in fact most them have not even been back there for decades.

i really faill to see what sort of role they could play and what political value they would have for a) somaliland b) somalia because they are neither political players not have anyone backing them.

and as for your question of have they strenghened or weakened somaliland and c/y, once again i dont really see how they could neigher strenghen not weaken somaliland maybe a short term nuisence but nothing to give alot of attention to.

as for whether they are usefull to c/y, they probally give his government a short term look of inclusiveness but the problem with paper politician with no reall constiguancy is that they have very very short political life no one really takes them seriously merely number fillers.

What 61 MP's from the North? The clan has 61 which are split into 40 north and 16 south.

The 40 MP's voted like everyone else. they have a number of ministers like the rest and so on.

JB, the Puntland formula could work for Somaliland, for Puntland has local MP's with powers to appoint a local President as is happening ina couple of hours time Insha Allah.

BN   
^^You threw me off there with the name change. I was wondering who is this character... :D:D

Jumatatu   

JB sxb the MP's from the North-west assumed by being part of this federal government they could and would get a fair share (if not a lion's share) in attempt to lure the people of S/land from the secessionist. Ideally that would have been good, but alas it turned out to be the opposite.

But then you have to look behind the scene the main player in this farce so called federal parliament and government of Somalia does not want to create a situation that could probably bring a unification, and the stooges in Nairobi are just puppets in the game.

As it stands now S/land have a firm case to push their case forward for secession, it has been given to them on a plate and intentionally.

Anyone who looks at this cabinet seriously would only come to the conclussion that it has been created to create conflict and animosity.

Allah spare us from what it intends to do.

Bari LOL, bro, Smith was getting on my nerves :D

As it stands now S/land have a firm case to push their case forward for secession, it has been given to them on a plate and intentionally.

Wonderful satire. :D:D:D

Somaliland has had the chance, do you seriously want us to believe that today in which they have lost SOOL, SANAG and CAYN. That there is a Somali government even in Nairobi that the world would take them seriously. :D Give us a break will ya.

BN   

Originally posted by Duke_Valantino:

Bari LOL, bro, Smith was getting on my nerves
:D

I can imagine...let's see how you feel after being called DUKE for the next while... :D

As for the long-awaited fairy tale recognition, that train has come and gone in my view. Duke and I,( :D ) are here to wave it goodbye and good-speed, while others are left scrambling to get on the caboose. I just hope the Ms. Edna Adan has brought her pair of Nike runners. :D

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Duke_Valantino:

That there is a Somali government even in Nairobi that the world would take them seriously.
:D
Give us a break will ya.

I think you need to give yourself a break Smith sxb. You are honestly living in a cuckoos-land if you think there is a Somali government or even anything that can be deemed to have a form of government in Nairobi.

What you have in there is a fantasy government that mocks the aspiration and hopes it carried. It is not even worth anything on theory today let alone practical.

But am not suprised cause you are blindly supporting 'adeero' and hence you fail to see the pitfalls.

As for the SOOL, SANAG and CAYN that you so harmonically sing about , dont push your luck mate. You will get what you want by the end of the day, though I wonder whether you have yet contemplated the cosequences of it .... :D

What's the role of the 61 MPs from the Northwest?

What role? They're as useless as the rest of this so-called (parasite) Parliament. They're just looking for more blood (and public funds) to suck dry in the name of 'Soomaalimo.'

Hang tight - it'll be a long, conflict-ridden ride back to 1991!

Kowneyn   

JB:

I agree with qudhac with may be the exception of one. In any case, who ever in that group is Somaliland's man will look out for Somaliland's interest and work closely with our natural allies ;) .

Wether Cabdillahi Yusuf is accepted or rejected is a question for ONLY the people of Muqdisho. I think he might have a fighting chance if he can reform and re-invent himself by actively distancing himself from his previous tribal rhetoric and the stigma of a certain "ism".

Thang guyz for your diffrent inputs, but STILL the Question of those 61 MPs is an answered.

As for the new DUKE in town(hi Abti ;) ) and whole "Nationalist" camp .. the ROLE of the 61 MPS from the North(Nowrhwest)is JUST like the REST of the MPs , i.e there is NOTHING like

"Somaliland". well.. that is like saying " who the heck is Riyaale " and that Question is well answered by A/Yusuf when he publicly said that his (to be )Federal government will talk to the Hargeisa boys.

As for the "secessionist" camp .. those MPs are merely "Somalilanders"... That is to say " Who the F*** do they represent" and that Question is well answered by the MPs themselves when they took the oath as Reperesentatives from the North Clan ( but not the Hargeisa regime ).

Bro Kowneyn.. you can´t have it both ways dear,

You can´t tell me

" it´s upto the Mogadishu ppl "

in one hand and

"the MPs represent Somaliland´s intrest" in another.

If they Represent Somaliland´s intrest , then it is upto Both Mogadishu and Hargeisa´s ppl to accept or reject A/Yusuf.

If they don´t represent ( which is what i sense ) then They´re occupying the WRONG seats.

If the Nationalist camp means business then A/Yusuf should tighetn the rope on Hargeisa´s neck to force a quick desulussion of the hargeisa club.

If Somaliland is here to STAY then A/YUsuf should draw back the Puntland troops from "Adhi cade".

It seems that Mogadishu has a delima having A/yusuf as president while talking with Hargeisa about eventual secession. ;)