Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

I WANT TO BE A MODEL!!!

Hibo   

Sup my fellow nomads..Id like u to give me an

answer to my question.

I´m studying natural science but that wasn´t my choice.my parents want me to be a doctor but I think I want to be a model...Everyone that i meet(even some ppl at the street)complemented my body and looks and they say that I should be a model..EVEN my teachers.

Ive tried out an auditioning and im modelling now at my free times(NOT

nudemodell)Its advertisment modelling.

And if I tell my parents...they are gonna freak out..They want my best but are afraid that I will bring shame to them.

I really need your advice

AND aflagaadada iga dhaafa!!!!

peace

Hibo   

I think the best person to ask is yourself. My advice to you would be to follow your heart. Sometimes we want what we can't get .... so maybe theres is more to this then wanting to be a model... maybe it's cos U don't enjoy studies .... what ever .... U need to think about it!

As far as modeling goes, you must bare in mind the Islaam forbids such things, walaalo Allah has blessed you with beauty, intelligence and caring parents, who are concerned with your future and you show gratitude by disobeying both Allah and your parents.

You also, need to consider what you are getting yourself into, despite the apparent galamoure, modeling is not what is cut up to be is it? I mean models arn't exactly the happiest people in the world are they? This is a whole industry designed to take advantage of women and make other feel shitty about them selfs. I personally, think that moddeling is an insult to women .... There is more to us then the eye can see .... and feel saddened by the fact that women can be so enthusiatic about thus whole thing ....

My God, excuse my subjectivity sweety .. erm ... where was I lol

my advice to ya ... I wouldn't advice you to go into it, but bottom line .. it's your life, your decision!

hooyo   

Your parents will freak out heeh? how dare u, u already bring shame on nomand family, thats it you and fardun are going back to somalia, you two are getting out of hand, one start kissing boys in broad day ligth and you start modeling, allah hogey, u evil women!

Miss L ameenah is right...you should think about it what you getting into and it's you life so if you think it's good idea well, go for it

I my self have been trying to get into n' where ever i go people assume i'm a model and when Searching for Super model came to australia i took a part of it (Ford modelling agency) at the same time i was so worried about what my parents would think but it was something that i always wanted to do so i went for it...

After i passed few stages the worried increased and i became the top 60 and the result was they were after Blond chicks with blue eyes.LOL so i though damn that was a sighn....

It's huge thing and i should advice you think about it...........there different models like face modeling or hand modelling so i'm sure they will make you to wear swim suit modelling damn that's when alot of eye browes will raise..LOL

so think about it if you really want it....go for it, it's worth trying sis

Adios

Hibo   

Asalaam aleykom..my dear sister!

first and formost thank the almighty who gave you such beauty and am sure you are very smart.

our parents often do tell us to be "anything that u can be"..and as such be the best of all...am sure you very smart and probably doing good at school(am guessing)..however they will also be accountable in the day of judgement b4 allah as to how they raised their kids I.e the islamic way..

YOU AND I and the rest who adviced do know that showing off ur body to strangers is absolutly xaraam in islam(please yall know-zero tolerance)...therefore unless you wanna live in this world in a "unislamic" way.. well then you can go ahead..and to the rest.. shame on yall...tell the gal some truth!..if am not wrong... modelling does not include wearing a qimaar or cabaaya..which we all know is the PROPER ISLAMIC ATTIRE for any muslim woman! unless you model islamic garments i.e qimaar/cabaaya..and don show any skin whatso ever.. go for it...but is that the modeling you wanna do?

Ps.. if u disagree with this ....then i dunno!.

macsalaama.. please listen to ur parents as they hold the keys to jannah!.. god bless you.. and i wish you the best in your "natural studies class(become a DR and help our suffering somali population!)

------------------

small minds discuss people

average minds discuss events

great minds discuss ideas

where do you fit?

Buubto   

Sis u know moddeling is haram & is 4 the ppl who disobeyed Allah caza wajal. U asking how u going to explain this to ur prance, did u thought about how u going to explain to Allah in the day of judgment? What u going to say to him? U getting ur self in disaster world I warn u to get out of it b4 is too late. I aren’t ur prance nor u sis, but like our religion advises us I have to correct my fellow muslims. U know is haram cuz u can’t deny it by saying I didn’t know it, if u believe in Allah don’t do it & if u don’t want to burn ur self in hell & have disaster life in dunya. No offence sis good luck plz get out of it 4 ur own seek. cwm7.gif

------------------

"Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty: establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith." (3:147)

Taqwa   

Salamu Alaikum,

Libaax, am sorry but this is when I take the glove's off.

So you want to be a model, and then you ask "aflagaadada iga dhaafa". Sweety that's the last thing you ask taqwa to do. Hey by the way, why dont' you be a prostitute on your way to being a BIG MODEL. Don't bring shame to your parents, relatives and the somali community. I don't need to defend my arguments to you. ITS HARAM, maybe this word doesn't make sense to you, since your IQ isn't that impressing right now. I agree with Buubto, maxamad,. Basically your suffering from something called ignorance to Islam. Now you have two choice's, either be a model and fail at it, since I know you wont make it, or walk away from the magnificant book of Allah.

P.S. Maybe I'm in a bad mood again.

Cheers,

Taqwa smile.gif

Hibo   

war ukaadiya, gabadha maxaa loogu boodi su aal bey idin weydiisay halaga jawaabo .. did she say aflagaado hayaay tani waa mid ilbaxday, let me say this and open ur eyes Miss L see those people who said u must be a model specially teachers they just want to score they are insulting you and you nomad nimadii baa kaabadatay and u thought they are complementing you, secondly i look at the models and i feel nothing i feel i am looking an object not human sometimes i even wonder whether they are human and have feelings or not, so don't be a model for the following reasons:

1. you will be an object and seen as an object

2. you will do xaraam and anger your creator Allah

3. you will end up doing more than modeling and entertaining old rich ugly men just to get ur deals

4. see iman, she lost her aduun and aaqiro she is the lowest life i could imagin just by marring non muslim and adoon at the begining ...

5. you parents might have a heart attack and when u get older and ur beauty goes with the wing and u look back and regret what u have lost "beauty is a curse when used in the wrong way" see most or the entertainment girls and i know u understand what i mean, they all beautiful but in few years they will live like shit..

6. Give your number let me evaluate how much beaty we are talking about here..looool

7. if you do it and don't listen to me .. i will hunt you down looooooool

lots of love sis and take it easy if u are serious think about it and if u chilling and wana make the nomads get nervoius u did a good job looool

Hibo   

taqwa..aslaam aleykom

please just give advice to the young sister!

don be soo negative and aggressive.

it is xaram..yes and say it in a nice gentle manner..pliz relax dude

Hibo   

TAQWA. I said aflagaadada iga dhaaf and if u still wanna do it then don´t bother coming into this room.And what do u mean wit,why don´t you become a prostitute on your way becoming a BIG MODELI said ADVICE me but not insulting me.I can do what I want but I just seeked advice on my nomad ppl.get It?

Kruella   

For the sister who posted the Q, I think you should do whatever you feel you need to do. I'm not going to preach you about Islam coz you already know where the issue stands. You seem like a smart girl, and you know that modelling is only going to objectify you as long as your looks will last. I think you can achieve higher aspirations than be judged by your looks. If plp compliment you on how you look that's not a reason to hit the catwalk but rather to be steadfast and make plp judge you beyond your looks.

In the end, the choice will be yours, I wish you good luck on your future endeavors.

salam

Taqwa   

Dear Miss L,

First I didn't insult you nor am I going to appologise. A devoted muslim considers a women who is a model, to be in the same level as a prostitute. This is not an insult but rather a metaphor for where modeling stands, from the prospective's of Muslim Scholars. A model sells her body and beauty to magazine's for fame and money. A prostitute sells are body to men for money. Now if you look at it from this point of few, its HARAM.

But then you want be to approach this from a secular point of view. Hmmm let see, since it brings in money and fame, its okay to model. Follow your heart and do what is right. "I was being sarcastic"

A women's beauty is meant for her husband, and only her husband. For you to flash it around magazine's and AD's, is degrading to your family, husband, and most importantly Islam. I don't like to preach nor do I want to convince you to not model, but rather make you see the light of this delicate question. I might have came off harsh but it was with respect, and not insulting. I don't appologise for being harsh but if it seemed insulting, that's because you see it that way, due to the fact that you have already considered modelling. END OF DISCUSSION, the ball is at your corner now. Play it the way you want.

Wa Salam,

Taqwa smile.gif

Hibo   

lakkad's view!~

in the end it is the individual he makes the choice.

the young smart lady asked for advice..and taqwa..u seem very very arrogant(am sorry-but you do).

you can advice someone without you being sooo harsh(u very irritating!).

back to the sister- please choose the right path..am sure you definetly know in islam it is xaram to flash and show ur body to strangers!.

think about it and am sure illahey will show the right decision.

kruella-you rite.

taqwa-get a grip and apologise-sucker

------------------

I LOVE ME FOR ME

blue   

Taqwa,

It seems to me that your sole purpose is to provoke people who post on the forum. You always project in your writing that you are someone of high moral authority. Ok, I understand you base most of your opinions on what you know about Islam. Can you for once post an opinion without any reference to Islam? As you know most of us are believers and what one believes is privy to him or her. It is nobody’s business.

It’s great that you are a proponent of Islamic values. However, forcing that into people’s throat is rather unproductive it seems to me. My aim is not to criticize you but to make a suggestion. View this merely as an entertainment medium. Take it easy and have fun along the way.

Miss L, if you are serious about becoming a model and think you have got what it takes then go for it. I suggest that you consult with other Somalis who are in the business. If you are from Toronto, I heard there is a Somali model living there. Iman could also be helpful if you can contact her. I’ve seen her help aspiring Somali models. Check her web site www.i-iman.com Good luck and be careful!

Dear miss L

Let Me Tell You Lil som'in Som'in.....never In your Freaking Life listen to anyone? that is just lil advice..coz no-one knows what you want and no-one understands where you coming from, better than you DO!(I'M I right?) ,,,,If You want To be a MODEl and that is what you realy want...I would advice go an do It.....make It happen!! Is all about Freedom of choice......... cwm1.gif

------------------

QuuQ Badan Marabo Nooh!!!