Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Pls share stories of how your PARENTS got Married

Sareeda,

Allah ha u naxariisto your daddy. Also congratulations on your wedding anniversary dear. I hope you enjoy many, many more of them, Insha'Allah.

Honesita   

Oh god those stories r so sweet, i wish most marriages today are like the old ones....not madax wareer, ceeb iyo ceer...!!!

Anywayz...i heard this story from my mom of course...my dad passed away 12 years ago allaha unaxariisto.....my mom came from a pretty well known wealthy family....my dad came from a poor family....he had to drop out of college to support his brothers and sisters.....he saw my mom at her brother's house....and sent some1 to talk to my abti and see if my mom was interested...!! My mom of course said no....her reason was the guy is poor....my abti told her we got the money, he's got the akhlaaq and good reputation....so dont worry about it...i'm ur brother and i'll always got ur back...!! She agreed to get to know him....they talked for 3 months.....i have a picture of my mom and dad dancing together...she's like wearing a minni dress (she would of course kill me if she saw piece of my hair out now)...and they were not even married then...!! My uncle then said, sheekadiina tirada bay ka badatay...u guys r getting married...!! My mom still says she wasnt okey with it...but she said ok cuz my dad was nice and she loved her brother too much to say no...!! They had 6 boys and moi....then he passed away while my mom was still very beautiful....she never got married again...!! When i ask her if she loved my dad, she says isagaa ijeclaa...when u ask her why she neva got married again...she says she wants to be with my dad in jannah insha allah...!! Is that love or what...!!!

Ya'll parents r really young...getting married in the 70's and 80's...my mom and dad got married in 1968.....she was 25 and he was 28...!!! My mom says nothing is wrong with getting married at 25..for me...but i say hell freeze over...!!

Salaamz