Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Pls share stories of how your PARENTS got Married

Cawralo   

I honestly dont know. I honestly dont want to know. Eww. My parents are happily divorced.

Apparently, most children whose parents are divorced are somewhat traumatized. I guess I am the proof of how wrong that is ;) Infact, I've comed to see divorce as a natural part of life.

My dad was the head of Hargeisa hospital and mum worked there as a nurse. She was a fighter and in his office constantly. Fell in luv ===> Married.

king_450   

7 S 2 H, no you are right not to talk about family matters in public.Since when it become allright to wash your family laundry in public. IMHO , i will never trust those of you who told family stories in public,how insecure y'all.

Curly   

What's there to tell?!! My mum is way too old fashion to talk about love, they think it's ceeb (sad init!)

Anyways my mum was 16 and she was given away to my dad who still won't reveal his real age to this day! My mum says he was around 31 then so i guess...thats nothing short of peadophilia...lol

But that was in 1970 and i guess my parents love each other enough to still be together.

Well...it was a typical day in badiya.

My daddy *such a handsome man he was back in his days*. It was love at first sight. Abo saw hooyo as she was getting biyo from the village ceel. His jaw dropped to the floor as he saw the beauty that was (and still is) my mother. She laughed at his clumsiness as she walked away. Abo was left standing there wiping away dhareerka from his mouth.

So like a tiger on the prowl...he watched her from a distance for a whole month because he was too embarassed to approach her. finally his brother gave him the courage and so the families met and asked for hooyos hand in marriage. The two weeks later, a small wedding was arranged and abo got to throw hooyo over the shoulder and take his bride home.

She didn't come cheap you know...afar geel, labo ceri, sadax dameer and he threw in a few doroo as a gesture of good will.

BARFACT KAPUL :cool:

Qac Qaac   

What's there to tell?!! My mum is way too old fashion to talk about love, they think it's ceeb (sad init!)

Anyways my mum was 16 and she was given away to my dad who still won't reveal his real age to this day! My mum says he was around 31 then so i guess...thats nothing short of peadophilia...lol

But that was in 1970 and i guess my parents love each other enough to still be together.

How cadaan washed can u be.....ilaahoo na astur.

valerie   

My dad was a football player nicknamed Saaqa..he played for the wabeeri team back in the 70's..My mum was a big fan..and never missed a game he played..He says he liked her first time he saw her among the crowd..and chased her down..until..He met her parents and proposed..she was over the moon..Its been 29 years now..and they're still happily married...I am so proud of them...

Some1 find me a husband!!

LoL...CUTE stories... smile.gif

Erm...I dont know the whole story of how my parents met (my dad is a joka..I neva kno whether he's being serious or not when he tells the story), but from what I gleaned from random conversations over the years, it goes something like this ----->

Date: Late 1970s...

Mum: A beautiful, precarious and slighly-wild 23-year-old newly-qualified nurse...picture the huge soft afro, kohl-smudged eyes and them psychedelic dresses they used to wear back then (the pictures still make me go :eek: ).

Dad: A reserved, conservative 29-year-old doctor new to the country after spending the better part of his life in Russia. He never had a chance... :D

They met in Jawhar on some government project, and proceeded to fall in love, then my father's family contacted my mother's, and like any other sale, a deal was hammered out, the goods were exchanged and they were married a month later.

Do you want me to tell yall about the wedding too? (Oh how much I wish I still had the pictures...I lost them in Kismayo during qaxii.. :( )

Well, it was very simple...neither of my parents are fussy ppl (thats where I get it from ;) ). My grandma and great-grandma made the dress (a simple white off-the-shoulder silk dress). Mum had part of her hair clipped back with a flower and the rest free-flowing. Dad wore a light-blue suit with his usual afro. They looked really cute together. Or in the words of Qaxooti Kombuter Heshay they were a BARFACT KAPUL!

Alhamdulilaah they are still happily married 26 years later. Mansha'Allah...

Now lets all say 'aaaahhhhh' together. :D

7 Steps 2 wherever and King_450,

Its fine if u dont want to answer...just dont spoil it for da rest of us eh? :rolleyes:

Khayr,

Now that you have all these stories, wanna tell us what you want from them? Let me guess...

How many of us have gaalo for parents?...No?

Ok...erm...how many ppl were doing the dirty deed back in the 1960s and 70s?...No?

Well, shucks...what could you be looking for then? :confused:

Gabbal   

My parents had a Romeo & Juliet kind of episode, except no got hurt thankfully.

My parents come from two of the most respected and famous families in central Somalia. It was in that, that the two sides of my family were rivals, just like the Montagues and Capulets.

And when I say the two heads of the families, my grandfathers, were arch-enemies and deadly foes, I mean were arch-enemies and deadly foes!

My mom is one of the most beautiful women you will ever see in your life, and believe me when I say that I'm not just aying it because she's mom, but it's a fact. When Iman made Somalia famous, my mom was approached more then once to model for Italian and American firms. My mother however declined.

Anyways my father was a handsome enterprising businessman with several degrees when he first laid eyes on my mom as an adult. My parents were both in their early twenties and so they fell in love. My mom's father approved of a wedding, partly because he loved my mother more then his whole life, but her mom disapproved. My father's mother approved of a wedding, but his dad instead of just disapproving it threatened to disrupt it.

Whoa am I writing a whole thesis on it? Anyways my parents couldn't get married in Muqdisho, because of my grandfather, and couldn't get married in my family's non-city residence, because of my fathers relatives. So they married in Galkacyo, with my grandmother (father's mom), grandfather (mother's dad), and other consenting family members in attendence. Immediately after the wedding, they went for a month long trip to Italy only to come to Muqdisho airport with my grandfather (father's dad) waiting for them at the airport.

It was at that, that my grandfather took my mom, two chairs and sat them at the tarmac. My grandfather asked her how she, the offspring of his sworn enemy, had happened to snare his son. My mother answered with a witty reply and is so obvious of her, charmed him. After they were done talking, my grandfather kissed her, took her to my dad and said "Son had I seen her before you, I would gladly have married her."

I'm not a great lover of romance and other such, but I believe my parent's story to be the greatest love story of all.

lol   

I see in my absence I have missed out on this interesting post... anyways as usual I am late .. so here is my prarent's story.

My dad was my mother's teacher at school. He used to give her private tuition at home. And behind my grandmas back they did their lil thing( mind you my grandmother died Allahu raxma wondering how they did their shukaansi without her knowing :D ). Anyways my mother's grades were booming and her teachers suggested that she go to Hargeisa Nursing school in 1972. When my mother told her mother about it, My grandma said, " Dhul dheer oo aanan aqoon gabarteyda ma u diraayi". My mother was born and raised in Jamame.. so you can imagine the distance. So this is where my father stepped in. He is education freak. So he asked for my mother's hand and did the nikaax. In this way my mother's responsibility would be his. He then bought her, her first plane ticket to Hargeisa. She still talks about the experience. My mother finished her Nursing diploma and in August 28 1974 they were married in Mogadishu. No hassles. And this year their will celebrate their 30th Annniversary. Walaahi you guys should see them, upto today they act like they r dating. And I think that is where I got my romanticism from. :rolleyes:

OG_Girl   

Ooooh so sweet stories . Some made me so emotional for real.

Just wondering like Bee what he wants from all those stories??!! :rolleyes:

All I can say my parents still in their honey moon after all these years

.. Masha Allah.

Salam