Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Pls share stories of how your PARENTS got Married

Khayr   

Salaamz,

hey I just wanted to know who some of the nomads and their parents got married. I'm curious to know and inshallah learn some new things from your stories, inshallah.

-Did your father see your mother at the house then asked for her hand in marriage from her Aabo?

-Where they 'Dating' and 'Sneaking Around' and then they got caught? So they got married?

-Was the marriage set up through family ties like cousins-marrying their cousins?

-Also, at what age did your mothers get married at?

No presumptions or hostile words, pls! smile.gif

Fi Amanillah

NGONGE   

My father was a little dhagacas who grew up in cadan. He went on holiday to Somalia and met my then 16-year-old mother; he was 26(damn those guys used to get away with murder). He chatted her up (as you do) and they declared their undying love to each other. Her parents refused to marry them, so, as was the custom in most such situations, they eloped! Over forty years later, she still teases him about tricking an innocent sixteen year old into marrying him.

These old people were brainwashed with all that romance stuff, man. redface.gif

Mowgli   

Well...actually hooyo was "in love" with someone, but my grandmother was against the union, and hooyo being the maskiinad she is agreed with her mothers wishes. Then ayeeyo suggested she marry my father, the young doctor that had recently returned from Europe (who had incidently been paying rather a lot of visits to the house lately).

Hooyo agreed, so at 22 she married my father who was 25...but being two extremely different people...the marriage didn't last very long

Liqaye   

lool at Xalimo [i hope that piece of bile made you a happier person]

Khayr bro i will paint you a picture,

Paris

Mother representing womens JUDO team of djibouti

Daddy representing Karate team of somalia

She liked his spin kick and he could not keep his eyes off her footwork.

Love at first injury.

my mom and dad run away together to another country and got married then came back to kenya and lived happily ever after. well happily in my eyes cuz i have neve seen my parenst argue or get in a fight. Isn't that funny, cuz i know couples get into once in awhile. but somehow somali families manage to hide it. Atleats the ones i know

my father used to hang out with my mother's brother and they where good friends so one day my father came to my mom house he wanted to chit chat with he's friends but lakiin he wasent there so he got a chance to get to know my mother and it took them few yrs laiter on when my mom turned 16 my lovely dad god rest hes soal in peace he is gone now and he asked my awowe to marry my mom so till 2000 they where happy couples. so i cant wait mine how it gon turn on.

Miriam1   

My parents meeting was very..let me say..normal..my dad was in vacation in east africa and met my mother through family..end of story..However my grandparents had the best meeting ever..My grandmother, was sent to live with some family in eastafrica, my grandfather who was in the transport bizness at the time..hang around the airport or bus terminal(not quite sure) he saw my ayeeyo..fell in love.. and not knowing who she was..he couldnt loose the chance, so he followed her to her relatives house..found out who she was..and went next day..with pomp and all the necessary jesters to ask for her hand !

pearl   

my parents are second cousins.....no intros there..my dad proposed 3 times before she accepted it....the first 2 times she was like "oh ur my cousin...shoo go away"....but my dad was persistent and it paid off...who could resist such a smooth talker...they have been married for 34yrs.....at the time my mom was 20 and my dad was about 26....and to this day he still calls her "macaanto, i love u soo much"(in somali)... and her pet name is timiro(sweet dates)...i make fun of her all the time....finito..

yo! my dad was a chicken, he sent his older bro and waited for 3 weeks. they told him to come after 3 weeks yall! thats why i call him chicken and he hates it!lolol..!!

when he did his time, they said yes! now u can have her!! voila!!lolol..but my uncle tells me that he was crazy in those 3 weeks! he was always pushing my uncle...yo bro! whats the deal now!! my uncle told him, relax homie...she coming aigt patience dude!!

dang! he got it easy! i had to wait longer! namean! east coast n west coast!! parents coming from overseas! i hate u eastc in summer! that place is hot n humid!!!

u appreciate unification when its done the proper way! i never thought that i will go that way, namean, talking to her family n stuff! but i felt in love with family too! so, it was a win win situation!!! specially, the dad! homie was sent from above!! he was a true gentleman!! yo! he got me out of some crazy situations!!lolol..

Qac Qaac   

edeb daranidaa, maxaa waxaad rabtaa in aad ogaatid sida ay waalidkayga isku guursadeen? lool

anyways, well he saw her, talked to her got her interest, then went to her family, which then gave her to him... simple as a b c.

MD   

My mothers next door neighbour was my fathers family..they grew up in the same neighbourhood..knew each other well, the two mothers were good friends..that's how they met. My father came and proposed and my mom said yes. My mom at the time she was 23 and my father was 25. smile.gif

chubacka   

We asked my mom SO many times to reveal the story of their marriage but my mom gets this look on her face like she is trying to desperately conceal a smile...I think that says more than any words ;)

my mom was 18 my dad was 30.

they shukansi'd a bit, didnt get caught, but abbeh asked for hoyos hand in marriage soon after.

in december they celebrated their 30th anniversary together.