Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Court revives lawsuit against former Somali PM

Originally posted by *Ibtisam*:

^^^Every criminal, regardless of his current position, if he is guilt needs to answer for his crimes, if not a court should clear them. The heros of today cannot be the criminals of yesterday.

It is easier said than done. The Geo Dynamics and inter(intra)clan politics of the Somali,just over powers and trancsends all things "justice" :(

Che,The Late Cigaal & the SNM,obviously,chose a different path when Riyale was brought in.

^Legitimized by the elites of Hargeysa, I'm sure average Somali in the north would wanna get a piece of Riyaale...You gotta love it from notorioys NSS operative to a president.

Ibtisam   

Only people who can ever legitimise a criminal is the individuals who they killed or their families, I must have missed that conference. I could not believe people in Boroma could not find a better candidate. Accudubililah. If it was not for the sake of peace worshipping, the average northerner would be in arms, but only a fool fights.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

^Some people believe,that,the only reason why this guy is targeted,is,because he DOES not have a powerful clan to back him.

Sadly,it just looks like that(even though he was part and parcel of a regime that killed somalis). Still,it is hard to defend a war criminal,but,i think it is only fair to prosecute the rest of ALL powerful ministers and security agents as well.

What would his clan do to help him in AMERICA, saaxib? You think if the late president of the Somali Republic was in America today these same people would not be gunning for him now? ;)

I believe it to be a pointless witch-hunt. Idealistic people who demand the punishment of all warlords, former generals and perceived criminals either do not understand politics or are too bitter to understand.

Ibtisam   

^^^It is called wishful thinking and slight bitterness that someone can change their colours in 20years. It is like saying Hitlers high ranking men are commanders in Isreal.

What would his clan do to help him in AMERICA, saaxib? You think if the late president of the Somali Republic was in America today these same people would not be gunning for him now?

I believe it to be a pointless witch-hunt. Idealistic people who demand the punishment of all warlords, former generals and perceived criminals either do not understand politics or are too bitter to understand.

Not much really. But,they are using it.[using the minority card that is] and frankly,it kind of raises a flag,when the ONLY minority in that govt is being witch hunted. Where are the rest of the top generals who belong to the major clans?[Dont answer it,just think of it].

I agree,it is pointless witch hunt to go after war criminals. And it even becomes more wildly pointless to go after ONLY ONE of these criminals.

Ps. I doubt if Siyad Barre would've been witch hunted. He lived a good number of years before he died & NO ONE dared even mention anything. Right? smile.gificon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^You miss Afweeney??? :confused: I find that hard to believe, miss you are follow Abshir Bacaadles process of "Duuqi lagama risaanin wa loo taarsaadey taalinikii taaciada dheera" icon_razz.gif (Sorry, hope you can read that

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by nuune:

^^^ And he was in Lagos, or Abuja in a presidential Palace.

Odeyga waa loo xiisey wallee
:D

Aloow kuu naxariisay dheh...Indeed odayga waaloo xiisay!

NGONGE   

Ibti,

For all his faults, he kept them all as one. Plus even the finger of blame was pointed in one direction. Now (and reading half of what you wrote in this thread alone), your finger of blame resembles a bloody helicopter. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^Yes, but he was the daddy of it all. Kept them ALL at one, you mean kept 40% under his foot, 20% up his as*s and 40% aaf kaa suubag yaar loo maariyeh. Please, the means he used to keep them at ONE, is the cause of these fights in the last 20yrs, the distrust and hate he engineered is why everyone is stuck to their clan.