Sign in to follow this  
La Fidele

Zionism vs. Judaism

I recently posted an article from the Globe and Mail titled "Zionism doesn't define Jews - it divides us" (http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/PEstory/TGAM/20021212/COMATE/Headlines/headdex/headdexComment_temp/2/2/5/)which goes along the lines of opposing the radical groups in Israeli politics that found themselves on Zionism. I understand that some Jews oppose the inhumane tactics of occupying Palestine, after all it's human to empathize. But after reading an article on Islaam.com, "Christian & Jewish Beliefs Regarding The Return Of The Messiah and Plots Against Masjid Al-Aqsa", (http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=504) I myself am confused. Is Zionism a political ideology all its own, or does it base itself solely on fulfilling Jewish prophecies of the coming of the Messiah?

Who knows saxiib. I no that as we speak the conintue to carry our 'urgent mentance work' under the Masjid Al-Aqsa claiming that their repairing some old drainage systems. The last i heard is that they hope that some time in the future that the masjiid could collapse on its own wait. well this is the intentions anyway.

So i hope that answers your question.

Thanks for responding, Shujui. I just find it extremely disheartening to see politics motivated by things other than politics! Especially in this case, where Israeli politicians use politics as a scape-goat to achieve some disillusioned end. What is most hurtful is that it is at the direct cost of Islam.