Sign in to follow this  
The Rocks Chick

Wedding Planner

I think we should have a Wedding Planner for somali community.

what y'all think about that? cause I have seen alot of good weddings spoiled because of unorganization " by that I mean, so and so was supposed to do that", but if there is a wedding planner it is their job to see to all the minor and major details.

Just a thought.

xoxox

Kool_Kat   

aahahahaaaahaaaaaaaaa, a WEDDING PLANNER, for Somalis... I don't think so... We Somalis can't afford no Wedding Planner... As is we are always on a tight budget... Some of us can't even afford to have one, yet they do it any way, cuz everyone else is doin' it... It's said "Meesha ka muuqo ama ka Maqnoow"... But do we do that, noooo... We have Heblaayo doin' onething, and Heblaayo kale doin' another thing... It is total KIOS...

But Chick I agree with you, there should be at least one person or a couple of ppl doin' the planning instead of having everyone plan the damn thing... Anyway, i don't even know what I am writing... Hold on let me check what I on today...lol

I think a wedding planner is a good idea....but that might still not be enough to sort out Somali weddings. There will be far too much interference from every direction.

Still a good idea though. smile.gif

Oocyte   

We sure do need Somali wedding planners but they should also be trained how to tell other ppl not to interfere their business. I dislike when every eeddo, habaryar, adeer, or abti etc.. in weddings wanna do things on their own though they are guests not the hosts!

Baydan   

Gosh we need that! Lol however did you come up with that? but like KoolKat said is too expensive unless there is going to be a sister from the community Somali that is, who understand our plight (being qaxootis not having money etc.) and wont charge that much money :D

Great topic.

OK! what's up with " too expensive", like pple dont spend alot of money already........please.

I am almost sure that a great weddin' can be planned without all that outrageous amount of money somalis spend for 3hour weddin'.

The professional wedding planner have so many connections and "rukun dad u ah" that they can rent banquet hall for less and dinners for less and the cakes for even less money.

Maybe the fee for the Weddin' Planner would be high cause she/he would be doing most of the job, but if the weddin' turns out fabolous.....I doubt anyone would remember how much they had to buy for it all.

xoxox

Rock's chick: I know eh, somalis spend way more money on jewelery and furniture than anything else. So why not invest in a good wedding planner who can meet your expectation at the price range that you can afford.

Personally, I'm bored seeing the same old thing at weddings and it seems to me like every1 is copying the style of another.

A wedding planner doesn't have to be a person who's foreign to somali culture but one of our own. I think its a good idea. I wouldn't hire a wedding planner, cuz am my own!!! lol.

Kool_Kat   

I can only think of one Somali person who would make a great Wedding Planner, my older sister... That girl is something... She has a thing for fashion, style, and creativity...

Just my thought...

well in the odd case that i do get married the only ppl that would plan my wedding are my sister and a friend of mine, gosh those two gals can wipe out crazy ideas and they definitely know my personality type so i don't have to describe myself to them so they would know what i like and don't like.

i would definitely urge somali ppl to use wedding planners, and to have wedding rehersal just the basic even of how to walk in and what is suppose to be done during the entery of the wedding place.

that's my 1 1/2 cents on this topic.