Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Jeneraal Maxamed Siciid Xirsi Morgan oo Muqdisha soo gaaray

Well, nomads things could get heated up in Mogadishu. Let us see what happens when the USC's number one enemy goes to Mogadishu and tries to make a speach at the stadium. lol

Jeneraal Maxamed Siciid Xirsi Morgan oo Muqdisha soo gaaray

By A. D. Elmi Posted to the web 03-03-2004, 18:13:40

Muqdisho:-Jeneraal Maxamed Siciid Xirsi Morgan oo ka tirsan golaha SRRC, kana mid ahaa hoggaamiyayaashii ka soo carooday shirka Kenya ee ku sugnaa magaalada Jawhar ee gobolka Shabeelaha Hoose, ayaa lagu soo waramayaa inuu si qarsoodi ah ku soo gaaray magaalada Muqdisho.

Wararka ayaa sheegaya in Jeneraalku uu marti galin ka helay mid ka mid ah ganacsatada waaweyn ee waqooyiga magaalada Muqdisho, waxaana lagu wadaa in dhowaan uu Jen. Morgan iyo hoggaamiyayaal kale ay hadal ka jeedin doonaan garoonka kubadda cagta Istaadiyoo Koonis ee magaalada Muqdisha.

Dhinaca kale, warar ku dhow dhow golaha samatabixinta Qaranka Soomaaliyeed oo iyagu siyaasad ahaan aad uga soo horjeeda golaha SRRC, ayaa sheegaya in ay wadaan abaabul ku saabsan sidii looga hortagi lahaa in halkaas ay ka hadlaan Jen. Morgan iyo hoggaamiyayaasha kale.

A. D. Elmi

Puntlandpost, Muqdisho, Soomaaliya

Warmoog   

Originally posted by Jaamac_Bootaan:

This is the good thing of Somaliland; they bring other Somalis closer together with their criminal idea of seccesion!

If by that you mean, a few hungry warlords who would otherwise be drinking each other's blood now have a common cause (i.e. to 'get Somaliland')... then I would agree. But all the talk of Somaliland is a good way to make people forget about the many problems eating away at Somalia's core, is it not? Instead of preoccupying their minds with what's happening on the other side of the Horn, people need to fix the problems within their midst. They should start by getting rid of Morgan and others like him.

BTW - I've heard the pro-Somaliland camp's case for wanting to separate. Please do explain how you think it's 'criminal'...

Salaamz.

No yasmine, that's not what I meant.

And it's criminal in the sense of that first of all you guys are abandoning your Somali brothers in a way. It's also Somaliland whom drove a wedge between you and the rest because of Somaliland depicting the rest of the Somalis as cannibalistic savages.

Second, Somalia's territorial integrity and sovereignty is sacred and not to be questioned and Somaliland is part of that. Every Somali has agreed on that and supposed unresearched genocide is not a valid argument, looking at other peoples like Tamils, Kurds, Tutsis and sofort.

But if you would understand then the Hargaysa goverment calling itself Somaliland wouldn't imprison Buurmadow, king of a local clan, and would accept giving people the choice to be against the existence of Somaliland and to question it.

Not to mention that all the arguments given to support the Somaliland case and serve as a pilar of the Somaliland existence have all been crushed by neighbouring PUNTLAND. To give you some examples:

- "Somaliland is the only peaceful and developing region in Somalia."

FALSE!!!, Puntland develops just as much or even better and like Somaliland had only some minor military clashes within the entity.

- "Somaliland has been the only people in Somalia to be massacred and discriminated against by the southerners."

FALSE!!!, Puntland people have been facing genocide, repression and discrimination since day one of Siyaad Barre's reign. While Puntland was neglected and repressed, the present day Somalilanders enjoyed peace and stability and were staunch supporters of Siyaad Barre's military dictatorship. Puntland even warned that this would be also the fate of Somaliland since the military dictatorship followed the agenda of a certain group of tribes.

Ironically Somaliland elders responded by saying that such statement is not true and that Siyaad Barre and his clan were noble and knightly. The Somalilanders would never be repressed they said.

That Puntlanders were repressed was no reason for them to oppose Siyaad Barre, shows there ethnocentrism. Now if Somalilanders didn't give a thing about other people dying then why would other people in the whole wide world feel sorry for Somalilanders.

When I have time I'll talk about the neglection of Sool and Sanaag regions primarily inhabited by people related to Puntlanders and the lies and deceits of socalled Somaliland.

I can go on and on and on, but I rest my case for now!

Warmoog   

“…first of all you guys are abandoning your Somali brothers in a way.”

Firstly, I don’t recall referring to myself as a Somalilander, do you? But you can keep making assumptions if that floats your boat. Secondly, I think many Somalilanders would be quick to point out that they were 'abandoned' long ago.

“Somalia's territorial integrity and sovereignty is sacred and not to be questioned…”

To be honest, this statement itself is questionable. If you recall, Somaliland and Somalia proper were once under separate colonial rule. And before union, legal contracts were agreed upon by both regions. One of the reasons why Somalilanders are calling for independence is because parts of that agreement were violated by Siyaad Barre’s regime.

“Every Somali has agreed on that and supposed unresearched genocide is not a valid argument, looking at other peoples like Tamils, Kurds, Tutsis and sofort.”

I fail to see what Tamils and Tutsis have to do with this issue, so I won’t comment on them. But if I were you, I would refrain from denying the genocide which took place. Not only are those remarks false, they do absolutely nothing to help the Somali Weyn cause. But if you want proof … you simply can start by taking the veil of prejudice off your eyes and opening them to the truth. Do you not have friends or acquaintances that lived in Somaliland during the 20 years of Siyaad Barre’s rule? If yes, then I suggest you have a chat with them about what they or their relatives experienced. And as far as it being “unresearched” as you put it, there is actually an investigating body known as the War Criminals Committee in Somaliland which is compiling research on the genocide as we speak.

“…present day Somalilanders enjoyed peace and stability and were staunch supporters of Siyaad Barre's military dictatorship.”

If you want to talk about anything being ‘criminal’, let’s start with the logic of this statement. It alone proves you know next to nothing about the long list of grievances presented by Somalilanders in the case for their independence. Whether they want to admit it or not, Somalis know that Siyaad Barre only helped those of his tribe. He, his in-laws, and those close to them were the only beneficiaries of that regime and their interests lay mainly in building/modernizing the south while the north remained in shambles. For instance, until Somaliland broke away, I think there was only one major road in there and it was built by the British during colonial times. But Jaamac, you can make whatever claims you want. I could even claim Somalilanders made a pact with the devil and they’re currently building a space station with him on mars. But without proof… hopefully, you see where I’m headed with this.

“Puntland even warned that this would be also the fate of Somaliland… Ironically Somaliland elders responded by saying that such statement is not true and that Siyaad Barre and his clan were noble and knightly.”

Jaamac, the conversations you have in your head don’t necessarily reflect reality. And as far as the rest of your post in concerned, it appears you’re simply making your case for how great Puntland is… and I’m not surprised… so by all means, go right ahead.

Salaamz.

well, i believe they were alot of killings there!

i tellya some of my relatives who were mowed down there like animals!

but then, they were genocides also in the south!

and r still going upto today! ce what i am saying!

however, but one side to claim it as de facto, is lil bit of the top! i mean, u go to hargesia, i betchya, even the unborn babes in the tommies r trained to blabber this on queue!

the reason is cuz the warlords in hargesia do this to distract ppl from their horrible rules~

Originally posted by Yasmine:

Firstly, I don’t recall referring to myself as a Somalilander, do you? But you can keep making assumptions if that floats your boat. Secondly, I think many Somalilanders would be quick to point out that they were 'abandoned' long ago.

Sorry if I assumed you were a Somalilander, no need to cry yasmine!

Don't bring the cruel actions of Afweyne in the hands of the Somali people, if you've read well than you knew that Puntlanders were abandoned long before.

To be honest, this statement itself is questionable. If you recall, Somaliland and Somalia proper were once under separate colonial rule. And before union, legal contracts were agreed upon by both regions. One of the reasons why Somalilanders are calling for independence is because parts of that agreement were violated by Siyaad Barre’s regime.

You're acting like the two Somalilands never coïncided (sorry for using fancy words) Siyaad Barre was president of both Somalilands, not just Southern Somalia, not to mention the support given to the Siyaad Barre regime by the Somalilanders.

I fail to see what Tamils and Tutsis have to do with this issue, so I won’t comment on them. But if I were you, I would refrain from denying the genocide which took place. Not only are those remarks false, they do absolutely nothing to help the Somali Weyn cause. But if you want proof … you simply can start by taking the veil of prejudice off your eyes and opening them to the truth. Do you not have friends or acquaintances that lived in Somaliland during the 20 years of Siyaad Barre’s rule? If yes, then I suggest you have a chat with them about what they or their relatives experienced. And as far as it being “unresearched” as you put it, there is actually an investigating body known as the War Criminals Committee in Somaliland which is compiling research on the genocide as we speak.

If you don't see the comparison between Tamils and Tutsis on one side and the Somalilanders on the other, I suggest you spend some time in the library! I never denied the genocide on the Somalilanders, I only said there are many doubts about some claims of the genocide procedure. It's not ackward if there are massgraves of innocent people from West-Somalia welcomed in Hargaysa by Siyaad Barre.

Like I said I've no prejudice I speak the truth, I'm angry when people like you neglect the fact that Puntlanders didn't have an easy ride either! FYI when I'm with Somalilanders, genocide is not the most popular topic when we're playing soccer or just hanging out.

And about the research on the genocide, without a broadbased goup of Somali people participating I'll regard the socalled research as biased.

If you want to talk about anything being ‘criminal’, let’s start with the logic of this statement. It alone proves you know next to nothing about the long list of grievances presented by Somalilanders in the case for their independence. Whether they want to admit it or not, Somalis know that Siyaad Barre only helped those of his tribe. He, his in-laws, and those close to them were the only beneficiaries of that regime and their interests lay mainly in building/modernizing the south while the north remained in shambles. For instance, until Somaliland broke away, I think there was only one major road in there and it was built by the British during colonial times. But Jaamac, you can make whatever claims you want. I could even claim Somalilanders made a pact with the devil and they’re currently building a space station with him on mars. But without proof… hopefully, you see where I’m headed with this.

I feel sorry for you, because of your ignorance. Somaliland region has not been neglected till the beginning of the 80s otherwise the SNM would be founded long time ago.

Siyaad Barre's preference treatment of his clan was a very gradual process and started to accelerate after the april 1978 coup attempt by Puntlanders. FYI, Siyaad Barre wasn't popular till the West-Somalia war in 1977 for nothing!

Don't insult me with making up claims during my precious time! I've told facts that can be checked, besides that Somaliland only had one road is a downright lie!..The highway triangle existed long before Puntland even had a road. That road in Puntland was only made to clear clan territory for better access for Siyaad Barre's dreaded elite red berets.

Jaamac, the conversations you have in your head don’t necessarily reflect reality. And as far as the rest of your post in concerned, it appears you’re simply making your case for how great Puntland is… and I’m not surprised… so by all means, go right ahead.

I've responded to you in a polite manner and took time to explain things to you. Accusing me of having hallucinations is pathetic and weak! If you see my post as a praise to Puntland than I feel sorry for you...maybe I waisted my time and you're just not worth my 2 cents. You tell me if I'm wrong.

Nasir   

Jamaac calm down , and stop insulting the sis, if you can't handle the truth go crawl back under the rock you came out off.

Morgan in Mogadishu, not a big deal he is a Somali and its a Somali city IN FACT its the capital. Whats the difference between Morgan and Ghani [who lives in Mog] and Abdiqasin who is presidnet of parts of Mog? the difference is nothing

Warmoog   

If you don't see the comparison between Tamils and Tutsis on one side and the Somalilanders on the other, I suggest you spend some time in the library!

Again, I don’t see what Tamils and Tutsis have to with do Somali issues. I can understand why you would want to draw a comparison between those situations. But I think Somali issues are complex enough and there’s no need to make them even more confusing by bringing the problems of other African nations and South Asians into the equation.

I've responded to you in a polite manner and took time to explain things to you.

Oh, is that a fact? Let’s see... among other things you’ve called me ignorant, weak, and pathetic. If that’s your definition of the term polite, I suggest you look it up again. I usually keep my negative comments to myself, but since you started the personal attacks...

I think you have extremely distorted views. Your so-called ‘facts’ have more holes in them than a homeless man’s shirt and you’re oddly fond of getting off-topic, confusing your already incomprehensible blabber with that of completely unrelated issues. And to top it all off, you seem to believe that every thought you present is pure and undeniable truth... so you get all hot and bothered when someone opposes your views, saying they’re wasting your “precious time”. Not to mention the fact that your posts seem to lack every hint of the slightest forethought, making your views seem impulsive and completely narrow-minded. Later, when people point out your fallacies, instead of accepting your mistakes and taking the heat like a mature human being… you edit your posts and deny it all. This forum has a close community and people like you are hard to miss, so don’t make me laugh. You’ve been taking a crap on every corner of SOL politics since you joined. You’re one of the most irrational and misinformed individuals I’ve ever had the misfortune of coming across on the net. If you can’t take criticism and are looking for zombies who’ll nod in agreement with every word you write, then don’t bother interacting with humans... get a pet. I’m getting tired of responding to your unbelievably senseless posts and your irrationality seems boundless, so I’ll save the rest of my by words for a more worthy cause.

Salaamz.

Deeq A.   

Jamac Bootaan, please stop the personal attacks on our webiste.

This is you last warning. The next time we see you using namecalling and personal attacks, we would have no choice but to ban you from Somalia Online.

You write pages of arguements and then ruin everything with one word of an insult. You need to calm down and state you case in a civilized manner. No need to get personal with the nomads who don't agree with your line of reasoning.

Admin

Somalia Online

Yo Admin, check what yasmine writes about me. She calls me a blabbermouth, narrowminded, irrational & misinformed. Is this double-standard or what?

My fists are itching, but you guys need to discipline that girl. She had the option to look beyond the namecalling and confront my arguments, but she confronted the way I treated her. Wich shows that I won the debate!