Sign in to follow this  
Fyr

Responding To Abdillahi Yusuf’s Plea, ONLF Fighters Arrive In *********ia

Originally posted by Maahir:

But my Question to you is Do u think the people of LA would agree the comparison of LA to Kashmir??

Btw, Hargeisa and Garowe are one the former Somali Repulic cities and so is LA.God Help

sxb i don't know whether they would agree or not. what i know is that all those massive problems be in Kashmir or NI or Badme started small arguement of some sort and they end up unsolveable international crisis. Kashmir was under brithish colonial power so India and Pakistan. there were no problems under british rule. the problem started after creation of Pakistan. in similar tokan LA problem started after distruction of the Old union and the creation of Somaliland. that is where similarities come to play.

DraGon   

By Bashi

Aahh. If only they had you in 1988.

I usually don't participate in politics in this forum, but i find the above remarks very INSULTING. There is nothing funny nor that will justify what happened in 1988.

As a Somalilander I will not support the government of Somaliland for a day if they dare to attack LA (there own citizen)and use "they hiding under civilians" as an excuse.Thats not how to treat your own citizens/people.

Thumbs up to Slander government for the restraint they have showed so far.

BN   

Originally posted by AYOUB_SHEIKH:

Bari, their destination is not Las Caanod.

Good. At least someone knows where this phantom army is going. NOW, would you mind telling them?

Originally posted by DraGon:

There is nothing funny nor that will justify what happened in 1988.

No one is justifying what happened in 1977-78, 1988-89, or 1990-91. And no one should also be justifying the SNM for using civilians as 'human shields' in Hargeisa or Burco--which is against international law. People like Ayoub call this a 'Milestone' and a 'victory'--rather then a criminal act.

Sophist   

Odweyne, waxay ilatahay inaan bilaabo, abtey baratee indha jabi! then again that would be too bloody to the likings of your ilk-- since such a thing would result loosing of dignity; if any were to be had ;)

Laakin, mawaxay kula tahay inaan kuu jawaabayyo!?

Rabow dadkaan usahal! walaahi rabi aan ku dhaartey hunqaaco ayaa iqabata meeshan waxa kuqoran markaan mararka qaarkood akhriyo!.

Dhalintaan, waryaaraheen, waxaad kufiican tihiin, general, jokes and women section. Kobtaan raga qaarkiis marada ayaa kaga dhacdey.

Thus Spake I

Originally posted by Sophist:

Kobtaan raga qaarkiis marada ayaa kaga dhacdey.

Ilaahow ceeb astur.

Sophist, saxib reer hebel vs reer hebel has always been here on the politics section more so as a carefully worded rhetoric, but the on-going semi-open tribal insults stemming primarily from the new Somaliland/Puntland tension over SS&H region is in the process of taking the politics section towards a more familiar fadhi-kudirir destination on which the forum's mere integrity will be shipwrecked.

That should not and will not be allowed.

DraGon   

[quote: by Bashi

No one is justifying what happened in 1977-78, 1988-89, or 1990-91. And no one should also be justifying the SNM for using civilians as 'human shields' in Hargeisa or Burco--which is against international law. People like Ayoub call this a 'Milestone' and a 'victory'--rather then a criminal act.]

You are stillside stepping the issue here. What I am trying to say is whether SNM was using civilians or not still doesn't justify what the former somali govt or anyother government to kill its own citizens for that reason or any other reason for that matter. Government are supposed to take the higher moral position in case of insurgency and the preservation of lives is the ultimate goal.

Nevertheless I am surpprised that you dont share this sentiments. As i said it before it will be suicidal & immoral 4 slander authority to attack LA under the immoral excuse of "civilians are used as human shields". And if they did I will seize to support them.

BN   

Originally posted by DraGon:

You are stillside stepping the issue here. What I am trying to say is whether SNM was using civilians or not still doesn't justify what the former somali govt or anyother government to kill its own citizens for that reason or any other reason for that matter. Government are supposed to take the higher moral position in case of insurgency and the preservation of lives is the ultimate goal.

Nevertheless I am surpprised that you dont share this sentiments. As i said it before it will be suicidal & immoral 4 slander authority to attack LA under the immoral excuse of "civilians are used as human shields". And if they did I will seize to support them.

First, Its Bari not Baashi. Second, the SNM knew who they were dealing with--a ruthless dictator. They saw him attack his citizens in the Northeast in the 1970's(setting a precendent). This was not a government elected by the people or who cared about 'preservation of life' or takingt he 'higher moral position'. The Barre dictatorship also bombed Mogadishu when the USC entered it in 1990. No one should be absolving the Siyad Barre government/military OR the rebel groups(all of them) for their actions and crimes against Somalis.

BN

DraGon   

Bari

Sorry about the name.

First, Its Bari not Baashi. Second, the SNM knew who they were dealing with--a ruthless dictator. They saw him attack his citizens in the Northeast in the 1970's(setting a precendent). This was not a government elected by the people or who cared about 'preservation of life' or takingt he 'higher moral position'. The Barre dictatorship also bombed Mogadishu when the USC entered it in 1990. No one should be absolving the Siyad Barre government/military OR the rebel groups(all of them) for their actions and crimes against Somalis.

Dictator you said!!!! Yes indeed that to itself was a reason enough to overthrow him FYI ppl do not rise against just government....Nevertheless why try to justify and glorify actions of a dictator?????

Grinov   

nasra, maybe you should be banned. bari and smith and their somaliland counterparts, such as oodweyn, GayDEED and ayoup sheikh are here to promote their respective lalalalalalaland. :D:D:D :cool: