Sign in to follow this  
Umm al_khair

Marrying one after the other

Rahima   

I just need to know wat other sister think about being in this situation.. who will agree their huband to marry a second wife or third or even fourth wife in the space of few months or less.

I would.

Urgent Plea to SOLers!!!

Can someone volunteer to tutor Yo-Yo-ma on how to use the UBB code? It's becoming exceeding difficult to follow what he says and that as you'll all agree is a mammoth loss to all. So, all the in-house philanthropist and do-gooders, step forward please.

Shakti   

^^lol

I was told by a sheikh that those who disagree waay kibirsan yihiin and a decent sister who know her deen will agree

if u disagree, than u have kibir.. :D

Rahima   

Never saw as da sarcastic type.

One day a few years back before I had the pleasure of driving everywhere I had to wait for that darned public bus. Anyhow all I’ve got on me is a $50 note, the bus fare is about $2.00. The moron bus driver refuses to let me on on the grounds that he doesn’t have enough change for me. I got off in search of change. I walked into a bank, waited in line and like a good customer when called approached the teller explaining that I needed change for the bus. He asks me “Would you like that all in notes or coins?†Thinking that the idea of wanting the whole $50 in coins was so absurd (what would I do with 25 $2 coins?), I said sarcastically coins please. He left and returned with a bag full of $2 coins, I’m pretty sure I was staring at him oddly because he asked what the matter was. I told him I was being sarcastic since I needed coins only for a bus fare, to which he laughed (who knows, probably out of embarrassment) and went to get appropriate change. He handed me the change and mumbled something about the sarcasm of intelligent people (he was Indian- not a racist remark, but it explains what he thought was a pick up line).

Point to story, I’m very very sarcastic, to the point that people often think that I’m patronizing them, and really inside I’m as sweet as pie :D .

As for that,

Wouldn't know really, but might have beeen just a faint hope on my part

I told you, the “I would†thing was sarcasm- i'd suck him dry of any attained wealth and leave him with his new found love :D . Some people say they can live on just air and live- i'd love to watch the experiment :D .

^You tricked the poor man. That wasn't a sarcastic remark. First of all you added 'please' at the end - unless that was followed by some eye rolling or a noticeably fake voice, that sounds like an honest request on ur part to me!

Jacpher   

Did you thank that nice Indian? I doubt Yo-Yo would go back again and get you another change. Tough luck would've been his final answer.

Rahima   

^You tricked the poor man. That wasn't a sarcastic remark. First of all you added 'please' at the end - unless that was followed by some eye rolling or a noticeably fake voice, that sounds like an honest request on ur part to me!

It’s all in the expression Femme, believe you me I was very very sarcastic.

That said I told him I needed it to get home-for the freakin’ bus fare :rolleyes: . Common sense needed.

Did you thank that nice Indian? I doubt Yo-Yo would go back again and get you another change. Tough luck would've been his final answer.

Yo-Yo would get it for me again. I know things you don’t know Jimcaale ;) .

Rahima....Come on, The poor man could have easily thought you own a coin-operated laundry shop or car wash, granted Hindida Waad dad iska Nacam, nacam ah. They take everything at face value specially during dat first encounter.

Laakin Point taken though.

I hate sarcasm at the teller line.

Jimcaale....I probably would, but not without provoking her in some way. A good way to start a chit chat, wouldn't you agree ?

Socod....Didn't think there was anything dat would bother you, but tanug you for bringing dat to my intention.

is it haraam, to make your husband sign a

pre-nup? :confused:

one of my conditions of marriage(agreed upon before meher) would be that if he ever married again, i would be automatically devorced and because its no fault of mine, i get the house and the kids!!!! :cool: :cool:

^^

Make sure you use up all his money so that he cant get a second wife..j/k

I would think a marriage contract is like a pre-nup Allaaalim..If you and him agree to that then you can put it in there..But you cant make what has been halaal to him Haraam

^^^

im confused, i can put it in the contract, but there would be no point, because marriage is halaal and i cant make it haraam......so even if he agrees, he change his mind!!

i like the idea of rinsing his money so he cant afford a second wife....boy, my dowry will break his account!

is it true a man cant marry again till he pays your dowry?