Khadafi

A deep southerners perspective on conflict in SSC- The Decline of the seccionist project.

Khadafi   

Its not often that I comment on Somali politics. Gone are the days when tribal matters are commented upon. But something is happening within the SNM folks. Since the early 90-ties I remember how they created a revisionist history. Whille Barre-regime repressed every clan that opposed him, indeed the northeners benifted the most in cost of scholarships etc.  Hey, if you dont belive me, just look at deeply intrenched the seccionists were in Barres regime, beginning with Silaanyo to  Kaahin. 

Anyways. The old generation is dead. A new generation that feeds upon social media is on the vibe in the streets of hargeysaa. I am getting a sense of that the whole extremist secceionist politics is declining. Like it or not, 30 years has gone and even within the folks in Hargeysaa are realizing that while the world are unitiing and forming economic  unity, creating a tribal state is not feasable. The Elite knew about it, but the masses are now start to realize it. The Decline began a long time ago but could be really defined when southern Somalia  got rather better. Hey?

How could you speak about pan-somalism and unity when rape and brutal warlords were reigning in the ghost town of mogadishu in the 90-ties. 30 years later we are today seing a stabile federal government, not a perfect one, but bent upon making peace and fighting the khwaarij. Gone are the old days of warlordism.  SNM 3-city state enlcave seem to be stuck in history. The anti-somali  SNM extremists, and not the somali brothers  hargeysaa finally lost the major political card of displaying the card of  "we are the only most safest place in Somalia".  Like or not, it was not southetners who destroyed it but Muuse Biixi himself. A blood thirsty man who himself indulged in the civil wars of the north. I dont know what kind of political advisors these guys have but it seems that irrational politcal decisions are made at jaad-sessions. Why on earth attack SSC? 

I love metaphors, and think that the young generation really shows were things are going. Last year I attended the gradutuation of brothers son.  The Somali youngters at the school who were all friends were taking and all-somali picture. A gloomy kid came probably forced by his parents with the SNM flag.  Realing how every immigrant group, turks, morrocans and their own flag the parents saw the flaw in their plan. While looking from the distance I could see the old man telling his kid to give him back the flag and take the blue one.    In conclusion, 30 plus years is a long time. The Seccesionists extremist agenda died with   their biggest co-sponsor TPLF. Thousands of jobless of northern somalis are in mogadishu and enjoying the life and the seeing the reality  that no one really cares about your clan.  The SNM  extremist elements within the seccesionist movement are in decline. The nail on the coffin was the SCC folks who woke up, My question now is, whats really the end game? When will the hargeysaa ppl oust this warlord ghoust from 80-ties? Where are the moderates withiin the movement and the intellectuals who can see the defacto situation?   By the way,  As a southerner I was happy to see Somaliland in peace. Its tragic to see how  1 man bizarre tragic irrational warlordism is dragging the countrey to intra.tribal conflicts. Every somali knows that the most tribal prone areas or folks are Hargeysaa folks.     Intee ey socdeen? 

• Thanks 1

First of all ur biased u call somaliland a three city state. Where as somaliland controls all its six regions and their supposed capitals . Now and u call the so called bunker a government which is protected by 30000. African Union troops with. Out then they would not last a day in Mogadishu.  And the rest of ur nonsense is thst u said that afweyne liked us and we benefited from him it is u who benefited from afweyne since he build ur Mogadishu. Nothing was build in hargeisa . Second don’t tell me a few men had a job in his govt what is a wasir supposed to do that works for a regime that works only for a clan or a region. Why do u think Ahmed siilaanyo left and joined the snm . The afweyne govt systematically targeted a qabiil. Whether in Mogadishu  jazeera massacre ma xasuusata the carpet bombing of hargeisa with the 50.000 people dead over 400.000 fled to Ethiopia. Yea we had it great  under afweyne no better government really . Somaliland in the last thirty years it’s getting stronger we are fighting terrorists in laascanoood and they have been defeated . The same one u fighting . In the last thirty years we have rebuild somaliland it’s towns the berbera port is booming. We have established ties with the USA for the first time and 🇦🇪 who have an embassy in hargeisa first Arab country to do so. We receive much of our supposed aid separately  .

there is actually nothing we want that u have that is why we can never  share a govt or a country with u koonfurians we simply to different . U love to kill ur own people u love to be corrupted and steal aid money we share no values at all or traditions  no political culture it was a mistake even to unite with u in 1960 so u better move on and forget about us

I think you underestimate the people of Somaliland. We are not a three city clan enclave as the southerners like to think. We are a former British protectorate than joined Somalia in 1960. Xaaji is right about one thing, we don't share a similar temperament, with the south, when it comes to running a country. The corruption and mismanagement of Somalia is squarely on the shoulders of the D-block in Mogadishu. Somaliland is peaceful because we made peace a priority were the south descended into barbarism do not confuse the two.