Sign in to follow this  
Jaabir

Keep it real.. Do you really care about looks?

Like a lot of nomads have mentioned here. Honestly, looks in general is big picture. But if we narrowed it down it could mean how the person persents her/himself. Honestly, i have seen geniwine people who had great personalities but when it came down to things such as pleasant smile(breath), they had bad teeth, or bad breath. There clothing trends was out of date. The words of choice was little off. They lack confidence. Personally it's someone who doesn't take great care of her or himself.

I know alot of people when they say someone good looking it is mostly reffered to as someone who is more healthier looking, shiny hair, great healthy looking smile and good breath. Someone who has good hygiene, knows how to dress or atleast knows what looks good on him. Someone who takes good care of his phsycal appearance.

So to me, i know a healthy good looking person is someone who deffinatly takes good care of his or her physical appearance. Even if someone is an averange, with little help from orthodontist, maybe better care of themself...they can be turned in to will smith and beyonce knowels.

So yes, looks matter, looks are what makes people unique, what we look for when we are longing for a mate.

king_450   

with little help from orthodontist, maybe better care of themself...they can be turned in to will smith and beyonce knowels.

Are you serious , Who Are They?

Modesty   

asalaamu alaykum,

A person's height, weight, and features were made by Allah, and to call the creation of Allah 'ugly' is an ugly statement. You shouldn't judge a person by their looks but more by their hygiene, piety, and intellect. Looks are superficial, they're just a worldly commodity that will one day be buried.

Looks are what makes as unique, to me looks are essensial part of life. You want people to recognize you, you have to do your part then...u know what i mean........looks are what u make urself appear. NO one is talking about what mericful allah gave us. I think everyone looks good, it's the once who take care of them self...we normally say they look the Bomb.

MZanzi   

Originally posted by mis_Nasima:

Anyone that says looks don't matter is lying!

Naben benta mahan lakin haka tagin caqli iyo dabeecad iyo diin ;)

Modesty   

NO one is talking about what mericful allah gave us.

I am!

Finestsista I don't think I excluded the part about taking care of yourself, as I've mentioned 'hygiene' don't get me wrong I think it's important to take care of the grace Allah has given you, but at the same time islamically speaking when you're looking for a partner we shouldn't focus on the ever changing western(now also eastern, northern, and southern) culture beauty requirements, but rather on the beauty of their inner character smile.gif

I firmly believe that no matter how a person looks if their internal is beautiful, then it shines externally.

Originally posted by Modesty:

A person's height, weight, and features were made by Allah, and to call the creation of Allah 'ugly' is an ugly statement. You shouldn't judge a person by their looks but more by their hygiene, piety, and intellect. Looks are superficial, they're just a worldly commodity that will one day be buried. [/QB]

well, u right again sista! u cant judge a book by the cover! dont get brain washed by tv! please read or talk and discuss with your love 1 and peers! tv will only mess u brain!!

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Lakkad:

^^^You may Kiss the groom...

Adi get with the program nooh, the groom is supposed to kiss the bride, not the other way around! icon_razz.gif

Macalin   

Nafisa Said:

Adi get with the program nooh, the groom is supposed to kiss the bride, not the other way around!

Marriage ceremony is a Programme?. :D

Anyways have you nt seen Bridezillas?, women take charge these DAYS!..they kiss the Brooms..err Grooms

toronto   

well well'' accourding to me looks matters but he/she can be charming but the deep inside he /she is a rabish, the behaviours may be from good to worse, so lets connect looks with some thing, it can be the caring issue,respect,love, faith,e.t.c :cool: