Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Undesirable: Educated women.

winnie   

Are guys spoilt for choice? Having the luxury to choose,whilst girls wait until approached by the desirable kind,then and only then to make the choice..Whilst men,can mix and match until their heart desire..[just thinking out loud]..
smile.gif
[/QB]

i dont think so, but we have the mentality that we are supposed to wait to be picked... khadija, the mother of the believers, went out and chose her man (pbuh). the power to control our destinies (which Allah swt ultimately controls) is in our hands, but we concede it to the other side. there are a VAST number of good brothers, looking for marriage and some are comfortable with being the one taking the first step, but its a step that makes someone vulnerable, no matter the gender and social roles we play. i wish i could follow my own advice though. im the first to pull this card of "be in control" and "take ownership", but im a real chicken. im trying to overcome it though.

Blessed   

^Salaams honey... smile.gif

Here's the

, Ibty. :D

My dad used to tell us that getting educated meant certain types of Faraaxs wouldn't try it on. The kind with fixed notions of women and wotnot. Good riddence, I say. ;)

I overheard a conversation between two guys. and It went like this: Ninkii hebel ahaa naag fiican oo isku turjunta ayuu guursadey.

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

I overheard a conversation between two guys. and It went like this: Ninkii hebel ahaa naag fiican oo isku turjunta ayuu guursadey.

:D L00000L,Wallahi you are one funny fella smile.gif

Cara.   

LOL @ Blessed. That was fantastic. There's a whole bunch of them, who's this guy?

is relevant too I think.

"I withdraw my offer of sex and scuttle away in horror!" :D

Ibtisam   

Lool @ Blessed & Cara Harry Enfield Hehehe,

Haneefah How is it going?? ARe you hiding from work?? :D lol Indeed who cares smile.gif

Malika & Ms DD Girls get with the current times, there is not such thing as waiting on some dude to approach you! Maax iidin diinee? If you see something you like, add it to your shopping bag, until you see a better shirt, then take that one off the hanger and hang the old one up... :D ...lol just kidding

lol@ If you see something you like, add it to your shopping bag, until you see a better shirt, then take that one off the hanger and hang the old one up...

Finally I can die happy knowing I have converted you Ibt smile.gif:D

Kool_Kat   

Educated or not, it is all about 'calaf'...Calafkana allaa haya...

However, I've seen waaaaaaaaaaaay too many women with the 'I am educated; therefore, I am higher than others' mentality...And that is a very unattractive quality...Education can only take you so far in life...A lot of other things do count a lot more than just having an education...And if most educated women didn't think they are above and beyond others when they're educated, believe me, haduu calafkeedu galo mid fiican wey heli...

Also, horta why is it that when a woman reaches certain age and still doesn't have a man, they always come up with 1001 hideous excuses...Why can't it just be 'it is not her time yet' - OR - 'she hasn't found the 'right' one yet' - OR - 'it is her 'unattractive' qualities of islaweyne, dabeecad xumo, full of drama and etc.'?

N'way, just like education isn't everything in life, finding a man isn't either...

Is having a man a mandatory requirement to legitimize a woman’s existence?

kk- why call those reasons hideous excuses?

p.s this is why I always inform the woman liberation movement, that the obstacle to woman development is not a man it’s a woman….