Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Undesirable: Educated women.

underdog   

Originally posted by Zafir:

UD, Dude, I have been meaning to tell you that I have finally purchased George Forman’s grill, it’s the most excellent investment I have made since my electrical drill. I Love the damn thing so bloody much it’s becoming unbearable, wooohoo! I am getting excited just thinking about it and I have even boycotted bariis and baasto because they are ungrillable.

Welcome to the foreman club!

Originally posted by Ibtisam :

Underdog, education changes mind, attitudes and perspectives in life. It will affect your compatibility.

Ibti, education is a wonderful thing but I think the problem is how "we view" it. Some of us have a false sense of superiority attached to being educated. It seems women feel this way more than men.

The real problem is that an educated man may be fine with being attached to an uneducated woman. However, an Educated woman sees it as some sort of blasphemy to be associated with an uneducated man.

That sounds like a female problem and something those effected by that elitist mind-set should try to remedy. Wouldn't you agree?

Ibtisam   

Ibti, education is a wonderful thing but I think the problem is how "we view" it. Some of us have a false sense of superiority attached to being educated.
It seems women feel this way more than men.

The real problem is that an educated man may be fine with being attached to an uneducated woman. However,
an Educated woman sees it as some sort of blasphemy to be associated with an uneducated man.

That
sounds like a female problem and something those effected by that elitist mind-set should try to remedy.
Wouldn't you agree?

You've just proved the point of my thread. That there is this perception about women and how they respond to education, or rather how it changes some. smile.gif

Zafir, lol and Faheema someone who has never been inside a school can still be educated, while others who spend years in class rooms can still be *ahem* as Zafir said. :D

'

*Waves*Canno Geel

underdog   

That there is this perception about women and how they respond to education, or rather how it changes some.

Perception are available about everything, Ibti.

The point I'm trying to make is " There no concrete connection between a man/woman's education and being a good partner/parent

There's just peoples preferences and beliefs...and so so many myths:

* Educated people have better jobs which translates to better lives

* Educated people have a better understanding of how relationships should work

* Educated people won't embarrass you in front of other people

etc etc etc....

There's no book to teach character, integrity and decency, and that what makes all the difference.

Ibtisam   

Underdog, I agreed already that educated people does not mean school, indeed there are things you can never learn in school as you mention.

And yes I agree there are perceptions about everything, but what suprises me is to the extent in our community. This is because I our community could really do with a postive attitude towards education.

Faheema.   

^ So what are you saying...that memo needs to be in more detail? smile.gif

The hooyo's I have come across way ku faanaan caruurtooda jaamacadaha ku jira ama ka baxay, you can't get anymore positive than that huuno.

Malika   

The stereotypical question would be do men prefer dumb,sexy women to brainy plain Xalimo?

Do men marry down? meaning do they marry women whom are not their equals,in education,salary etc?

The above are stereotypicals,some hiden truth here and there..but in honest things have changed..Unless you meet a guy with an oversized ego,but majority of educated brothers now days would prefer to be with an educated sister.The benefits of this is evidently obvious.

I believe that any smart man/woman is looking for a best friend who will share his/her dreams for the future. In a smart people's ideal world, he/she'd be able to have dinner with his/her husband or wife and talk about what's going in at the office-his/her projects, his career-and ask her about hers in return. He/she is looking for some back-and-forth discussion, some advice, and a real sense of mutual engagement.

Now smart Xalimos can take hope - Scientists at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and the University of Pittsburgh have released a zany study on the zaftig, positing that men are drawn to hourglass figures not only because they look alluring, but because hips plumped up by omega-3 fatty acids could mean smarter women bearing smarter kids.....Halleluya! for those hips..[a joke!!] :D

So I wasn’t just being paranoid there was a memo sent out, I knew it :D

Someone mentioned something about educated men are okay with being uneducated women and not vise-versa…When a woman is looking to settle down, she is looking for a man who would provide for her and her future children, and living in western world a provider is a man who is employed in a profession…Now you can’t be an engineer or doctor or whatever without having an education…Right now in my state, there are people with masters’ degree and beyond applying for entry level jobs, because of the economy…So imagine where a guy who dropped out of high school or only has a high school degree would fall in such hard economical situation…Where as men when looking for a partner they look for qualities like good nature, humility, good cook, etc…He is not choosing her to provide for him therefore her academic education isn’t that important

I am sure a lot of parents are proud of their children’s both guys and girls accomplishment but maybe because men work with their degree more often than women do their education is valued more in the long run.

When I see an educated man who is pleasant and working hard to achieve something in his life, as a Somali woman, I feel proud of that…But the attitude and terms I have heard from men toward educated woman are like “expensive” “has too much high expectation” “unappreciative”

I think education is an empowerment for woman and a man should appreciate a partner like that rather than avoid.

Ibtisam   

^^Looool @ way back then. DO I care, you ask CL. Do you really want to know?? :D Waaxa ee kaa yiriah maaleeh.

Faheema, nice hooyo's you meet. smile.gif

Malika and SS; lol, right on.

Canno Geel * Shakes fist to borrow Val words* I cannot believe I missed that! :D

Ms DD   

I once tried to matchmake a guy with a sister who has finished her PhD thesis. He said 'stop trying to hook me up with a 'man'. This wasnt about her looks but about her education. Having said that men arent fussy about education as long as the girl comes with nice package i.e looks, family, education, those hips malika lol etc.

Malika   

^Lol..poor him,he felt insecured,he probably wanted to dazzle her with his vast knowledge of information only to find the sister knows more and probably in detail..Lol

Are guys spoilt for choice? Having the luxury to choose,whilst girls wait until approached by the desirable kind,then and only then to make the choice..Whilst men,can mix and match until their heart desire..[just thinking out loud].. smile.gif

Buuxo   

hee maniisheegino gabadho? waxaan baranaa iyo guribaan dhaqanaa ma sooconeeyso. midlee meesha ka baxeeyso. ;)

Ms DD   

alika

yup..spoilt for choices. A cousin of mine cant decide who to get married to as he says 'what if I get married and better girl comes along'. Therefore doqon calafkiisa kama faa'iideysto. They end up being old and lonely with no hair.

Nephissa   

Most men are unfairly labeling the educated girl as spoiled, hard to impress, ungreatful and having a superior attitude. There are some educated girls that are as humble as mother Theresa. I've met some uneducated beauties that are naag enough to have their men under their thumb. He does one thing that reminds her of a behavior she doesn't like and he's gone, whooosh! there's no fixing it. You f-ed up and that's it. One strike policy. They have them by the balls wallee..

Ibtiyeey, you just have to find the man who's comfortable being an equal. That's the challenge I guess.