Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Undesirable: Educated women.

MZanzi   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Education doesn’t guarantee happiness or financial stability or good marriage for that matter.

well said

If two people love each other and treat each other with respect, then the marriage can work. People bring different things into the relationship. An uneducated person, for example, might be very loving, a good cook, good with yard work, and good raising the children, while the educated person might be more the breadwinner, for example. The uneducated person might work also, but not earn as much money. As long as both people are respectful of each other, it can be very nice.

Ameen   

The truth of the matter is....

Thats why....

And then men want to .......

Because...

But the solution is simple......

See...

Its a four step process.....

I hope I helped...

Holla BACK smile.gif (Ma'salaam)

i am not a break-fast person! all i need is coffee...and i take care of my lil machine so i get a fresh one in the morning!!

but i am a sucker for dinner!! it better be ready or i will yell to high heaven!! i do have a gas-grill...so i dont mind roasting some stuff sometimes... i tellya my stuff rocks!!

but i love educate home-gals!! they soooo kool!

i didnt go to uni becoz i wanna b independent, hardheaded or a feminist. i dd it because i wanna b a better wife, partner, mother, friend, family member and a better person in the society inshaalah. n now i know education only makes you better at everything.

Baluug   

From a man's point of view, an educated woman is intimidating, especially in my case as I'm relatively uneducated. To me, an educated woman means I'm always questioning whether she would even want to associate with a lowlife like me, when she could find another man who is smarter and has a higher education.

Not to mention that if I was to marry a university-educated girl, I believe it would be almost guaranteed that the subject would arise during a fight. "You're a moron!! That's why we can't get along, because you're uneducated!!", or "I could throw you out like a piece of garbage and replace you with a better man!"

I may be wrong, I may be right, but that part is irrelevant, because in my mind, I'm already right, and that self-doubt always creeps in when thinking about educated women.

Essentially, I'm scared of them. I don't think I'm good enough for them. And I think that most men feel the same way. Most women may tell us that love, or religion, or looks, or whatever may be more important, and that education doesn't matter as long as we can hold down a half-decent job, the fact of the matter is, that it will matter sometime.

Originally posted by Cadaan:

From a man's point of view, an educated woman is intimidating, especially in my case as I'm relatively uneducated. To me, an educated woman means I'm always questioning whether she would even want to associate with a lowlife like me, when she could find another man who is smarter and has a higher education.

Cadaan!!! Stop being so self-deprecating. Honestly, you're much more educated, aware, more literate, and more suited to life in the west than alot of degree-carrying (Somali - or non native English speaking) men!

Besides, its not a degree or a job that helps you make money, its self determination. And thats what you need to find more than a degree.

And last but the least, its not healthy to insult your partner or be insulted in a relationship. So thats not something you should be worried about - it would be the type of relationship you're in.

Nephissa   

Mid kan yari, maalin dhow sar buu iska soo tuuri. Wa u naxsanahay wallee.. :(

Ibty, hayeee buuga naxariista bal yadha baadh-baaadh..as JB would say :D . Martida soo dhaweee.. smile.gif

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

I overheard a conversation between two guys. and It went like this: Ninkii hebel ahaa naag fiican oo isku turjunta ayuu guursadey.

Back of the net there, saaxib. :D