Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate and Honey

The Don’t-Get-Fat Clause

Ibtisam   

^^^Here I thought you was going to say "Brothers should put tredmills in their kitchen and tell their women to cook whilst on the treadmills." icon_razz.gif:D

Indhoos   

Why do women gain weight after marriage and kids? The blame is placed upon cooking too much and trying to finish off the kids' as well as the hubby's plates...now, now, before you say WHAT!!!??? I heard this from couple of aunties of mine, when they were trying to place the blame for the sudden weight gain....

Now, I can swear that many of the visits that I received when I had my baby were, mainly, to check if I finally gained weight b/c every phone call i recieve contains the question, "So, have you gained weight?" Why? why?

Lol@ "putting the treadmill in the kitchen." Not a bad idea if the brother is going to cook while the sister jogs on the treadmill. See, win win waaye.

Indho, it is normal for women to gain weight after a child but what you do there after make the difference. For some women, a child gives them an excuse to let themselves go like "oh I dont have time for anything, I have a child to raise." And it doesnt stop at weight gain, it is appearances oo dhan like dressing up or taking care yourself. It is like they gave up on life outside children but unfortunetly men are visual.

Malika   

I see being attracted to someone as rather a much more deeper experience to the one of being fixated at how they look..I mean if just their voice,their thinking,their caring nature,their walk,their touch,their intelligence etc can make me go..hulllaaa! *goose bumps* , his protruding belly [from my ajeera and suqaar] would definitely matter not!

Ah@love is blind. smile.gif

Blessed   

Till potbellies do us part, eh? Charming!

Tell me about it Indhoos. It's like they want you to confirm that you've ballooned out of proportion, the xaasids. :rolleyes:

NGONGE   

As if people notice what the other person looks like after marrige! Well, not unless you look at an old photo of someone. Which reminds me......

NGONGE   

^^ Heh. The kids went to visit their grandmothr the other day and returned with the only existing photo of me on my wedding day (oh, I was so thin). :D

I am good. You? Do you miss 'home' now that you're 'home'? :D

I would consider signing it since I have the skinny gene and not worried too much about weight gaining. This way he behind will be in gym and keeping up with me. But in all honesty, no one wants nucmaan looking spouse while you look fit and health. It's about time Somali women put themselves first and take care of their bodies instead of everything else. They gain weight after few kids and start wearing baggy clothes to cover up the problem. I can't have people saying behind my back, hiblaayo ninkaada waa isku dhacaayaa balada feedhaha weyn.

Let's stop the shaxam walaxam trend ladies and shed those pounds after pregnancies. Our mother never had that problem. You can life healthy life weather you are in Somalia or America. It's all about choices, so make a healthy one.

J.Lee   

He is entitled as long as he doesn't get that pot belly most Somali men tend to get in their late 20's.

Shidaad badanaa.

I don't understand why people equate thinness with health or vice versa. There is no such thing as an ideal weight even the BMI is based on a range. I just think you owe it to yourself to eat right, exercise regularly, lead an active and healthy lifestyle.

Do it for yourself.