Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Guntiino v Dirac (2006)

Janna   

Guntiino v Dirac

Does your dirac collection outdo your number of guntiino's? What is your a preference; dirac or guntiino's? Are you a guntiino girl or dirac goddess?

Gathering dirac's has no longer become my passion. My new obsession is now guntiino's and Shari's. It's my new collective items. I would be stunned if someone from Somaliaonline outdid me in the departments of collecting guntiino's.

It's time for all Somali girls to unite and embrace their culture.

Somaliaonline female members; state your fondness of traditional Somali clothing. Which one does it for you?

Modesty   

neither...I don't like to wear dirac outside, it's too dang revealing, I might as well go out in a bikini. Don't get me wrong, dirac is cute, but it's too revealing. And guntiino...errm no, I have never worn that...it makes my rear end look fat. smile.gif

Janna   

Modesty, macawiis wearing female, bizarre. Perhaps its a good idea to stay away from dirac's. :D

Sino-Arab.jpg

A picture from a Shiino-Carab Cultural Festival, held in Beijing recently. This Shiinees girl's attire does represent Soomaalida dhaqankooda, our guntiino. Soomaaliya was included because of its membership of Jaamacadda Carabta.

dirac1.jpg

Perhaps the Shiinees lady is cuter than qoftaan diraca wadato, who is married to a Soomaali faarax.

-Lily-   

Depending on the right event both dirac & guntiino have their good qualities I guess. Not everyone can wear guntiino, you would need a faboules figure. As for dirac it's for all, I can't stand the massive ones now. Might as well wrap a duvet arount myself.

Not many people wear guntiino because its more revealing I think. But I do like guntiino.

Arawella   

Definitely guuntino.

I have seen brides wearing them with all the traditional stuff and it looks amazingly beautiful definitely surpasses the norm white wedding dress. Bizarrely, I have yet to find a Somali shop selling one near my end!

Johnny B   

I've seen a Somali girl wearing 'Dirac' and once wearing ' Guntino'.

my advice to the sisters is "Guntino for the bucks ".

'Guntino' is hot !!

Even though she was plump in my taste , she got every man´s attention, including mine.

Diamante   

^ Don't be stingy...give him the whole piece!

I prefer the guntiino because unlike the dirac it's not see through and the top half can be covered up with a matching shawl. You can funk it up and make it into an African get-up, complete with afro-curls, native jewelry etc. However not many people can carry it off and particular body shapes need to steer clear of it!

The Dirac has become a bit bland. So no thanks!