Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Mogadishu:: Why fear stability? Support the government

There are some here who are promoting the line that AU peacekeepers and the governments agenda for restoring security is bad for Mogadishu society.

Why ?

For one if Mogadishu stabalises who will get the jobs, the reconstruction contracts, who will get educational programms, health and other benefits from a stable recognised government?

The people of Mogadishu.

Thus stop the fake cries all you are doing is keeping this population in bondage.

In 1991 it was That clan

In 1993 it was the Americans and UN

Then it was Ethiopia now its AU

Every time these clowns prolonge the agony of the people. Its time to let the government do its job and let the people be free to work and live.

Meiji   

The people of Mogadishu.

Thus stop the fake cries all you are doing is keeping this population in bondage.

LOL, so Mogadishu people are keeping themselves in bondage?

LOOL

^^^No adeer a few ****** are. Any government that works would benefit the capitals population.

Those who sry out all day opposing the governemnt in any form are reducing the chances for the population to get out of this dilema.

This is why stability is feared.

1) lots of people will have to handover the houses they occupied and called home for the last 18 years.

2) Many powerful people will have to handover the farms and government premises they called home for the last 18 years.

3) Mogadishu will again become a multicultural, cosmopolitan city, and that makes alot of people shifty and nervouse.

4) There will be no private airports, ports, Isbaaro, and saqajaanimo.

Meiji   

^^

The same old rethorics are recylced by the same group of persons.

Remember: A foreign-created government with your uncle in the ruling seat and 20.000 Ethiopian soldiers could not realize your fantasy, dont fantasize again with this foreign-created goverment.

Originally posted by General Duke:

There are some here who are promoting the line that AU peacekeepers and the governments agenda for restoring security is bad for Mogadishu society.

Why ?

For one if Mogadishu stabalises who will get the jobs, the reconstruction contracts, who will get educational programms, health and other benefits from a stable recognised government?

The people of Mogadishu.

In 1991 it was
That clan

In 1993 it was the
Americans and UN

Then it was
Ethiopia
now its
AU

Every time these clowns prolonge the agony of the people. Its time to let the government do its job and let the people be free to work and live.

Typical example of General-Duke’s weak reasoning. Once again the disciple of falsehood makes crass generalization to push forth an agenda of division that is inherently rooted in hatred and fear.

His argument is simple-if the people of Mogadishu make a progressive step criticize it and call the cup half full.

If a political/social opportunist makes a political miscalculation, use it as a weapon to make sweeping statements on entire group and shed false tears.

Such tactics are stup!d and hilarious at best.

African Union troops based in Mogadishu are simply an extension of the brutal Ethiopian occupation of our country and engineered originally to supplement the Ethiopian troops. Their original mission was never to re-build Somalia.

Essentially, these troops are in Somalia for 2 major reasons:

1)To raise their international profile

2)To get much needed cash-flow to their economy

Somalia should not be begging bowl of regional countries with some very devious plans/agendas.

Somalia does not need help from Burundi and Uganda, countries that are home to some of the poorest populations in the World. Somalis have proved that they can effectively tackle their problems as the 6 months of peace engineered by the Islamic Courts, Mogadishu Business-people and the public have shown.

Going back in history, your melodramatic arguments aside, there is no evidence that these sorts of “peace-keeping” missions work.

Just because your tunnel vision can’t see beyond one angle doesn’t mean that others should share your crippling constraints.

Remember: A foreign-created government with your uncle in the ruling seat and 20.000 Ethiopian soldiers could not realize your fantasy, dont fantasize again with this foreign-created goverment.

Mr Maiji, You are honestly the most confused, most yoyoing person I have ever seen in SOL, One minute you support Alshabaab, the next thread you call them devils, one minute you call uncle Aweis Mujahid, next thread he is useless, one minute the shariif is the chosen one, and the next thread he is I quote "A foriegn created government", If I was the SOL admin I would have given you the most confused person trophy. No principle, No clear vision, No brains, just bluh blah. :D

^^^Twisted logic: your tepifies your response. I am not bothered what you say about the Duke, he is not the topic.

1. If Yusuf was bad, Abdiqasin was bad, Ali Mahdi was bad must Sharif Ahmed also be bad.

This whole war against AU and international community does not help Mogadishu and its people, they mever declared war on the AU, they dont care, its a political group who find never ending excuses. The children and women will die and property destroyed

Now you offer what? The same old twisted logic, my intention here is simple lets all support this government, lets give them a chance to succeed and lets hope the capital returns to normal.

No more Al Shabaab, Hizbul Islam, Clan elders and so on.

Replace them with local government, police, civil servicem, central bank. All staffed by the local poulations young and educated.

Let the government return the Airport, Seaport to local hands and create jobs for the young and unemployed. This is my position and one held for a long time

You are living in fantasy, you fought no one, defeated no one just killed more of your people.

What say you Twisted one

Originally posted by NABAD x 3:

This is why stability is feared.

1) lots of people will have to handover the houses they occupied and called home for the last 18 years.

2) Many powerful people will have to handover the farms and government premises they called home for the last 18 years.

3) Mogadishu will again become a multicultural, cosmopolitan city, and that makes alot of people shifty and nervouse.

4) There will be no private airports, ports, Isbaaro, and saqajaanimo.

...the emotional/psychologi cal constipation continues smile.gif

Same can be said about the elaborate campaign to use state money to build houses and appropriate farms belonging to poor people and handing them over to groups that came from Gedo and Bari.

The selective choosing of specific episodes in Somalia’s history to highlight injustice is quite hilarious. Yes, some people in Mogadishu have arbitrarily engaged in vigilante missions to win back some of the lands and properties usurped by the former regime. In the history of injustice in Somalia, the 21 years of the former dictator stands out like a Dutch girl in bikini in the Riyadh. :cool:

Paragon   

^For once I must say I agree with the General. He makes alot of sense. The government must be given the chance to succeed. Or there will be no government and further civil war on the people of Xamar.

Governemnt creates jobs, lets support the government.

Paragon The difference between Mogadishu and Nairobi is simple, one has a government that works a little and the other does not. Imagine the business opportunities and trade, would we invest in Isligh when we can Mogadishu?

the 21 years of the former dictator stands out like a Dutch girl in bikini in the Riyadh

Mr very Twistet logic.

Adeer Isku xishoo, its an insult to compare Siyaad Barre with Uncle Aideed and Co.

Show me something they built for the last 20 years and I will show you a big lier, I can not believe in these day and age we have people comparing Siyaad to the USC era, one has built, the other one dimolished it, one has decorated the other one looted it, one built roads, Universities, Hospitals, Army, the other built Isbaro, Ku nasiibso, and Mory4n. look at these pic and tell me what it says.

SomShaleemoXamar.jpg

This is the Xamar Siyaad Barre left.

baarlamaankii-hore.jpg

Ant this is the Xamar Uncle Aideed left.

Which one is better? :D

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Twisted logic: your tepifies your response. I am not bothered what you say about the Duke, he is not the topic.

1. If Yusuf was bad, Abdiqasin was bad, Ali Mahdi was bad must Sharif Ahmed also be bad.

This whole war against AU and international community does not help Mogadishu and its people, they mever declared war on the AU, they dont care, its a political group who find never ending excuses.
The children and women will die and property destroyed

Now you offer what? The same old twisted logic, my intention here is simple lets all support this government, lets give them a chance to succeed and lets hope the capital returns to normal.

No more Al Shabaab, Hizbul Islam, Clan elders and so on.

Replace them with local government, police, civil servicem, central bank. All staffed by the local poulations young and educated.

Let the government return the Airport, Seaport to local hands and create jobs for the young and unemployed.
This is my position and one held for a long time

You are living in fantasy, you fought no one, defeated no one just killed more of your people.

What say you Twisted one

You are trying to have it both ways man. Yesterday, you were cheerleading for the Ethiopian troops in their massacre operations in Mogadishu and today all of a sudden you have grown a human heart. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. You lost all credibility when you supported quislings and Enemy-Number-One of the Somali people.

Nevertheless, I will still reason with you.

Almost the entire population of Mogadishu supports this government and have done numerous protests in support of the current leadership. The business-class, educated elite and average Joes in Mogadishu are firmly behind this government and this explains the sharp reduction in violence and the return of the Somali parliament and other minimal institution back to the capital city.

Just yesterday, the opposition has proved that it is willing to accept this government if some very reasonable conditions are made. The road ahead is indeed paved with hope and optimism.

So, clearly, your arguments that the people of Mogadishu are not ready for peace or stability is unfounded and come from a very shadowy corner of your mind. The opposite is in fact very true.

And talking of facts keep in mind that they won’ become any less factual because you try to smear the people of Mogadishu.