Sign in to follow this  
macalimuu

Somali Second Civil War- another 50 years of backwardness

Somalia's second civil war is about to start. This time it will not even be a civil war but a genocide in the proportion of the one in Rwanda. Clans from the south to the north of the country are all geared up, prepared and waiting the full-size warfare to blow up. No one will be spared and millions of innocent Somalis will be as usual become the victims. This will be the legacy of the Nairobi conference under the leadership of the ruthless warlords. where are the somali intelectuals, visionaries, leaders? we don't have one! we are a nation of lunatics, warlods, thugs, fools, nomads, fanatics, living in the stone ages both mentally and spiritually.

we are the poorest nation on planet earth. we have nothing and no one. Even God is angry with us. we are doomed and cursed!

From the day of independence to the present time, we have been led by clannish ill-bred brute thugs. We have been blessed with ailing leaders who have no vision and sight.And sorrowfully, here we are all cheering the vicious and regressive dogma of tribalism, supporting one warlord or the other. Can this forum be used for discussing progressive ideas to keep us from the looming calamity that is about to befall to our unfortunate nation other than disseminating perpetuating the primitivism of our elders? Can we liberate ourselves from their backwardness?

Duke- Allah will not bring peace to Somalia- for its people abondoned his worship and associate his divinity with the Clan-Gods.

he will not also bring peace to your soul for you personify and epitomize the hypocrites who unreservedly promote the clannish creed.

Allah will not bring peace to Somalia- for its people abondoned his worship and associate his divinity with the Clan-Gods.

Sxb Macalimuu always think passtive alaah suxaanuh watacaal when he says be it will be with no time. Star with your own iman and think in a very good way.

Somalia's second civil war is about to start. This time it will not even be a civil war but a genocide in the proportion of the one in Rwanda. Clans from the south to the north of the country are all geared up, prepared and waiting the full-size warfare to blow up. No one will be spared and millions of innocent Somalis will be as usual become the victims.

why do you think this way My brother from another mother :confused: somali people are One and Insha alaah they will come together and understand each other.

Dhib keey soomali kujirto ilaah ha kasaaro.

macalimuu,

As gloomy as it may seem to some, Somalia’s troublesome days are behind and a period of relative stability is in sight. The lyrics, as it were, are better than the music, and Allah’s mercy is never far away.

I can see Mogadishu warlords taking the challenge and getting their act together and forming formidable political block that could enable them to use their political capital. I can envision Islamic courts becoming mainstream Islamic party that has a solid grass-root support and effectively lessen, and perhaps prevent, the influence of alien ideologies. I can as well see the separatist forces coming to their senses and appreciate the value of the national unity and territorial integrity of Somalia.

What I don’t image---perhaps don’t want to imagine---is a perpetual inter-clan fighting and a divisive civil war. Your predictions are quite pessimistic in nature and give a gloomy picture of Somalia. Your usage of term genocide is not fitting, dear brother. As Ali Mazrui observed, Genocide is a communal crime that Muslim societies are not capable of doing. There’re two attributes that every Muslim ought to posses: patience and optimism.

Perhaps you need to take some lesson from أمرؤ القيس and his long and tedious trip to Ceasar where he counseled his sole companion not to waive in the face of challenge. Here are some verses of that legendary qasiidah of his.

بكى صاحبي لمارئ الدرب دونه

وأيقن أنا لاحقان بقيسر

Ùقلت له لاتبكي عينك Ùإنما

نحاول ملكا أونموت Ùنعذر

Spurred on by a desire to be percieved as "progressive thinkers", many nomads have taken an approach that is worse than ineffectual. Indeed, such approaches are ultimately destructive as they induce save trepidation; unpragmatic approaches are myopic, because no solutions can be derived therefrom. Prognosticators of that ilk, oftentimes, foreshadow worst case scenarios, thereby removing a much needed band-aid from an already deeply superficial Somali pysche.

With Salaams

PK

NASSIR   

Macalimuu, So many of us would interpret your vision as regressive to the Somalia's ambition for viable government. Why would you want to convey vile presentiment that elicit paroxysm of rage. I can only think of its precursor as nothing but hatred you have for our future Somalia. You are as well driven by inveterate rejection of this government.

You advocate the present status quo of Mogadisho where unknown sect of Islam thrives as a way to assert its hidden ideologies, warlords control strips of patchworks, demolished houses and infrastructure continue getting worse.

NGONGE   

Macalimuu,

Such assessments as yours, instead of enlightening people and improving things, make your targets more stubborn and their ideas more entrenched!

I understand your frustration, I’m sure all those that replied to you also are as frustrated as you are, saaxib. However, you strike me as a victim of the same disease you’re trying eradicate. If it’s ignorance you’re rebelling against, if it’s “backwardnessâ€, if it’s the utter and total madness of Somali politics, do you really think fortunetelling is the way to tackle such problems?

Reading some of the replies you got, balances things out a little; six of one and half a dozen of the other as it were. Good Xiinfaniin restored the equilibrium by cancelling out all your predictions with a few choice words of his own!

Try to organise your thoughts, choose a position, device a message (a different one than the gloomy predictions) and preach on, saaxib. Don’t let your frustrations get the better of you. There is NO REASON why it should; you’re really not stuck in a Somali city with no way out and no hope for a brighter future! You’re sitting, at home, in a western country, with a brand new PC (or is it a MAC?) and maybe a nice cup of cappuccino in front of you. Your (and every other person in here) frustration is superficial. For in the next five minutes someone is going to talk to you about the latest football results, Oscar nominations or University assignments and, you’ll effortlessly, divert all your attention to that trivial subject!

Of course, I’m making some wild assumptions about you here and for all I know, you’re a militant activist for the Somali cause and the idea never leaves your mind. If such is the case, you’re a rarity, saaxib. If however, you’re one of us meddling expatriates, try to hold your cappuccino with a steady hand and curb your enthusiasm.

Somalia is obviously in a bad shape and I suspect that many of those inside hold views similar to yours (while many others are in the Xaniifaniin camp)! Is it possible that these savage, brutish, ignorant and zealous thugs could, even inadvertently, reach the same conclusions that you have? Surely not!

PS

I’m in agreement with the substance of your message. Though wearing “The End is Nigh†placard would tarnish my highly groomed sense of style.

actually Muallim we see that somalis are coming together in agreement to oppose the foreign troops. now if the col. has to be sacrificed for somalia i don't think ther is a somali who would mind. so the situation is more conducive for peace than ever

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Yusufaddie:

now if the col. has to be sacrificed for somalia i don't think ther is a somali who would mind.

and just what did u have in mind..? :D:D

Originally posted by macalimuu:

Duke- Allah will not bring peace to Somalia- for its people abondoned his worship and associate his divinity with the Clan-Gods.

he will not also bring peace to your soul for you personify and epitomize the hypocrites who unreservedly promote the clannish creed.

Sxb..it seems you are speaking as if you were sent by Allah (SW).. if I were you I would reword the above statements.

Salaamaat

Coloow   

Macalimu, the way things have been faring lately following the doofareey congress of warlords, the talk about foreign troops, the notion of using force etc leaves me in a pessimistic mood.

During the latest few weeks we have witnessed (tribal) exchanges reminiscent of the dark days of somali civil war when thousands perished.

Let us pray this so called peace process does not turn into a civil war process.