Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

President Yusuf ''Somaliland must leave Puntland''

We will not even need a military option for Hargaysa & Burco. There is no need to fear the secessionists or to talk of war. SSC they will loose without much fuss.

Baashi   

My man Il Generale I hear you loud and clear :D

The strong man and his Tigre mercenaries seem to have the upper hand today. Tomorrow as they say is another day.

Awoowe my analysis as well as predictions are often in error but never in doubt. Reason being the game in this nomad politicking is akin to three dimensional chess game -- hard to see around the corners. Nevertheless I do, and often did, hit on the bulls eye when I take aim at the target.

Awoowe remember this politics section is all about sheeko and shaah. I do not take offence if my points are refuted. Never did. Feel free to shred them into pieces.

As to the TFG record awoowe the numbers speak for themselves. TFG had tasks to do, milestones to reach, and deadlines to meet. The obstacles you have mentioned in your post are real. I won't dispute that. The job is tough al right. No one said it is an easy job.

However, my criticism against this TFG has nothing to do with the absence of institutions or the clan conflicts or even the existence of marauding militia. That is given. These are the problems this TFG was appointed to put to rest in order to pave the way for the post conflict era.

Judged by its dismal performance on these tasks and the milestones it missed, I think you would agree with me on that score it has simply failed us. It is funny ya know to have transitional institutions selected to end the conflict, reconcile warring clans, to heal the wounds exacted by the civil war, to campaign the passage of “constitutional” referendum becoming part of the conflict and ending up soliciting the help of national foe and historical rival in order to defeat some segment (overwhelmingly one clan) of the very public it supposed to take to promise land. This act alone creates a new grievances and hence makes difficult to address them in toto.

Remember I’m not in no way disputing the challenges this TFG has faced from the get-go. I’m only saying this TFG come into existence precisely because of these challenges and from the look of it the strongman has not only added fuel to the raging fire but he has also complicated the situation geopolitically speaking.

There you have it my man -- a quick rebuttal (over lunch time)

^^^Fantastic, old man I appreciate the time you took from lunch for that clear response.

I agree with many of your points, the TFG has adressed a number of important issues. It has in its short existance reduced the power of the warlords, maurauding militias and started to create the security apparatus required for the stability of the state.

I am not here to make excuses for them, there is corruption, lack of competency within members. Hoever Yey has been an integral part of the system. His leadership has far been more posative than negetive.

Also we have two years to deal with the provinces, the Kismayu's, LA' and so on.

Somalia needs the return of law and order we do not need another NGO driven "reconciliation conference.

^until kursigiisa uu ku aruuro, all the while recalling the day adeerkiisa got shot(infront of him) aimed at his head, hearing the skull cracks as the bullet came to a full stop inside his brain just prior to his heart giving up, once and for all along with his entire organs.

That indeed will be the day the music of Duke and TFG will come to an end. redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif

Che. The TFG will continue insha Allah even past Yusuf and thus I will continue to support the system. As for the same tune?

1. We [TFG] have defeated the courts/looters and their supporters. The capital is in government hands

2. The TFG is together with a well educated new PM.

3. The international support continues and we have two years.

4. the opposition are isolated in Asmara, stuck in the bushes and they have no agenda other than bombs. This is no problem because the security forces will keep hunting them, today Cayrow tommorrow Abu hebel. Those who want violence will get it delivered to them.

Layzygirl. That was quite ammusing, however you do not threaten a soldier with death, we fear failure more. Anyhow I do find your new sense of nationalisam and love of Somali people a welcome retreat from the days when you used to spy on single mothers for the DSS :D

Emperor   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interim President of Somalia Abdullah Yusuf Ahmed says Somaliland troops must leave the Somali territories they have captured.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recognition at last.

This is misintepretation in itself, the President only said that SL militia should and must leave SSC, I have listened to the Somali version of the speech and its widely available on the internet, whoever translated that to English had got it wrong.... Very Simple...

AYOUB   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:

Interim President of Somalia Abdullah Yusuf Ahmed says
Somaliland
troops must leave the
Somali territories
they have captured.

Recognition at last.
:D:D:D This Col. Yey is one thick warlord. You wouldn't think a man who handed Somali institutions to Ethipians troops has the nerve to talk like that. Yet they still cheerlead this thicko.

Suldaanka

Nayruus does not know which adeero to cheerlead, he has so many. :D:D:D

^^ :D

Our friend from Daami is in a big dilemma. Laakin maanta ayuu ugu dhawyey wadadii aan ku tirinjiray oo Col. Yey iyo Xabashida u sacabo tumaya.