Sign in to follow this  
Bokero

The danger to us all!!

N.O.R.F   

The poster has put forward a valid point.

I don’t agree with the limit of posts per say but a facility available to all posters whereby he or she can choose a time period for posts by all individuals to his/her thread would be good.

For example

If I wanted to post something (as a thread starter) I should have the choice of limiting repeated posts by all who wish to get involved by say 15 or 30 minutes. Serious discussions can then take place when one knows he/she would have to produce a well-written piece. It eliminates any junk posts or attempted hijacks.

This is available on other forums and usually produces good results.

What say the admin?

Originally posted by Bokero:

My humble suggestion of making SOL better for us!

Moderators and fellow clients of SOL, I would like to suggest limitation imposed on the number of topics the same individual posts a day, because of multiple postings by the few individuals. I understand the need to uphold the enhance SOL as a place where one can freely start a discussion but to let few individual who seem to be have decided to spend their entire day on posting numerous topics would in the long run affect us all negatively

The effect of multiple posting are as follows

• makes other voices less visible(other topics are send to the next page by the multiple posters)

• The site becomes a tool to advance a political agenda rather than a discussion site.

I am not happy to have to suggest restrictions however, freedom comes with responsibilities, and I feel not all of us here are exercising those responsibilities.

Looking forward to hear from others

Your suggestion is kindly declined. It defies the purpose of the forum, which is a kinda social bookmarking, a sorta discussion boards and message boards, which functions solely because of user generated content.

The site has rules. If the rules are not broken, then wax kale ma jiro. Some rare threads might fall under the trolling or spaming, which we will take appropriate actions on those.

Bokero, you also joined almost four years ago, yet your contributions is minuscule. I hope you are not another 'lurker.' If you contributed as much as others do, then your viewpoint will be as prominent as you wish it to be. Don't be silent. Contribute, bring your viewpoints and whatever you can find that supports it. We will welcome it.

Bokero   

Moderator thanks for considering my suggestion. The issue of multiple posting needs to be addressed in whatever, way in the future. My minuscle contribution is more to do with my job rather than being silenced...

thanks again

AYOUB   

The more time certain folks spend online, the safer the streets for innocent women and children! :D

Ebyan   

You've made a total of 34 posts over the past 4 years, so you're in no position to complain. Either contribute to the forum or hush it!

Ebyan   

^ :D

What's the point of complaining if you're not willing to change anything? If you don't like the articles posted, post articles reflecting your point-of-view.

Bokero   

now been accused of posting alot, lol

Violet , i think u havent read what i wrote, otherwise u wont be missing the point, would u now.. pls read again!! and comeback to me!