Sign in to follow this  
ScarFace

Predicament

ScarFace   

^^^after hearing all that madness its best for me to stick to my simple somali words.......

"Soocad macaan" - Nice/sweet walking who in there right mind would say such a thing.... :eek: LOST one i will SKIP THEM Trust me they dont sound too good......

Also hand gestures lots of them is good. And say easy english sentences real slow with emphasis on key words

^^The hand gestures sound like a nice idea but sayin the english sentences real slow might be a bit of put off imagine I'll be making her out to be some sort of A reatard...LOL

If I were your Dirac, I'd be close to your heart!

Hadaan diracaaga gashan lahaa qalbigaagaan u dhowaan lahaa

^^^^wRONG TRANSLATION

its Hadaan Diracaaga ahaaan lahaa :D nice one bishita i kinda like that one icon_razz.gif

Saalixa   

Scar face it is just not from the guys perspective. i think it is on both sides, becuase if you are not fluent in somali like me

i only know the simple terms like i use everyday but no romantic dialogue i like go completely blank.

So i think it is all comes after much experience and use of the language. I would however prefer to describe my self in the language i feel comfortable with. i tried to act smart once and wanst a good experience i can tell you that.

Zafir   

Scar

“Dubnaha korkooda ma nabar baa kaaga yaala mise wa duuf soo dareeray?†Real ice breaker. She checks her self and then gets mad maha, that’s when you kool things down and say stuff like “ ku jirtaa, kuleejo hoosteeda boondheera ay ku jitaa, kuleejo hoosteedaa boondheera’aa†flex your muscles at the same time. Jigs dig zat.

Castro   

Originally posted by Rayaana:

i tried to act smart once and wanst a good experience i can tell you that.

I'd like to hear about it, please.

-Lily-   

^^^lol, well aren't we nosy.

Don't worry Rayana, if in doubt, just simle and batter your eyelashes. On the up side, it does make the Somali sound incredibly romantic, kind of like Italian/French when you don't understand half of is being said. Shukansi in Somali in a league of its own.

Castro   

^ I"m in toocsi mood today. I hope Rayana is not offended.

What's with this shukaansi business. The only thing I've ever had to ask is :

IS YOU IS, OR IS YOU AIN'T MY BABY? :D

-Lily-   

^^It's a good thing you are married then Castro, some time has passed since such words have been used :D I've never heard of such...

Castro   

^ Yeah it has been a while since I shukaansi anyone. I was never good at it anyway. I just used my good looks and my natural charm. :D

Nephissa   

Pickup lines seem to have developed a sleazy connotation to it. I prefer the word "Icebreaker", which can be a short joke, or some sort of doorway for a conversation.

STOIC   

Bishita tell me if this ain't what you want to hear :D ?

- check this out:

-This is a prety place, but I haven't seen anything as splendid as you siting there.

-oh girl happiness would be loving you, and ecstacy would be the tenderness of your warm embrace

-Girl, you are so fine I would marry your brother just to get into your family-fresh prince, Will Smith

-Excuse me queen, can I get a minute of your time?

Yum Yum all that juicy and no napkin would make a man like me leave his home

-Is that your hair or a weave?

-I found out my wife is a gay, are you?

-You look so good you make me want to kiss your father

PS I used to memorize some of the above lines back in the days markaan inanka yaar ahaa

Edited: Due to sensitivity of SOL community I have decided to take out some sensitive pick-up lines......

Nephissa   

Well Stoic, I'd say you've just about covered them all. Can't tell you how many times I have heard them, and walked away laughing at the guy. Good luck with that :D . Just remember women are not as istupidh as some men think.

Worst one used on me: You put the 'ow in wow. My response: "And you put the oss in gross. Now get away from me!"

Can't really stand pick up lines, especially ones found on internet, I want an original ice breaker that has somehting to do with current place and time. Just the simple "how ya doin?" (ala Joe from friends) or "is your day going well so far?" get's my attention. If nothing else you can have a short conversation and know that you have made someone's day brighter.

Castro   

^ So, how ya doin? Is your day going well so far? Wanna play mommy and daddy with me? LOL.

Did that break your ice? :D

ScarFace   

^^^^Cas you looking for a second wifey huh?go on plya

Rayaana you in the same boat as me,, dont worry gurl we gonna practice...we'll use some of the wild tips some of our brothers and sisters gave us....... :D

Like this-->“Dubnaha korkooda ma nabar baa kaaga yaala mise wa duuf soo dareeray?

Hilarious

P.s

tell us what happend.....