Sign in to follow this  
The_Siren

Peak a boo- I see you...(wink)

Blatant leering

Today’s topic of discussion involves the blatantly leering activities of shameless men. Here is a typical illustration of a Somali man leering. Quite a looker indeed.

Leering-Cavalier-thumb.jpg

Now far be it from me to spoil anyone’s fun in ogling the opposite sex protruding tongue and foaming mouth and all but must some of you men do this so obviously? I mean have you ladies ever had a dude visually eye rape from head to toe WHILE you where in conversation with him? Truly how bloody obscenely obvious must these fools be?

Had these walking entities of penile idiocy possessed the ability to string together two Grey cells they’d realize that such a shameless display of sexual interest really is quite tasteless, tactless and tempestuously…sordid (apologies for destroying the alliteration)

Truly not a lot of things annoy me as I’m pretty laid back but this eye raping really does have to be one of those things which annoys and vexes me a bit. The last time a dude eye raped me was today at work. A security guard no less whose always been extremely friendly and cordial. Usually he looks at me from the corner of his eye and is very much discreet in his ogling but today for reasons unknown to me (New pair of trousers and accessories perhaps and the fact that I walked in like the queen of Sheba as- always mind you) may have had something to do with it.

Still, when he inquired about my weekend- the usual farcical boring questions you get asked as if you’ve done anything other than wash clothes, clean the house and recuperate. Anyway I answered him back amiably as always but when he had the audacity to eye rape me WHILE I was speaking with him and making me very much aware of his brashness? I kind of felt the urge to be blatant as well. Two can play that game.

“I like chicken and chicken likes me” I said completely out of the blue just to see if he was paying any attention as to the lame conversation he took out of his way to block my path to initiate. All I got was a dismissive

“yeah, yeah- I know what you mean –so you and I should go out for a drink one time?”

I know the drinking thing was such a silly “Blasé” thing to attempt when it’s obvious I’m Somali.

“Did- you even hear what I said?” I asked

“Uhuh, oh yeah, ahh I mean er..What?” He said

“I said did you hear a word of what I’ve been saying or were you too busy licking your lips and looking at me like a greedy hyena?” (I smiled giving him the most innocent look I could muster)

This now definitely stopped him in his tracks and he looked startled for a moment and then giggled in embarrassment and surprise that I’d actually dared to say anything.

From then onwards I told him to behave himself and at least have the decency to sneak a quick look at me or anything lady which caught his eye more discreetly. In fact when he apologized and said “I am sorry, you are just beautiful” I replied with an equally flippant “I know I am but that still isn’t an excuse to behave like an hungry jackal (Still grinning, being cheeky and dancing on the edge of rude little b*tch and a wise-cracking dashingly cocky little sh*t)

With that said I walked off leaving a very bemused looking Nigerian security guard clutching for some semblance of order-as it was apparent that he was left feeling more than a little lost. God it had to be a Nigerian didn’t it? He kinda ruined my morning actually and put a very sharp step in my usual loose limb- the world is my oyster walk.

Jeez that’s why I kinda prefer white men; they look at you on the sly as if catching eye contact with you is in itself a forbid pleasure. They’re sneaky and I like that- by all means drool to your hearts connect so long as I’m not consciously aware of it, otherwise lord knows I’ll point it out and cause you embarrassment. It’s not the first and hell it won’t be the last time I’ll say things to provoke a man.

Its weird but if I’m annoyed I’d just as much to air out my grievances as soon as the opportunity arises. I’m a not much of a “ignore the boy” shy wall-flower type and if truth be told I actually enjoy catching men off their guard and making them feel awkward as hell. If an opportunity arises to embarrass one? You bet your @rse I’ll take it by the balls and all..for want of a better word (giggles) hell I had a better word I just chose this one-oh the hilarity! (Slaps herself together)

So ladies- have you experienced this eye raping phenomenon and does it really tick you off as well? Or perhaps you feel that it’s no skin off your nose and that you’d even go as far as to say you’re flattered by such cave-man admiration?

To fellers- If you’ve ever eye raped a girl whilst in conversation with her then what the beep is your problem? If not why the hell do some of you do this? God its so annoying and tactless.

Ps any wise-cracks on my title and you'll receive a pen in the eye. LOL

Ibtisam   

Can you edit and call it something other than rape. smile.gif

P.s. Security guards looking at anything with a pair of legs, don't bother about them. Better you just ignore them all together, just nod at them hello. In any case black men waaxab loo saar Somali girls. Meel kaasta, "hello, my African sista/ queen" with a big chessy grin.

Its not "rape" its "eye rape" There's a clear distinction woman LOL

Ps- your correct about raga maadow but usually it doesn't bother me and often some of them funny jokers by leering fools? Really do tick me off. Don't even get me Somali dudes who do it...boy on boy do I got off on a tangent then.

Ibtisam   

You can always wear a cabayah and hijab, only people who will look at you are freshies (arabs/ asain) or people who fear you, both keep their distance, particularly if you give them an evil look. That is your protection. smile.gif Outside of that, just ignore them

In the M.E or Africa it would make sense, but with the amount of skin people see in the streets day in and day out, a hijaabfied xalimo does not attract alot of attention.

Qawaananta has become so common, that you wont even blink markay kaa hor yimaadaan naagaha qaar .. when they are wearing almost nothing.

This problem can be mitigated by applying a properly designed Xijaab system.

extensive field tests have shown dramatically decreased amount of 'Leering'. Satisfaction guaranteed :D

are you one of those girls who wear hijaabs with tight jeans? not knowing it defeats the whole purpose. anyways, we men are visual creatures and we've been starin since time immoriel, get used to it.

Faheema.   

If only he had the decency to undress you with his eyes before raping you with them. Typical madow ey...Let's hope a farax knows the protocol.

Originally posted by +FahIIma:

If only he had the decency to undress you with his eyes before raping you with them. Typical madow ey...Let's hope a farax knows the protocol.

horta this term 'madow' that somali's use for other africans makes no sense, most somali's are as dark as dhuxul themselves.

Goodir   

^Adoon is more of a better descriptive but Somalis are a bit nicer than that.

Madowga know what they are after and pretty aware gabdhaheeda fall for them.

Indhoos   

Ibtisaam and Geel jire,

True it helps when one covers one's body, but walaahi at times I have to fidget and pull at my hijab to make sure if it is still there, and mind you, that I am one who wears the full jalaabiib 3 yards from head to knees, complete with the big skirts. Always pressed and dressy yes, but still....

It is more annoying when male relatives or friends who are trying to be helpful will say something like "Put your hand under the jalbaab an push it off your body." Great Idea thanks, but pray tell me how I can pull off such feat when I have been shopping and I am carrying shopping bags in both hands???? GRRRRR....

Does it make any difference in the stares directed at me, heck no. Sometimes they seem more and at times I wonder if the person actually knows me somehow, which in the end makes me struggle w/ the suppression of the urge to go up to him and scream "Hellooo!!! enough already, stare at those who will find it complementary and quit making me stumble w/ self consciousness."

Okey, enough said....*grins sheepishly* I guess I am quite touchy about this topic..*sigh*

Pucca   

being covered from head to toe doesnt keep their big eyes from dancing all around your figure. Bugs the crap out of me, and hell yea i'll point it out. If i got something on my cabaaya, please dont just stare at it...tell me so i can clean it.

seriously though, its somali men(the old ones!) that do this all the time...as though they cant NOT look at you and twist their darn necks to get an even better look.

subhanallah, balaayo isha kagashay walle