Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Yussuf Garaad’s Abuse of the BBC Somali Service

Taleexi   

Yussuf Garaad’s Abuse of the BBC Somali Service

Mohamoud Hassan

September 12, 2006

Much has been written over the past years about the demise of the objectivity and impartiality of the programmes of the BBC Somali Service since Yussuf Garaad was appointed its editor in the late 1990s. It was the hope of all those concerned about the decline of standards that the BBC management at Bush House would eventually heed their concerns and complaints and do something to restore the credibility of the Service. Sadly, Yussuf Garaad’s bosses at the BBC had instead chosen to turn a deaf ear to all that Full article

OLOL   

Yusuf Garaad this...Yusuf Garaad that! Damn! this depressing old game of backbiting from the no-hopers, ill-wishers and pessimists never comes to an end. I just don’t know what to make of the miserable mentality of the cheerleaders other than recalling that Zahra Ahmed song: “Raganimooy ninkaagii nacasnimo maxaa baday.â€

Is always the same with Somalis, they never like to see one of their at the top .. what do u want to see a non-somali beinf head of BBC Somali service.

Jelousy of their own is Somali persons' espcialiaty

me   

OK people call me a hater but the reason I dont like about the BBC somali service now is the different accents. I miss the good old days when proper Somali (Northern Somali) was the language of the BBC. Anyhow times are changing and about Yuusuf Garaad, he could have done better, if he had control the BBC could have been a medium for Somali reconciliation. But I believe that he has no control. The BBC works for the British government and the British government is happy with how things are. So blame the master not the slave.

me   

Anyhow if you dont agree with him make your own radio. Its not as hard as before, start with an internet radio and take it from there. Hmmmm maybe a talk radio or a Somali music radio. It doesnt always have to be news.

Originally posted by me:

OK people call me a hater but the reason I dont like about the BBC somali service now is the different accents. I miss the good old days when proper Somali (Northern Somali) was the language of the BBC. Anyhow times are changing .

Every Somali dialect is a proper Somali. Who are you to say that the northern Somali is the only proper Somali?

me   

No man, proper Somali is the Northern Somali dialect (When its pure with no foreign words).

There is no such thing as pure Somali dialect. All languages have foriegn words, and your so called proper Somali is no diffirent.

Of All the Somali dialects, the one with th least foriegn words is the May May.

Drop Maxaatiri supremist attitude duqa

I agree with the revolutionary commander,the may may is the least dialect to contain foreign words and its absurd thinking that one dialect among the dialects of the nation should be regarded as the sole dialect of the nation.And whats with the differentiating of dialects to begin with,i would like to know that. smile.gif

Tahliil   

No one in here can imagine, can even try to guess how much I loath and “hate†and despise the BBC in Somali. More than anything else, even including your Iskis-niyus and Fokis Janells, I hate the BBC Somali with an extreme but peaceful passion…I don't particularly adore Garaad Yusuf the least as a newscast either, but now, right now my dear comrades I like the guy, like him simply because he is destroying what I deem to be a useless, violent-spreading, hatemongering dubbed as a news outlet in London for the good of nation, for us…

Garaad is my hero as he takes on this giant co-operation and he smashes it to the ground for ever. BCC is an enemy of Somalis pure and simple...I think FOR the demolition work he is doing overther, we should all stand behind Garaad and let him sink this poison-packed ship gradually as he is doing rightly so…

BBC became a standard Somali news radio but as many will agree it is a propaganda machine built several decades ago for the only purpose – to divide even more and to confuse the heck out of the local Somalis...Keep up your work whatever it is...Mr. Garaad, I am (THE NATION IS) behind your secret goals 100%...And whenever you are done with the BisBISEE, the Americans may see the light and employ you as a senior editor for their Fokis and Iski Niyus snakeheads…

Jaylaani   

I thought the BBC was made for Somalilanders by the British in 1940s. How these *********** cracked into it?

[ September 14, 2006, 15:49: Message edited by: Libaax-Sankataabte ]

Castro   

^ Bigot.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ By a hundred and eighty year old virgin woman that can also tell the future?
:D

Some Haterade, good NGONGE? :D