Sign in to follow this  
kenadidyare

Exposed plagiarist threatens website with legal action

awdal based website Arliyanews.com that exposed a plagiarist, has been threatned with legal action, by the plagiarist, the admin of the website unpublished the article due to threats, seems like when you catch a plagiarist, they scream defamation. I sent a an email of support to the admin, he replied back that the article will be reposted, and he will make public the threats, he recieved.

i guess some people always wanna censor anyone who speaks out.you can check the notice the admin posted at Arliyanews.com

NGONGE   

^^^^A controversial first post! Looks like you started at you mean to go on. Welcome to the site, saaxib. smile.gif

Somalis always bring a smile to my face with their antics and actions. When one plagiarist was exposed, I had a feeling dozens others would follow. It’s the Somali way. We copy each other in all areas, why not writing!

Still, one can’t help but smile as one imagines countless numbers of Somalis in houses (and offices) all over the world reading the latest Somali news in their favourite Somali website and quickly cutting and pasting a sentence into Google to see if it’ll come up elsewhere. I strongly believe this image is not a figment of my imagination and that right about this minute some (supposed) Somali professor is poring over another professor’s words and trying to spot the plagiarised material therein.

I was half tempted to create a Non-Somali news blog and write a long and pretentious analysis on some international issue or other using a fake author’s name (James T. Kirk for example). I would have then copied the entire article (making sure I changed the international references into Somali ones) and pasted it into an e-mail to be sent to one of the popular Somali news sites (also ensuring that I changed the author’s name to M.S. Barre). Once it's published, how many spotters would I excite, I wonder! :D

^^The first time I laughed at the ideas of the great integrationalist professor Ngonge!

I would have then copied the entire article (making sure I changed the international references into Somali ones) and pasted it into an e-mail to be sent to one of the popular Somali news sites (also ensuring that I changed the author’s name to M.S. Barre). Once it's published, how many spotters would I excite, I wonder!

Duufaan   

Topic: Exposed plagiarist threatens website with legal action

kenadidyare

Alien

Member: 6706

posted December 08, 2005 11:56 AM                   

------------------------------------------------------------------------

awdal based website Arliyanews.com that exposed a plagiarist, has been threatned with legal action, by the plagiarist, the admin of the website unpublished the article due to threats, seems like when you catch a plagiarist, they scream defamation. I sent a an email of support to the admin, he replied back that the article will be reposted, and he will make public the threats, he recieved.

a

Now we understand , So this was campain.

Pi   

Are the editors of the news sites that gullible? You mean all those "Phd"s after their name is useless? I always thought having a Phd was a sign of good intellect, but Somalis have convinced me otherwise. Time for a change of career choice for me.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Grammaticus:

Are the editors of the news sites that gullible? You mean all those "Phd"s after their name is useless? I always thought having a Phd was a sign of good intellect, but Somalis have convinced me otherwise. Time for a change of career choice for me.

^^^ :D

My first year undergrad, was a time of plenty of political activity internationaly the Americans were threatening to invade Iraq, so this PH.d poli sci woman came into our course as a guess speaker and claimed that invading Iraq had nothing to do with OIL, but more with democracy and Saddam Hussein. So I chuckled to myself and ever since that day I've come to realize that a moron by any other name (Dr.)is still a moron.