Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Exercise

LadyMo   

Xafsa some1 has 2 b innit :D

Ashtia (Magnoona-girl)

ur welcome 2 my 1-room shack anytime gal! If u eva come 2 de UK just holla & u'll always hav a place 2 chill as long as ur willin 2 live and share nomad style! :wink: Then we can work out 2gether and dont worry bout Winger he wont mind!

Ooh and makin u feel bad is our job, wat else do u hav friends for? (in an even better way thou!):wink:

ZOLA   
the G-Y-M!..Thats my exercise routine...RAMP i hope it was that easy.

EXD...

u give the word "WORK OUT"..a whole new meaning..keep up the good routine...i bet u..u have a six pack ..lol.

Deeqa...i dont think u will ever see me in BALLY TOTAL.... i signed a 18 month contract with them ..only went there for 8 months ....i did not go there for 1 yr(coz i started collage and did not get time ..i know that is a lame excuse..lol) but still paid them every month..thank god my contract came to an end this yr ...they still have the nerve to call and send me letters to renew my contract.

A.A

LadyMo   

MALAIKA dats very sweet of u sis! (dont sign anymore contracts okey, lol Im sure u learnt from ur mistake) ;) I'll do my best 2 keep it up although it doesnt look to good for 2day I doubt I'll b goin 2 de gym as I need to complete my 5000word assignment and I've only done just ova 1500! Although I hav my kit wiv me and my towel I dont think I'll get de time. But then I wont sleep well so on 2nd thought I'll go but only for an hour and a half. (better than no time at all I guess!)

Oooh and yesterday de funniest thing eva happened I met dis Somali man in de gym & he kept passin me he didnt think I was Somali but kept starin at me while I was sweatin as thou I wanted 2 set a new world record & so when de treadmill stopped & I had cooled down a lil I said to him

'Ma wax ba kaa lumay?' & he looked at me strangely but didnt say anythin then I said

'ma wax ayaad deydeyeeysaa?' & then he kept quiet for a moment but then asked

'are u Somali?' (in English) & I thought to myself DAMN sum ppl really are dumb!

I just replied 'maya'

then he left only 2 cum back when I started liftin sum weights & then he asked

(in english again)

how do u kno Somali then & I said

'hoyadey ayaa ee bartay!' then I said

'I'm from Somalia' & then he said 'no! u aint' & I didnt kno whether to yell at him or throw de weights I had in my hands at him & then I asked him why he'd said dat & he goes Somali girls dont answer back in Somali at dat moment I just burst out laughin I thought he was gona say sumthin like Somali girls dont work out or are not light like u or sumthin like dat but no, he had de bloody nerve to assume dat just because I answered him back in our mother tongue I wasnt a Somali. I swear dis really made me think but damn I must admit I had a great laugh too & in his face I swear I've neva done dat b4 but it was GREAT!

Xafsa   

Exdane hats off to you girl...its nice to see somali sistahs that actually workout...keep it up.

Whats the hardest part of your work out exdane?

I hate the squats siiba when your doing it with weights...I have weak knees(imagine me at 50...yikes!!! :rolleyes: ) So it makes it harder for me to get back up :(

peace and luv

Xafsa   

I just realized that yoga is a real workout. I used to think it was just some boring routine meant to "ease your mind and keep you at one with the universe" :rolleyes: ...but it actually works!!

All the stretching helps to give you long lean muscles....the same with pilate.

Just thought I should share that!

peace and luv

Honesty is the best policy...I dont work out.

I always wanted to, but damn...I just never do it. These videos you guys talking about like Taebo and Bally Total Fitness where did you get them? Does it really work? Hmm.

.:peace n luv:.

Wow !!! WOW!!!

Keep up the good work you are almost there. You look Great now but you will look even better. I hope to reach that stage soon.

waraa adiga aaba ragaan dhan kwato

Xafsa   

^^^lool eating and sleeping bad combination. I know how you arabs love your afternoon naps :D

you don't have to go to the gym to work out...get some videos...get a treadmill and some dumbells and your set.

Xafsa   

^^^ chill brotha..no need to get hostile.

ITs just a simple question.

Dhib beey igu heeysaa kuma dhihin..I asked because your post didn't seem funny...I thought I missed a joke...thats all.

;)

I exercise my eyes occasionally...

*switches on t.v. to watch a tennis game*

Joke, I go the gym and do alot of exercise classes. For example erobics, cycling, LTB(legs, tums and bums)and dancing. This is the best way of loosing weight and toning up (dont forget your diet aswell,that is also very important. I try to cut down on bariiska saliida badan :D , you know Somalida iyo bloody saliid :rolleyes: ).

Exercise classes are also very enjoyable, as you have no time to get lazy because there is the instructor motivating you to carry on. I often find that when I am in the gym I get bored way to quick and call it a day after only 1 hour or so, which is not good. I usually try to work out 3 days a week, which is equivalent to about 9 hours a week.

"Exercising each day keeps the fat away"

Nefertiti

Raxmah   

Salaams

well, here is a thread worth responding to. well my exercise is simple, after I pray fajr on the morning I ran 45 mins to an hour on the treadmil, am relaxed all through out the day,gives me energy and best part is it wakes up everybody for fajr, with the noise it makes everybody wakes up and for that hour no body can stand me. Its fun to see the look on my sisters faces.